• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Sons of Greil- Ike Tournament Results

Nidtendofreak

Smash Hero
NNID
TheNiddo
3DS FC
3668-7651-8940
I was born in Kentville, NS if that means anything. >_> Only lived there 6 months.

I'm going to FS6 tomorrow. I'm going to get slaughtered again. ^_^

Nysyarc

Last King of Hollywood
NNID
Nysyarc
3DS FC
1075-0983-2504
Lol, well good luck anyways. I won't be going to any big-time tourneys until I get the hang of the local ones.

I've been to Kentville a few times, a friend of mine moved there once, but you obviously wouldn't remember much of it if you only lived there until you were 6 months old :p

Kuraudo

4Aerith
NNID
Kuraudo
I main Ike & Pokémon Trainer for Low Tier. There's a couple of Brawl Low Tiers that are coming up, and if I place well, I'd love to help you guys out a little.

Though main Singles results are probably better. LOL I can always try. Maybe even use Ike for a round or two in brackets of Genesis. We'll see.

Kirk

Smash Champion
Anyone remember this thread?

Well, me and Ryko went to a tournament yesterday. I placed 4th out of 42 using Ike/Bowser. I forget Ryko's exact place...it might have been 9th or so.

Results thread isn't up yet...but it should be somewhat soon.

Kimchi

Smash Ace
Fort Lee, NJ / Cornell University - Ithaca, NY

Well, me and Ryko went to a tournament yesterday. I placed 4th out of 42 using Ike/Bowser. I forget Ryko's exact place...it might have been 9th or so.

Good stuff XD. I hope I'm FINALLY going to Viridian next Saturday. It's gonna be 100+, featuring players like M2k, Shadow, ksizzle, and maybe Lain/Quivo/Shugo. Hopefully, I'll do well, but it's gonna be tough :laugh:.

metroid1117

Smash Master

Too good.

Good stuff XD. I hope I'm FINALLY going to Viridian next Saturday. It's gonna be 100+, featuring players like M2k, Shadow, ksizzle, and maybe Lain/Quivo/Shugo. Hopefully, I'll do well, but it's gonna be tough :laugh:.
That sounds huge o_0. Good luck man, I hope you do well.

Rykoshet

Smash Champion
Yeah I lost to quik in winner's second round (i've been casual too long, I flat out forgot I could grab release him until the third stock and still took it to last stock like 90...) then lost to him for 9th in loser's (I got romped this time). Kirk ended up facing quik for third and that's where the ike tirade ended.

Kirk

Smash Champion
More results...

Just got back from an Indiana tourney...representatives from IL, IN, OH, MI, etc. were there. Turned out to be a very stacked tourney, talent wise.

Anyway...won my first two sets against a unnecessarily campy Pikachu(He would camp the ledge, drop down> QA back, 10+ times in a row...when I was winning) and Smash64(Ridiculous Ness...he took a game off me that jerk). Then I lost to Overswarm in winner's...0-2, but both games were VERY close...like last stock high percents. I'll get him one of these days...

Loser's I made my way back up...taking out Renegade(****ing Ike dittos), Lou(G&W), and Arty(Fellow IL Falco). But then I royally F***ed up my set with Capem...awesome MK player. I should have won game 1, but I f'd up. Game 2 I just lost it lol.

So, I ended up 4th of...45-50 people. I'm still pleased with how I did...regardless of the last set I played. Getting back into the scene finally is looking somewhat promising.

Results: http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=247037

And yes, I went Ike/Random. Ike 75% of the time...other random characters for whatever I saw fit lol.

Anyone else have a jovial weekend?

metroid1117

Smash Master
More results...

Just got back from an Indiana tourney...representatives from IL, IN, OH, MI, etc. were there. Turned out to be a very stacked tourney, talent wise.

Anyway...won my first two sets against a unnecessarily campy Pikachu(He would camp the ledge, drop down> QA back, 10+ times in a row...when I was winning) and Smash64(Ridiculous Ness...he took a game off me that jerk). Then I lost to Overswarm in winner's...0-2, but both games were VERY close...like last stock high percents. I'll get him one of these days...

Loser's I made my way back up...taking out Renegade(****ing Ike dittos), Lou(G&W), and Arty(Fellow IL Falco). But then I royally F***ed up my set with Capem...awesome MK player. I should have won game 1, but I f'd up. Game 2 I just lost it lol.

So, I ended up 4th of...45-50 people. I'm still pleased with how I did...regardless of the last set I played. Getting back into the scene finally is looking somewhat promising.

Results: http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=247037

And yes, I went Ike/Random. Ike 75% of the time...other random characters for whatever I saw fit lol.

o_0

Seriously great job man. Did you record any videos?

Nysyarc

Last King of Hollywood
NNID
Nysyarc
3DS FC
1075-0983-2504
Lol, you could say that, although not as successful of a weekend. Congrats on fourth, now that I've been to a tournament I don't know how you do it :dizzy:

Anyways here were the results of the actual tourney for me, going 100% Ike:

1: Zhao
2: BillyBeeGood
3: Mal
4: Orb.
5: Lamb
5: Matt
7: Raz
7: JTF
9: Kid A
9: Adapt
9: Ryan
9: Kmag
13: Nyke
13: Wiles
13: Sven
13: Naugs

So yah, doesn't look so good for that number of people but that was technically out of ~40 people who showed up for pools (I still think I could have gotten at least 7th). I think we all agreed not to do pools anymore, it ended up taking waaay too long.

:034:

PeppyWil

Smash Ace
I'm gonna go out of my way and call bad luck johns for you, Nyke. You should have gotten AT LEAST 7th.

That makes me want to go up to NS and play some children in a few rounds. :)

zhao_guang

Smash Lord
NNID
zhaoguang1
I'm gonna go out of my way and call bad luck johns for you, Nyke. You should have gotten AT LEAST 7th.

That makes me want to go up to NS and play some children in a few rounds. :)
I don't think it's really fair to judge our region's skill level like that. There's a ton of more skilled people than other's think in Nova Scotia, and even more are training hard to improve.

That being said, I'm sure pressure might have just gotten to Nyke. Pools are a ton easier to play in, since you don't go into every match saying "If I lose, I'm taking the last step to the door." I went Ganon some matches in pools because I had already won the necessary amount to stay in, so I just ****ed around.

Seeding was pretty ridiculous though. I felt like a lot of people got messed in the bracket, including Nyke. He fought the guy who ended up getting 2nd, then played one of our vets. (Though I'm confident Nyke could've won it, but again, pressure kicks in. It's win or go home). In terms of how it was run and the such, it wasn't the best tournament. However, the social part was great as always.

tl;dr version: Don't doubt our region, we have a lot of better players than you think. But we do have a ton of random scrubs <_<

Nyke, keep up the good work and people will start to get scared. You turned some heads in pools, just keep the solid work in brackets and you'll start being the threat in singles. Beware of Billybeegood though, his ICs are an ever-increasing threat.

metroid1117

Smash Master

Hoser

Smash Ace
I love how this topic is on the first page :D
Well, looks like I've got a bunch of updating do to.

I'm finally back (for the time being). I started college and moved back into my madre's house, so I got crystal clear interwebz again. I'll probably update this later tonight or tomorrow, depends on when I get sick of Maplestory.

Good job everyone.

Top Bottom