• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Sonic The Hedgehog: Community Matchup thread

What is Sonic's worst match up?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

ROOOOY!

Smash Master
NNID
Gengite
3DS FC
5456-0280-5804
Right, basically, it doesn't matter whatever ratio it is particularly, it's Greenstreets choice anyway. We've already deduced it's either 50:50 or 55:45 Sonic, but both are regarded as neutral.
So we've basically covered everything we need to. We should wait until Greenstreet gets here to start the new match-up, methinks.

Uffe

Smash Hero
First of all, let me start by saying that I love your little list here of how it shows who has the advantage, disadvantage and neutrals. (:

As much as all contributions are welcomed, we would prefer it that if you were contributing then please ensure that you have played at least a competant Sonic mainer. In the same way we wouldn't base our match-up verdicts on bad Ness gameplay, we'd like it if you could base your ideas on experiences with good Sonic's.
From ROOOOY!

What we need help on too are these three catergorys :

Behaviour:
How does a Ness behave in a match? Not match-up specific, just in general.

I'd say he loves his mom a lot to the point where he misses being at home. He's willing to have people join his group to save the world. He may look like a confused child when he looks around, but he's always happy.

Commonly Used Moves:
Again, not match-up specific, but what moves are often used by Ness mains?

Some Ness mains are different than others. Some love using PK Fire and PK Thunder while others seem to play close to close combat. Some play it safe and some take chances to where they have a possibility of losing because of how risky they are. A lot of Ness mains love using fair. Possibly the best approach I guess.

Recommended Stages:
What stages should Sonic take a Ness to to give himself an easier time? What would also be cool is suggesting stages NOT to take Ness on, stages that benefit Ness.

Ness has a lot of choices when it comes to choosing stages. His best I guess would be places like Final Destination, Smashville, Pirate Ship, Delfino Plaza, though I hate that stage with a passion. Port Town Aero Dive, Brinstar, Norfair, etc. Battlefield and Lylat Cruise would probably be his worst, though a few Ness mains love going to those stages whether it is counter picked or not. The thing is is that you need to learn your stages like you learn your character.

As for my matches with Sonic, very little. I have very little experience against good Sonic mains. I have been able to beat some Sonic mains, this is through wifi by the way and I'd have to say each character can give each other a bad time. The first time I played Tenki, he showed me things I had never seen. Feints, dash cancels, stuff like that. He was really putting the pressure on me. I know you can use your Spring to gimp Ness, but so far I haven't had that problem. I played it safe after Tenki has provided that sort of information.

Even though on wifi, whether or not you think it matters, I was able to beat Tenki and he was able to beat me, no doubt. Again, I don't really have much experience against Sonic mains, so they give me a hard time. I'd like to say this match up is neutral, but it's too early to say that, I guess. We've already brought up Sonic months ago in a match up thread which is where Tenki went against me. I can't say I'm the person to play if you want a good Ness vs a good Sonic because I never been to a tournament and Tenki has.

Kinzer

Mammy
NNID
Kinzer
3DS FC
2251-6533-0581
Well boys, start talking about whatever for another 13 posts.

I also think the matchups are a little bit off, and some reds shouldn't be reds, but that's me.

Probably going to have to redo some of these matchups once we get the Mother guide up I suppose, so that will give me a chance to work with anybody named Kirby and before.

Napilopez

Smash Lord
Lalala.

Some stuff about ROB.

ASC is your amigo in this matchup. That diagonal attack point is like right in his blindspot.

Gyro is annoying, and hard to pick up sometimes.

Nair has to be one of the most annoying moves in the whole game. Overall hurtbox is the size of russia, is disjointed like heck.

Fair is just annoying even if its not powerful.

Dsmash OoS is.. Annoying. Frame 4 startup?!? Only thing sonic has quicker than that is his jab. At least it doesn't really kill though =P.

I have lots of fun with this matchup.

Kinzer

Mammy
NNID
Kinzer
3DS FC
2251-6533-0581
Eh I was hoping for actual spam, and saving the R.O.B. talk for later, but whatever eats up internet memory works I suppose.

I hate R.O.B.'s Gayblade.

aeghrur

Smash Champion
I hate metaknight, he made me suck. >_>
Now my sonic is crappier than it was before, like, way crappier. PRACTICE IS NEEDED!

Chis

Finally a legend
NNID
ArcadianPirate
Of course!

l.)___________)
l
l
l
l
l

Kinzer

Mammy
NNID
Kinzer
3DS FC
2251-6533-0581
Awesome.

Also Ike rules, and I love that video Chis.

Anybody else have anything to say for another...4-5 posts?

Kinzer

Mammy
NNID
Kinzer
3DS FC
2251-6533-0581
More pointless Spam...wather you take that for real or not, is up to you, we now have about...3 posts to go.

Kinzer

Mammy
NNID
Kinzer
3DS FC
2251-6533-0581
Last post.

I thought Link was done.

And I suppose the verdict for Marth/Sonic was 65/35.

I prefer you not respond until Greens takes the next page.

Edit:

Fine, here's our next matchup discussion damnit, Hedgehogs have no chance against lions.

I love the Sonic boards, I'm not going to bother for now, my head feels like it's collapsing in on itself.

Chis

Finally a legend
NNID
ArcadianPirate
last Post.

I Thought Link Was Done.

And I Suppose The Verdict For Marth/sonic Was 65/35.

I Prefer You Not Respond Until Greens Takes The Next Page.

Edit:

Fine, Here's Our Next Matchup Discussion damnit, Hedgehogs Have No Chance Against Lions.

:071:

Kinzer

Mammy
NNID
Kinzer
3DS FC
2251-6533-0581
Oh hey I just found out something.

My mom claims that now it's Suppose to be sometime past 11 now, so we go back an hour.

Fantastic, now I get to spend an extra hour being awake because my @#$%ing dog is taking up my bed, I'm thinking of just shoving him off.

Kinzer

Mammy
NNID
Kinzer
3DS FC
2251-6533-0581
Oh I'm sure that anybody can believe that!

I get sarcastically angry when I'm deprived of sleep.

Kinzer

Mammy
NNID
Kinzer
3DS FC
2251-6533-0581
This is my last response for the night, I got my dog to get off my bed, and for all I care Greens can go quintiple post or something. I have enough sanity to tell you that this will be teh 12th post.

I knews you had to sleep Boxob!

Napilopez

Smash Lord
A totally accidental double post.

EDIT:

I fail at counting... LOL. I'd have to quadruple post to get to the next page, and even if this is the Sonic board, I feel bad doing that =P

Chis

Finally a legend
NNID
ArcadianPirate
Don't post after this unless you are Greenstreet!

The chances are that a BRoomer has subscribed to this thread and is monitoring the contribution to see potential BRoom hopefuls. Ahem, Tenki.

PKNintendo

Smash Master
Show me a video of Ness starting at 140, and then tell me what I said is a lie, lulz.

:093:
At 140%, I went from 1 end to another without DI. I didn't reach 220%.
I got to 174%, for a total of 34%.

That wasn't even WITH the SGB.

I don't have a camera available.

Anyway, before we move on, is gray (neutral 5-5 and 55-45?)

EDIT: :026:

Chis

Finally a legend
NNID
ArcadianPirate

Camalange

BRoomer
NNID
Camalange
3DS FC
1160-9836-5007
Switch FC
SW-4197-1438-9208
lol, I saw that before Chis.

The finger wag timing was way too perfect.

Top Bottom