• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Sonic Says: Ultimate

Camalange

BRoomer
NNID
Camalange
3DS FC
1160-9836-5007
Switch FC
SW-4197-1438-9208
Well, it could do that too but I meant moreso when they're underneath you and are trying to jank you with an early vertical KO. Like, if they mess up Uair > Shuttle Loop or just a raw Shuttle Loop, dropping Spring hits them perfectly as they're rising and puts you out of range.
He was? Didn't really play that MU too much. Spring gimping, I'm guessing.
I'm exaggerating a little, but that, amongst other things.

:093:

Camalange

BRoomer
NNID
Camalange
3DS FC
1160-9836-5007
Switch FC
SW-4197-1438-9208
Well that's makes things a lot more fun then.
Looks like we'll finally meet irl?

Never really thought we would tbh, haha.
At least I won't be possibly the only sonic rep we will have there. And yea I do have skype
Let's put in work. I don't really know who all is going, especially as far as Sonics go.

hmu on Skype if you want to drop knowledge.

NNID
Kid Craft 24
3DS FC
3823-8516-6187
The only time MK was "fun" for me to fight was when they would SD after somehow clashing nado with one of my moves and because they were mashing would drill rush off stage.

Camalange

BRoomer
NNID
Camalange
3DS FC
1160-9836-5007
Switch FC
SW-4197-1438-9208
That's why I didn't go for the word "fun", but Sonic had it better than most in his tier and I felt like it wasn't as bad for us than for a lot of the cast. I also personally thought Snake was worse for us.

Camalange

BRoomer
NNID
Camalange
3DS FC
1160-9836-5007
Switch FC
SW-4197-1438-9208
I've personally always had a harder time dealing with zoner type characters as Sonic than anything else. Like, I'd rather play against Sheik than Rosaluma in Smash 4 because I know how to handle her, even though Sheik is overall the better character.

Snake was just a truly absurd character. Stupid heavy, amazing momentum cancel, strong recovery, disjointed hitboxes that can kill you at every percent... A character that zoned, killed, and doesn't die while you just have to eat everything. So infuriating.

Espy Rose

Dumb horse.
NNID
EspyRose
Sheik zones just as hard as Rosa. You're playing bad Sheiks. :applejack:

Last edited:

Camalange

BRoomer
NNID
Camalange
3DS FC
1160-9836-5007
Switch FC
SW-4197-1438-9208
Sheik zones just as hard as Rosa. You're playing bad Sheiks. :applejack:
Yeah, but it's different. Needles are obnoxious but I'd rather her zoning than Luma disjoints and everything that comes with it.

And no, I'm not lmao. Far from it.

Kuraudo

4Aerith
NNID
Kuraudo
Espy's just kuudere. (I think I'm using the right one...)

Say, @ Camalange Camalange outta curiosity. Where did you see ESAM name dropping the Sonics? Or was this in person or something?

[EDIT]

My bad! Did a search. Huh, COT dropped me too. He's moving to San Francisco but he's an awesome Mega Man.

Last edited:

Camalange

BRoomer
NNID
Camalange
3DS FC
1160-9836-5007
Switch FC
SW-4197-1438-9208
Espy's just kuudere. (I think I'm using the right one...)
Hmm... Yeah, I'd say so. Definitely not a tsundere.
Say, @ Camalange Camalange outta curiosity. Where did you see ESAM name dropping the Sonics? Or was this in person or something?

[EDIT]

My bad! Did a search. Huh, COT dropped me too. He's moving to San Francisco but he's an awesome Mega Man.
Yeah, it was during their bracketology stream. Felt good to not just be a random, haha.

Sonic Orochi

Smash Ace
**** Sheiks and Rosalumas.
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

I think that, aside from Pikachu's QA, they're the only ones that truly deserve a nerf. Then buff the lower tiers and we're set. And fix BSBS..

NNID
Kid Craft 24
3DS FC
3823-8516-6187
I would be ok with higher tiered characters receiving buffs if those buffs where meaningful towards making each character more enjoyable to play as while also buffing lower tiered characters so they stand on a much more equal playing field.

Syndralix

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Syndralix
Back when Brawl was The Big Thing, I liked playing with a mod called Balanced Brawl. It wasn't a drastic mechanical overhaul like Project M - the philosophy behind BB was to keep the feel of Brawl while fixing some issues and improving competitive viability for all characters. They set Diddy Kong as their baseline since he's near the top but not broken, and basically buffed everyone to be relatively as good as him. (Except Meta Knight - they had to nerf him to bring him DOWN to Diddy's level. =P)

What I'm saying is, BB shaped my feelings on how balance patches should be handled. It doesn't hurt that it was (I think?) the first mod to not require Homebrew, which I appreciate for "fear-of-bricking-my-console"-y reasons.

Luig

Confused
I just downloaded bb! Is it weird that I have played pm, brawl minus, bb, and brawl +? Brawl minus and pm are my favorite. Also, the spring meteor in bb=r.i.p marth.

Last edited:

Espy Rose

Dumb horse.
NNID
EspyRose
It's weird because you're a newbie.
Brawl Minus' first version was easily the best Smash-mod to ever exist. :applejack:

Luig

Confused
Brawl minus is such an underrated mod. I've never actually played the first version. Good thing they keep every version on their main site unlike another mod. There's always the hyper sonic psa if you want broken though...

Last edited:

Camalange

BRoomer
NNID
Camalange
3DS FC
1160-9836-5007
Switch FC
SW-4197-1438-9208
I always wanted to try Balanced Brawl. Seemed like the only mod philosophy I was interested in for the game, since I actually liked how Brawl played.

It's a shame that the Brawl community was so stubborn about not changing, and by the time it was open to it, it was far too late.

Never understood why at least no tripping mods didn't become the norm. Everyone's logic behind not doing it was basically "if we start there then where do we stop" and I was like uh we just stop there it's literally the best improvement you can make without actually altering the game.

Balanced Brawl though seems like it could've been a healthier Brawl meta.

Luig

Confused
BB'smain site is still up with a download. Brawl is one of my favorite smash games because it was my first (if you don't count 64 on an emulator, but I had no knowledge of the game really.) I feel like one of the main reasons people hate brawl is because project m. People look at project m and go, "why couldn't brawl be like this?" I actually like brawls slow paced game and how it played. Outside of the occasional trip into falcon punch moment with my friend.

Last edited:

jordanm43444

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Jordanm43444
I always wanted to try Balanced Brawl. Seemed like the only mod philosophy I was interested in for the game, since I actually liked how Brawl played.

It's a shame that the Brawl community was so stubborn about not changing, and by the time it was open to it, it was far too late.

Never understood why at least no tripping mods didn't become the norm. Everyone's logic behind not doing it was basically "if we start there then where do we stop" and I was like uh we just stop there it's literally the best improvement you can make without actually altering the game.

Balanced Brawl though seems like it could've been a healthier Brawl meta.

I was always intrested in it as well, though was it actually balanced or was it completley ****?

Camalange

BRoomer
NNID
Camalange
3DS FC
1160-9836-5007
Switch FC
SW-4197-1438-9208
They fixed grab release for every char. Look at the tiny print changelist. If it isn't there i tested it.
Ah, okay. I was just looking at character changes and they had it for Snake but not Sonic.

Top Bottom