• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Sonic Says: Ultimate

Camalange

BRoomer
NNID
Camalange
3DS FC
1160-9836-5007
Switch FC
SW-4197-1438-9208
Kinda surprised she hasn't been, honestly.
iirc, SEGA held a poll to see which character would be the most popular choice for Sonic & SEGA All-Stars Racing: Transformed as a DLC addition, and she was at the top. I don't think anything ever came of this though, sadly.

:093:

NonSpecificGuy

The Extraordinary is in What We Do
Super Moderator
Premium
Writing Team
NNID
Goldeneye2674
3DS FC
0989-1770-6584
iirc, SEGA held a poll to see which character would be the most popular choice for Sonic & SEGA All-Stars Racing: Transformed as a DLC addition, and she was at the top. I don't think anything ever came of this though, sadly.

There was also something about Bayonetta getting denied, right? Sega is a little weird with those types of things. Remember when Mario was considered but was dropped so people wouldn't confuse the game with the Olympic Games series? That's the weirdest.

The Merc

Hyrule's "Light"
I love Sticks myself. We need more of her. Also....I need money badly to get a new gamecube controller and adapter.
I don't mind Sticks. I just wish they made her a little less paranoid. I mean, it's funny at times, but sometimes they just take it too far.

:135:

SegaNintendoUbisoft

The Amateur Artist
NNID
S.N.U0203
3DS FC
4725-8740-7336
I like Sticks, even if she can get annoying at times. I love the idea of a Sonic character with a couple of screws loose.

Jason the Yoshi

Watching Me, Wanting Me
Sticks?

Honestly, I don't really like Sticks very much. Shes not on my "least favorite characters" list like Fawful, Conker, and Geno are, but still, she only struck me as annoying.

KyroChao

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Kyro_Keatonlabs
Hatsune miku Yesssss...

And sticks is ok, not my favorite but i like her, even if she's a tad overdone sometimes.

Sticks?

Honestly, I don't really like Sticks very much. Shes not on my "least favorite characters" list like Fawful, Conker, and Geno are, but still, she only struck me as annoying.
Fawful? Your dead to me mate B<

Jason the Yoshi

Watching Me, Wanting Me
Fawful? Your dead to me mate B<
Why? He's the most ANNOYING character in all of Video Game history! Doesn't make good jokes, idiotic behavior, all that and, well, he's a total prick!

Especially because the "I have (Insert word here)" joke got as soon as you first see it.

Last edited:

Jason the Yoshi

Watching Me, Wanting Me
I guess it's safe to conclude that I've given up for any brighter future for Sonic. Don't get the wrong idea, I'm still a fan, but now I think it's time I stop buying his newest hits until we've heard good enough things about them.

IvanQuote

Smash Ace
NNID
ivanquote
3DS FC
1693-3075-2999
There was also something about Bayonetta getting denied, right? Sega is a little weird with those types of things. Remember when Mario was considered but was dropped so people wouldn't confuse the game with the Olympic Games series? That's the weirdest.
The case with that was that ESRB and equivalents said that her presence in the game would bump the rating from E 10+ to T is she wasn't censored to the point of being untrue to her original character and personality. The devs didn't want that, so away she went. Considering Sakurai hold the faithfulness mentality to anyone not named Wario, I feel this shoots her chances in Sm4sh too.

Espy Rose

Dumb horse.
NNID
EspyRose
I guess it's safe to conclude that I've given up for any brighter future for Sonic. Don't get the wrong idea, I'm still a fan, but now I think it's time I stop buying his newest hits until we've heard good enough things about them.
His last "hit" was Lost World. If you've been buying anything else, you're only hurting yourself. :applejack:

NNID
MasterHavik
I don't mind Sticks. I just wish they made her a little less paranoid. I mean, it's funny at times, but sometimes they just take it too far.

I love it personally. They really do a good job writing her...which is shocking since Sega isn't usually THAT good when it comes to comedy characters.

Fox Is Openly Deceptive

Smash Detective
Administrator
BRoomer
Hey Cam. I was updating the dictionary a bit and decided to get frame specific instructions to some of Sonic's techs. I figured you might want the information if nobody else has gone in depth with it yet. Notably:
"SDSH"- Spin Dash Short Hop. If you tap Jump as soon as you hit the ground after landing from the initial hop that occurs when you release side-special (SDH), you will do a smaller version of the SDJ. This can be from a grounded or an aerial side-special. The timing for this is usually very difficult (frame 29 only out of an uncharged side-special used on the ground; frame 30 will give you the regular SDJ, and frame 28 will have Sonic DJ out of the SDH), but if you do a side-special in the air after already having used up your double jump, you can actually hit and hold the jump button anywhere within a 10 frame window before you touch the ground and it will work easily every time.

