• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Sonic Texture and Music Thread

Kupo Rose

It's what my cutie mark is telling me ♫
Those shades and shoes need serious fixing. Oh well, v1 apparently, wonder how that'll turn out.

Lol x.x

Tesh

Smash Hero
I saw a Madworld texture for Ganondorf and I was wondering if anyone knew where I could find Madworld textures for other characters. Or could someone possibly make one for me for sonic?

Kupo Rose

Updated with music for convenience sake. Still got a lot more to add.

I've just put in the easy to find mains ones.

I saw a Madworld texture for Ganondorf and I was wondering if anyone knew where I could find Madworld textures for other characters. Or could someone possibly make one for me for sonic?
I guess I can give it a go (don't expect anything amazing though). Can you give me a ref to look at?

Tesh

Smash Hero
Oh this is a music thread too? I will post some later.

Kupo, you would make one for me? Do you want me to post a picture of the Madworld Ganon I have? I have never seen a Madworld Sonic. If you have played the game you might get what I mean. Just black and white (no gray I think) with certain (few to none) things accented with red, yellow and blue. Black and White is fine, I'm not sure how good it would look if his shoes stay red or the bands around his wrists.

Kupo Rose

I'll try to. And yeah, post a pic of Madworld Ganon would be great since I've never played or seen Madworld before lol.

Kupo Rose

Oh that texture o.o
Well Sonic has little to no detail whatsoever. So expect a lot of white and very little black.

edit: Is this okay?

Kupo Rose

Lol thanks. If Tesh doesn't want any changes made, I'll put a download link up.

Tesh

Smash Hero
**** that is awesome. You don't have to make his eyes red though, it fits ganon but my point was just that you can use a teeny bit of color to accent something that is very "sonic" about him. Like maybe blue, yellow or red wristbands. I'm not sure what it is about sonic, but the color is supposed to accent something important about sonic.

I love it so far, but I just have a request or two about his head. I don't know if the eyes should be colored at all (black is fine), but aren't sonic's eyes green? Also the shading near his mouth looks like he has a goatee. The black on his spikes looks a bit odd. Could you make it more like ganon's cape. It has a fold of white, then black then white etc. like shadows. If you could make his spikes a bit more solid white and/or make the undersides of his spikes (the ones less exposed to light) black, I would like it alot more.

I figured the gloves would be white, but they look GREAT in black, don't change it please.

Last thing, if it would be extremely easy for you to make and inverted one with all the black parts white, and all the white parts black. I would like both please. But, if that would take too much time, I still love the white one.

Btw I am sooooooooo maining the Madworld Sonic.

Kupo Rose

Cheeeers =3

Also the shading near his mouth looks like he has a goatee.
Lol okay, took that shading off.

So how's this? I gave him yellow wristbands and green eyes (if you want it black instead, it's an easy fix). Also made his head/quills more white and the bottom part of his quills are now black. Can't really say it turned out that well though imo...

Here's the inverted version.

I have no comment lol.

(Personally I prefer the 1st version but it's up to you)

Kupo Rose

Desync is when a replay and/or 2 or more Wii's (during wifi) do not sync with each other.

Say for example (since I suck at explaining things), on wifi you use this texture for FD while I do not.

Sonic vs Shadow v2 (replaces Final Destination)

Since this texture totally changes everything about FD such as smaller blastzones and has walk-offs, everytime you walk to the far left or right, it would appear (on my screen) as if you're randomly SD'ing, while on your screen you would probably just see me not doing anything or attacking at nothing, thus the desync happens.

I'll show you if you still don't get it since it's much easier lol.

Tesh

Smash Hero
Okay, here I go:
The eyes and the wristbands are too much color I guess. In the game, only the health bar had color until you started killing stuff, and I guess that won't be possible in brawl anyway. So yea, black eyes and the original wristbands you had would be great.

It looks like the detail is completely gone from his mouth now? It looks less like a paper drawing on Sonic now. I just wanted the large splotch of black gone that you can see in the original 3rd picture. So if you can just take away all the color from the eyes and wristbands. And put the detail back on the mouth/chin, but maybe not so thick? It actually looks better in the original than the 2nd, but perhaps in the middle is best.

I love the added detail on his spikes. He must looks awesome when he goes into ball form. The original one actually looks almost perfect cept for the eyes and the large beard imo.

so:
-keep detail on spikes (<3)
-put some or all detail back on the mouth
-remove eye color and wristband color
-Toot toot sonic warrior

I really appreciate this, thanks. Also, dumb question I have asked elsewhere without an answer. Is it possible to texture the coins in coin battle to look...lke blood? Like just texturing them red?

Kupo Rose

I really appreciate this, thanks. Also, dumb question I have asked elsewhere without an answer. Is it possible to texture the coins in coin battle to look...lke blood? Like just texturing them red?
No worries.

Well I just checked BrawlVault and I don't think you can :|

And his ball form pretty much looks like this ↓

Except there are hints of pink too. I'm unable to take it away though. Sonic has this issue of not being able to be coloured completely white :dizzy:

Should be able to get this done by tommorow or later tonight. Gotta go wash my car atm xD

Tesh

Smash Hero
OH MY GOD!

Its a ****ing disco ball spindash. THANK YOU! Once I have that texture I will rule the world with so much canned heat in my heels.

TommyGreenShirt

Smash Journeyman
Desync is when a replay and/or 2 or more Wii's (during wifi) do not sync with each other.

Say for example (since I suck at explaining things), on wifi you use this texture for FD while I do not.

Sonic vs Shadow v2 (replaces Final Destination)

Since this texture totally changes everything about FD such as smaller blastzones and has walk-offs, everytime you walk to the far left or right, it would appear (on my screen) as if you're randomly SD'ing, while on your screen you would probably just see me not doing anything or attacking at nothing, thus the desync happens.

I'll show you if you still don't get it since it's much easier lol.
So like, what would happen after that? Would the players still have influence over each other? Or would the connection completely die?

Kupo Rose

We have disco?

Relevent to topic at hand: For some reason, the first Mad World Sonic looked a bit more... shall I say, diabolical? At least that's assuming we're going for that look.
Disco ball, disco ball

Disco party, disco party

Yeah that's what I'm going for. Madworld isn't really a suitable texture for Sonic. As you can see, lots of detail is needed since only 2 colours are used.

[collapse="Take a look at Ganon's body texture"]
[/collapse]

Lots of detail due to his armour so using black and white here would be good.

[collapse="Now take a look at Sonic's body texture"]
[/collapse]

Absolute little to no detail, so I will have to "force" something in to make it look like it's Madworld themed (which will make it look... Odd, to say the least, lol).

[collapse="more screenshots Tesh"]

[/collapse]

Tesh

Smash Hero
Yea I can understand the difficulty of making it "fit". It looks nice though, kinda like an ink pen drawing of sonic. The only things that tend to look odd here are the front of his head and the odd sort of tuxedo look to his torso (I can't imagine what can be done about that, aside from trying the madworld emblem on him to see). The best parts are definitely the details on the gloves and shoes.

Anyway, it looks really awesome to me right now. I can't think of anyway to make it better than it already is.

Kupo Rose

The only things that tend to look odd here are the front of his head and the odd sort of tuxedo look to his torso (I can't imagine what can be done about that, aside from trying the madworld emblem on him to see). parts are definitely the details on the gloves and shoes.
Fiiiiixed?

And here's v1 of Madworld Sonic if anyone wants it. http://www.mediafire.com/?roc9gknl08shdh8

[collapse="v1"]

[/collapse]

@Kinzer: Lol, it was just a link to Michael Jackson's song Don't Stop 'Til You Get Enough

Tesh

Smash Hero
Looks a little odd, but I'll take it. Actually I downloaded v1 and its much better in motion. The detail I wanted is almost perfect. There are some really cool and brief splashes of red and blue when he runs, taunts and attacks. If you were doing that on purpose, that would be cool if you could emphasize it a little more with back air, down air and his tilts. After all, in Madworld you didn't see much color until the action started. But its awesome as is, thanks Kupo/Moogle.

Is it alright if I post this stuff here? Its just remixes of classic sonic music.

Download Spring Yard Hip Hop

Download Snappleman Flying Battery Zone(Dead Batteries)

Download Snappleman Final Boss Sonic 3 (Malicious Fingers)

Download Green Hill Zone Remix

Download Aquatic Ruin Zone Remix

Download Angel Island Zone Remix

Download Carnival Night Zone Remix

Download Leslie Wai-Flying Battery Zone

Download Leslie Wai-Marble Garden Zone

Kupo Rose

Looks a little odd, but I'll take it. Actually I downloaded v1 and its much better in motion. The detail I wanted is almost perfect. There are some really cool and brief splashes of red and blue when he runs, taunts and attacks. If you were doing that on purpose, that would be cool if you could emphasize it a little more with back air, down air and his tilts. After all, in Madworld you didn't see much color until the action started. But its awesome as is, thanks Kupo/Moogle.

Is it alright if I post this stuff here? Its just remixes of classic sonic music.
Pictures never do justice.

No probs, I'm not really pleased with the texture either lol. Here you go though. http://www.mediafire.com/?tjp8duvkow6m6xk

I can't/dunno how to do that. The red and blue is just his texture file lol (I'm guessing you put the texture in his regular or red costume). You'll get yellow and blue splashes if you put the texture in his yellow costume.

And yeah, post music here if you want.

Espy Rose

Dumb horse.
NNID
EspyRose
They have a hack that give's Sonic glasses?!
Oh my god. JALEEL WHITE SONIC. ****ING DO IT.

=====

On another note, seeing those glasses hacks for Sonic makes me wanna request a Sonic for the first time ever.
Jesus Christ, those shades on Sonic look so good.

Top Bottom