• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Sonic/Shadow Character Idea

Status
Not open for further replies.

cooler110033

Smash Rookie
Being that Sonic will likely be a playable character, i was thinking he could have an alternate costume (You know how in Melee you press X/Y to change color) and that would lead to Shadow.

Melee never did this (except for maybe the Peach/Daisy thing), but maybe for the Wii Nintendo will impliment this. I think it would be sophisticated.

You could have Shadow as Sonic's red costume, kinda give him different shoes, change his spikes, you know, make a few slight changes. SSBB could fit Sonic and Shadow in the same character slot and not have to waste it on a clone character like Melee did w/ Mario and Dr. Mario.

And as for Tails, Knuckles, and maybe even Silver, they can have theiry own character slot, i guess, i mean they're pretty different. Knuckles and Rouge can maybe be clone characters.

PS: To everyone who's likely already started a thread just like this, sorry, i didn't mean to rip off your idea, just new here.

Farsightrx20

Smash Rookie
You must be a SSB Noob! Mario and Dr.Mario are two different characters just because they look alike doesn't mean they are the same. Its about their speed and the effect they have on your enemy that tells them apart not their apearance. just like Marth and roy

BlueFlames

Smash Apprentice
Being that Sonic will likely be a playable character, i was thinking he could have an alternate costume (You know how in Melee you press X/Y to change color) and that would lead to Shadow.

Melee never did this (except for maybe the Peach/Daisy thing), but maybe for the Wii Nintendo will impliment this. I think it would be sophisticated.

You could have Shadow as Sonic's red costume, kinda give him different shoes, change his spikes, you know, make a few slight changes. SSBB could fit Sonic and Shadow in the same character slot and not have to waste it on a clone character like Melee did w/ Mario and Dr. Mario.

And as for Tails, Knuckles, and maybe even Silver, they can have theiry own character slot, i guess, i mean they're pretty different. Knuckles and Rouge can maybe be clone characters.

PS: To everyone who's likely already started a thread just like this, sorry, i didn't mean to rip off your idea, just new here.
sorry, but sonic's third party. but, if Sega and a lot of Fan Boy's of sonic the hedgehog were to whine and complain to Sakurai to add sonic, then your chances of him getting in are...about say....11%?no, no.....wait....about.....7%.....there, that's better! but good idea!(no offense)

cooler110033

Smash Rookie
sorry, but sonic's third party. but, if Sega and a lot of Fan Boy's of sonic the hedgehog were to whine and complain to Sakurai to add sonic, then your chances of him getting in are...about say....11%?no, no.....wait....about.....7%.....there, that's better! but good idea!(no offense)
Nintendo has worked closely with Sega for a while now. Think about it, Nintendo gets all the good stuff from Sega. (Sonic Rush for DS was great Sonic Rivals for PSP sucked...Sonic the Hedgehog for PS3/360 sucked, Sonic Secret Rings is a whole seperate project exclusively for the Wii which seems good). Sega and Nintendo have pretty merged by now.

Anyway, if SNAKE from MGS can get into SSB, then i'm pretty sure Sonic is just a step away.

cooler110033

Smash Rookie
You must be a SSB Noob! Mario and Dr.Mario are two different characters just because they look alike doesn't mean they are the same. Its about their speed and the effect they have on your enemy that tells them apart not their apearance. just like Marth and roy
When i say clone characters, i mean characters that are dangerously similar.

I mean, come on, his moves look exactly the same and the effects are pretty much the same, the only difference being that Dr. Mario sends you outwards and downwards and Mario sends you outwards and upwards (if i remember correctly).

Anyway, compare, like, Link and Fox to Mario and Dr. Mario. Or Ganondorf and C. Falcon.
Or Link and Young Link. Or Pichu and Pikachu.

Also, you implied that Marth and Roy are not clones as if to say that i would even think that.

I know they're not, they are very different. First of all, Nintendo changed up their moves (unlike Mario vs. Dr. Mario), their weight is slightly different (unlike Mario vs. Dr. Mario), and their fighting style is really different. (Marth is faster and weaker than Roy, unlike Mario and Dr. Mario, who are virtually identical in all those respects, except for power, D Mario's stronger).

So, yeah.

zerosin

Smash Apprentice
But Shadow moves and can possibly fight slightly different than Sonic. If they were to join the SSBB cast, they should be separate characters.

cooler110033

Smash Rookie
But Shadow moves and can possibly fight slightly different than Sonic. If they were to join the SSBB cast, they should be separate characters.
Not to disagree or anything, but judging from SA2 Battle for the Gamecube, Sonic and Shadow have the same exact speed and moves. So i just assumed they were the same for everything...can you explain how they differ?

FiErCe_oNi

Smash Lord
i agree kinda. sonic should be the only sega character filling a character slot. none of the other sega characters deserve a spot. knuckles could be sonic's red costume while shadow could be sonic's black costume. although, if it would cost nintendo money to do that, i wouldn't want them to use extra sonic characters at all.

Farsightrx20

Smash Rookie
I got your mail cooler you said you bashed me?

I'll try not to argue with you but how about we settle this like men and have a round like the good old days . that way i can show you the difference in getting beaten by Mario and Dr. Mario.
Then i might even teach the diference between Fox and Falco, because you said their move look exactly the same,remember?
(well you didnt acctually say that but if you read your posts youll know what i mean)

cooler110033

Smash Rookie
I got your mail cooler you said you bashed me?

I'll try not to argue with you but how about we settle this like men and have a round like the good old days . that way i can show you the difference in getting beaten by Mario and Dr. Mario.
Then i might even teach the diference between Fox and Falco, because you said their move look exactly the same,remember?
(well you didnt acctually say that but if you read your posts youll know what i mean)
No, characters like Mario and Dr. Mario are a lot more like clones than Fox and Falco are.

Fox is a little faster than Falco, and Falco has flashier moves that actually make a difference in battle. Also, Falco's all around stronger and his reach is a lot shorter.

They actually do have a lot of differentiating traits. Mario and Dr. Mario dont have any. (well, maybe like, one)

Mestro

Smash Journeyman

It's like my idea of changing Simon Belmont's costume, so you can choose different CV char like Trevor or Richter... That idea is great for any character. ;) so It's good

Mic_128

Wake up...
Administrator
BRoomer
IF your topic is closed, don't remake it.

Sonic topics already exist, searh for one.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom