• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Sonic's Approaches Discussion #2 - Spincharge (?) + SDR

Suna

Smash Journeyman
bwahaha

you're just at the beginning.

Next you have to figure out what happens when your opponent thinks you're going to spin cancel.
yea, I played a match and I spin canceled alot and when I didn't SC he just stood there and I comboed him....soon he died and I said your too slow......

MarKO X

Smash Champion
NNID
legendnumberM
3DS FC
2595-2072-2390
Switch FC
BUMP!!!

Because this thread is so going to help out my Sonic game as it progresses.

JayBee

Smash Champion
NNID
jamesbrownjrva
the way I play is wierd. one day i play one style of sonic, the next day, im different. i think its because of me trying to balance out my game. but at this point spin dashes are used springly as an approach, mostly as a mixup; thats the best way i can say I use it. i got over using it like im in a genesis game a long time ago, because it gets predictable. I love it as a midrange approach though, especially when you add teh cancels.

i should practice side B infzy frames more lol. i dont really do it purposely enough to say that's part of my game. i should practice the timing more...
bwahaha

you're just at the beginning.

Next you have to figure out what happens when your opponent thinks you're going to spin cancel.
indeed. that's the fun part.

ROOOOY!

Smash Master
NNID
Gengite
3DS FC
5456-0280-5804
I swear to God, I would have this updated if not for exam johns.
I'm looking at my book revising right now, it's quite depressing.

Last exam tomorrow, I'll update this tomorrow night.

MarKO X

Smash Champion
NNID
legendnumberM
3DS FC
2595-2072-2390
Switch FC
good luck w/ur exam ROOOOY!

ROOOOY!

Smash Master
NNID
Gengite
3DS FC
5456-0280-5804
It's really quite hard trying to do the write-ups for these approaches.

Whilst writing that one for Spindash Hop, as it's small, it's hard not to digress onto other subjects, comparing it to other things. Ehh, I'm not that happy with it, I'll have another look at it tomorrow.

Is Spincharge worth writing a paragraph or so on, explaining about charges and timers and such? I know that's mostly covered by Tenki's thread, so I'll leave it up to you guys.

If not, that just talk about SDR, which is basically Spindash and Spincharge covered in their simplistic forms, a really ******** approach =D

Edit : Is everybody ok with the format? The more elaborate points after the brief Adv's and Disadv's are related in chronological order (like, the first elaborate point is about the first advantage etc). I'm going to put pictures in soon.

Top Bottom