"ISDJ"- Instant Spin Dash Jump. This is a technique that bypasses much of the animation of side-special to take you straight to doing a spin dash jump (SDJ). Normally if you want to use side special from the ground to do a SDJ, you need to hit side-special, wait for Sonic to curl up into a ball and charge for a moment, then wait for him to hop into the air (SDH) and wait for him to land and finally start rolling along the ground (SDR) before you can press either the attack or the jump button to do a SDJ and launch yourself through the air with a hitbox. The ISDJ skips all of this except for the first 7 frames of Sonic curling up just before he turns into a ball. What you need to do is run (not just dash) hit side-special (you may hold special if you like), then on frame 8 hit the attack button (not the jump button). If you press the attack button 1 frame too early, the input won't register and you'll just do a normal side-special. If you press it 1 frame too late, you'll do a vertical spin dash jump (i.e. you'll jump directly upwards with a hitbox while in a ball). Note that if you hit Backwards on the joystick on frames 1, 2, 3, 5, 6, or 7 then hit attack on frame 8, Sonic will do an ISDJ in the direction of the run as usual except he'll be facing backwards. If instead you hit Backwards on frame 4, you'll turn around mid-roll, start rolling back the other way, and if you hit attack on frame 8 you'll do an ISDJ in the opposite direction of your initial run.

The Merc

Hyrule's "Light"

Syndralix

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Syndralix
Hey Cam. I was updating the dictionary a bit and decided to get frame specific instructions to some of Sonic's techs. I figured you might want the information if nobody else has gone in depth with it yet. Notably:
I'm not Camalange, but that's good stuff. Thanks for sharing!

I remember in his video on ISDJ, Cam had a blink-and-you'll-miss-it note on how hard doing a reverse ISDJ was. Seeing that it takes two frame-perfect inputs in a row gives that complaint some much-needed context. Yes, we knew it was hard, but now we know exactly how hard.

Camalange

BRoomer
NNID
Camalange
3DS FC
1160-9836-5007
Switch FC
SW-4197-1438-9208
I didn't even know there was a dictionary.

Strong write-up! I explain all of these in my guide, but the frame specific stuff is worth noting. I might have to elaborate my own posts with these.

Thanks!
I guess your right. Though I do think that the Boom TV series does have some good writing for it.

Oh. Camalange Camalange , did you mean to say why did he Bair?

No, I meant why didn't he Bair.

He tried recovering with Spring at one point but was too far away, so to extend your horizontal distance, you perform an aerial after your Up-B. In Brawl, it was best to use Fair for maximum distance and minimal cooldown, but now, Bair is the fastest to act out of, so Sonic will be more likely to get maximum distance while still being able to snap to the ledge instead of passing by it.
I'm not Camalange, but that's good stuff. Thanks for sharing!

I remember in his video on ISDJ, Cam had a blink-and-you'll-miss-it note on how hard doing a reverse ISDJ was. Seeing that it takes two frame-perfect inputs in a row gives that complaint some much-needed context. Yes, we knew it was hard, but now we know exactly how hard.
Reverse ISDJ is for masochists.

The Merc

Hyrule's "Light"
No, I meant why didn't he Bair.

He tried recovering with Spring at one point but was too far away, so to extend your horizontal distance, you perform an aerial. In Brawl, it was best to use Fair for maximum distance and minimal cooldown, but now, Bair is the fastest to act out of, so Sonic will be more likely to get maximum distance while still being able to snap to the ledge instead of passing by it.
Oh, I never knew that. Maybe I should remember this and use it more.

KyroChao

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Kyro_Keatonlabs
I think at this point Sonic boom has mended its name for the cartoon series, enough so that this isnt really that risky. They arent flaunting around RoL or SC around, but they are advertising the show which has been praised and recognized as a good show, so i think this is only fair.

Besides iirc sonic x had a dvd with the episodes too. Actually i think every sonic cartoon has

Jason the Yoshi

Watching Me, Wanting Me
I think at this point Sonic boom has mended its name for the cartoon series, enough so that this isnt really that risky. They arent flaunting around RoL or SC around, but they are advertising the show which has been praised and recognized as a good show, so i think this is only fair.

Besides iirc sonic x had a dvd with the episodes too. Actually i think every sonic cartoon has
Sonic X didn't have a DVD for the Metarex saga.

Espy Rose

Dumb horse.
NNID
EspyRose
Third season of X was fine. People are just hating because 4kids took a **** on it. :applejack:

Top Bottom