• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Sonic Support Signatures

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Halloween Captain

Smash Master
and it was forgotten just as swiftly

lol yoshi
Actually, that is incorrect. And as proof, I'll tell you what I learned about the Yoshi v. Metaknight matchup from Mmac on Brawl Tactical.

From Mmac alone, I know that Yoshi relies strongly on his eggs here especially when recovering. Yoshi's pivot grab is a part of a combo Yoshi mainers use frequently, as it is a safe move. On slanted courses, Yoshi has "draconic reverse," which works even on Lylat Cruise. Yoshi's horizontal speed second only to Jigglypuff, can actually be quite hard to edge-guard, making a "wall of eggs" in the matches I've seen. I have more, and all of it is thanks to Mmac.

Of course, I could always PM him, I'm sure he would better inform us of Yoshi matchups.

infomon

Smash Scientist
Yeah yeah, we're trolling a l'il. And Mmac is awesome.

But it doesn't really matter what people in the SBR think of Sonic, if they don't want to bother learning how the character works then that's their loss... it's just sad because their misinformed opinions of Sonic discourage ppl from picking him up; but whatever. I don't believe Sonic will ever make it out of low tier, and since the gap between MK and the few other top vs. the low tiers is so big, I doubt the serious SBRy playing-to-win-at-a-national-scale ppl will ever care enough to learn the "truth" about a low-tier so that his placement in some arbitrary tier list can move around a couple of spots.

The Halloween Captain

Smash Master
Yeah yeah, we're trolling a l'il. And Mmac is awesome.

But it doesn't really matter what people in the SBR think of Sonic, if they don't want to bother learning how the character works then that's their loss... it's just sad because their misinformed opinions of Sonic discourage ppl from picking him up; but whatever. I don't believe Sonic will ever make it out of low tier, and since the gap between MK and the few other top vs. the low tiers is so big, I doubt the serious SBRy playing-to-win-at-a-national-scale ppl will ever care enough to learn the "truth" about a low-tier so that his placement in some arbitrary tier list can move around a couple of spots.
It's too bad that Mmac's tactics actually work exceedingly well, beyond the desirers of everyone around him to remain ignorant about a character. Otherwise, I'd agree to that attitude.

memphischains

Smash hhkj'
I want to keep this thread alive.

although i don't have this in my signiture currently, i think its pretty obvious why.
whoever doesn't have the quote in the OP in their sig will eventually feel my strangely pleasing wrath, with a side of flaming and mental torture

Kinzer

Mammy
NNID
Kinzer
3DS FC
2251-6533-0581
Oh man Memphis, I'm sorry I don't have it in my sig, but this was infuriating, and if it name-drops, it makes it all the better.

Boxob

Smash Champion
He deserved it for assigning me six points.

Six.

Es Eye Ex.

For double posting.

****. You. Hylian.

:093:

TwinkleToes

Smash Lord
Halloween, you're taking this shit way too seriously, man. It's supposed to be a joke.

Hylian

Not even death can save you from me
Administrator
BRoomer
Switch FC
2687-7494-5103
He deserved it for assigning me six points.

Six.

Es Eye Ex.

For double posting.

****. You. Hylian.

If you would follow the rules I wouldn't have to infract you. It's that simple.

1. You triple posted(2 points)
2. Disrespect for forum leaders(3points)
3. Spam(1 or 2 points depending)

That is how you aquired 6 points. I don't understand your problem with just following the rules. We do have rules here and you, just like everyone else here, are supposed to follow them.

Hylian

Administrator
BRoomer
Switch FC
2687-7494-5103
What's wrong with double posting...
I recommend reading the global rules. They are posted in an announcment at the top of the forum.

I don't pick out people, I try to infract everyone who breaks the rules. I really don't care about people complaining about me. I'm just doing my job.

Jim Morrison

Smash Authority
Frankly, my dear, people tend to read your post once. If I said "I can play in an hour" and suddenly I can play in 30 mins, I'm not gonna edit my post, hoping he'd read it. I'd just post once more just so he knows 'Hey, he posted, he must be ready to play now'

Boxob

Smash Champion
If you're going to infract someone for triple posting, you can't ALSO infract them for spam. Not for the same instance. It's one or the other. Triple posting is spam, and spam is triple posting. Pick one, stick with it.

Hylian

Administrator
BRoomer
Switch FC
2687-7494-5103
Frankly, my dear, people tend to read your post once. If I said "I can play in an hour" and suddenly I can play in 30 mins, I'm not gonna edit my post, hoping he'd read it. I'd just post once more just so he knows 'Hey, he posted, he must be ready to play now'
I don't make the rules I just enforce them. If you have a problem with any of the rules then take it up with an administrator.
If you're going to infract someone for triple posting, you can't ALSO infract them for spam. Not for the same instance. It's one or the other. Triple posting is spam, and spam is triple posting. Pick one, stick with it.

This simply isn't true. If you would like to discuss this with me personally you can PM me.

Boxob

Smash Champion
I'd rather discuss with you, openly, group input is always nice.

You're telling me that someone triple posting isn't spam?

Or that useless triple posting is spam.

If the later of the two, than triple posting/spam would be ONE wrong doing. Not two separate ordeals.

Jim Morrison

Smash Authority
durr, Box, don't get an infraction over this O_o.
To keep this on topic to not be banhammered, I support this support signature.

Hylian

Administrator
BRoomer
Switch FC
2687-7494-5103
I'd rather discuss with you, openly, group input is always nice.

You're telling me that someone triple posting isn't spam?

Or that useless triple posting is spam.

If the later of the two, than triple posting/spam would be ONE wrong doing. Not two separate ordeals.

You can either discuss it with me through PM's or post about it in the Forum Disputes and have Administrators and Smods look at it. There is no point in cluttering up this thread. If you have a problem with my moderation then take it to forum disputes or discuss it with me. I am more then willing to have an administrator look at this if you want.

TC you may make another thread like this one but I am going to lock this.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom