• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Sooo...."I was wrong about Dark Pit"?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tsutori

Smash Apprentice
3DS FC
2320-6305-8112
Since yesterday's events and today's official pic of the day, I think we can safely assume that we're getting ourselves a Dark Pit. This certainly has a slight chance of being false, buuut I'm going to say with confidence that I'm one of the folks who was wrong about his inclusion as a separate character.

(Let me know if I shouldn't be posting a topic like this; I know they wanted to keep discussion of the leak to certain areas, so I'm not sure if something like this is OK.)

DoobieStories

Smash Cadet
Ya all depends on the moveset if hes a clone ill hate him. not because i hate clones im fine with clones,actually would prefer similar play styles between certain charactars, just not clones to that extent where a color scheme would and could have done it just as well

Sharkz

Smash Ace
NNID
Sharkz1
Ya all depends on the moveset if hes a clone ill hate him. not because i hate clones im fine with clones,actually would prefer similar play styles between certain charactars, just not clones to that extent where a color scheme would and could have done it just as well
So you'd rather him just be an alt color and have one less character on the roster?

Tekolie

Smash Rookie
NNID
Tekolie
He'll likely be a clone with an alternate voice. I would expect a different final smash for him at the very least, and maybe a few different moves.

Last edited:

Tsutori

Smash Apprentice
3DS FC
2320-6305-8112
I could have sworn I made a post earlier. Guess it didn't happen.

It seems like they gave him the Dark Pit staff, which has the potential to give him very different gameplay. He might be more projectile based and weaker in melee attacks, which would make sense because Pit's projectile got nerfed. I'm hoping to see some of the other weapons he uses in Uprising in his moveset. The Ogre Club would be very interesting.

Also really hoping that his Final Smash will be the Lightning Chariot, because who doesn't want to run people over with unicorns?

Last edited:

Reila

the true enemy of humanity is anime
You should have waited for Dark Pit's sub-forum to be created before posting this thread. By the way, no, I wasn't wrong, ever since he appeared in Palutena's trailer I suggested he would be playable, but people kept telling me he would be a boss (riiight...) or a stage hazard.

KaZe_DaRKWIND

Smash Ace
3DS FC
5043-2124-2144
If he's a clone I'm just gonna consider him an alt costume.

Last edited:

Tekolie

Smash Rookie
NNID
Tekolie
You should have waited for Dark Pit's sub-forum to be created before posting this thread. By the way, no, I wasn't wrong, ever since he appeared in Palutena's trailer I suggested he would be playable, but people kept telling me he would be a boss (riiight...) or a stage hazard.
You can never be too sure with Sakurai's trolling.

Last edited:

_Darkpit_

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
5026-4651-4206
They will give him his own moveset... I mean: every trailer about new characters showed the completly moveset about the character. Even clones were shown except Darkpit. ( For example Lucina / Marth or Robin / Daraen )

The other thing is the Palutenatrailer und Shulk's trailer are the only ones with '' secret endings ''. That means there are some surprises for us.

SmashWolf

Smash Journeyman
NNID
EchoSon
3DS FC
3738-0429-7658
The other thing is the Palutenatrailer und Shulk's trailer are the only ones with '' secret endings ''. That means there are some surprises for us.
Oh, the raaaage Sakurai will get from some people if the humongous Metal-face is in over Ridley. XD

Yetiplays

Smash Cadet
I for one kinda prefer him as his own character, because contrary to popular belief, Him being on the Roster Doesn't cut out Hades, or Magnus or Medusa. Nintendo didn't view them as All-Stars(Or don't yet), and dark pit was decided to be more than an alt this time. And with the update today, that means instead of Pit Having 8 costumes he basically has 16, with 8 of them fighting maybe a bit differently. He'll have a few differences, but not to many.
Speaking of Alt costumes... What could Dark Pit's even be... All he wears is black. Maybe Pit has Dark Pit Cosplay, and Dark Pit has a Pit Cosplay.

DakotaBonez

The Depraved Optimist
Anyone remember that japanese poll from Waaaaaay back?
I got good laugh out of it...we all did...
Soooo, I guess Sakurai does listen to his fans suggestions...if they boost his ego

XD I can't believe that Palutena AND Dark Pit got in!
inb4HatsuneMiku

Last edited:

_Darkpit_

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
5026-4651-4206
What was rated?? o.o I know nothing about this japanese poll.

Last edited:

Luminario

Smash Lord
Soooo, I guess Sakurai does listen to his fans suggestions...if they boost his ego

inb4HatsuneMiku
Petition to get Hatsune Miku as DLC! I would ascend to a higher plane of existence out of happiness if she could be playable.
Dark Pit got votes than Palutena? Chrom in 7th? Luigi in 5th? Waluigi is... there? This is surreal. Who's the red haired girl in 18th?

Ganreizu

Smash Ace

It seems like they gave him the Dark Pit staff, which has the potential to give him very different gameplay. He might be more projectile based and weaker in melee attacks, which would make sense because Pit's projectile got nerfed. I'm hoping to see some of the other weapons he uses in Uprising in his moveset. The Ogre Club would be very interesting.
Your logic makes no sense to me.

How can you recognize that dark pit has a staff while pit has bow swords and say he has "potential" for different gameplay? They're two different weapons. No **** the gameplay is going to be different.

Why would pit's projectile being nerfed have ANYTHING to do with what kind of game dark pit's moveset revolves around? By that logic, because fox's dair pops characters up during it's final hit that means falco is going to have a more defensive gameplay.

Luminario

Smash Lord
Your logic makes no sense to me.

How can you recognize that dark pit has a staff while pit has bow swords and say he has "potential" for different gameplay? They're two different weapons. No **** the gameplay is going to be different.

Why would pit's projectile being nerfed have ANYTHING to do with what kind of game dark pit's moveset revolves around? By that logic, because fox's dair pops characters up during it's final hit that means falco is going to have a more defensive gameplay.
You seem tense. Are you alright? Would you like a cup of tea to calm your nerves?
He was making a simple observation covering all angles. You never know Dark Pit could have the Silver Bow in there somewhere (hopefully not)
And it would make sense like how Marth was apparently nerfed in the air along with Lucina seeming like she's got less landing lag and how she seems more like an air fighter than land fighter.

Ganreizu

Smash Ace
You seem tense. Are you alright? Would you like a cup of tea to calm your nerves?
Reading comprehension doesn't include a feelings meter dude.

You don't really have any basis for the other stuff you said, but the lucina/marth stuff sounds like an interesting contrast. Don't think i would mind that.

Tekolie

Smash Rookie
NNID
Tekolie
Petition to get Hatsune Miku as DLC! I would ascend to a higher plane of existence out of happiness if she could be playable.
Dark Pit got votes than Palutena? Chrom in 7th? Luigi in 5th? Waluigi is... there? This is surreal. Who's the red haired girl in 18th?
The 18th spot is Kirino Ranmaru, and she is a he.

Last edited:

Tsutori

Smash Apprentice
3DS FC
2320-6305-8112
What was rated?? o.o I know nothing about this japanese poll.
Character popularity poll from a while back. Not sure what exactly the criteria was, though. It came out soon after Uprising's release, so that might explain the good bit of bias towards Uprising characters.

It's mere guesswork based on the same concept Luminario mentioned about Marth and Lucina. Marth's air game seems to have gotten nerfed -> Lucina is announced as a clone of Marth -> Lucina seemingly has a better air game from looking at footage -> it's probably safe to say that the clones will be stronger where their counterparts are weaker. Also, if you have any knowledge of Kid Icarus Uprising, most staffs like the Dark Pit staff excel in ranged attacks, but have weaker melee.

I doubt Dark Pit will have the Silver Bow. Seems redundant when he has the staff.

Also, I think I should clarify that I'm a she, not a he xD @ Luminario Luminario

_Darkpit_

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
5026-4651-4206
Character popularity poll from a while back. Not sure what exactly the criteria was, though. It came out soon after Uprising's release, so that might explain the good bit of bias towards Uprising characters.

It's mere guesswork based on the same concept Luminario mentioned about Marth and Lucina. Marth's air game seems to have gotten nerfed -> Lucina is announced as a clone of Marth -> Lucina seemingly has a better air game from looking at footage -> it's probably safe to say that the clones will be stronger where their counterparts are weaker. Also, if you have any knowledge of Kid Icarus Uprising, most staffs like the Dark Pit staff excel in ranged attacks, but have weaker melee.

I doubt Dark Pit will have the Silver Bow. Seems redundant when he has the staff.

Also, I think I should clarify that I'm a she, not a he xD @ Luminario Luminario

Ah thank you. After all in Japan is Pit very popular <3 He should be it all over the world <3

Wintropy

Peace and love and all that jazzmatazz~! <3
NNID
Winterwhite
3DS FC
1461-6253-6301

inb4HatsuneMiku
Well, this is interesting!

Gaius is more popular than Fox, Waluigi is actually a strong contender for fan favourite, Skyward Sword Zelda trumps Twilight Princess Zelda, and our angelic emissary is the top pick!

To be fair, I think it's safe to say that all of the choices above Dark Pit were already scrapped or, in hindsight, are characters that we know aren't in the game. Good for him, though! I suppose he's pretty popular. Maybe he just gets in by default? >w<;;

Would love to have seen Viridi, though.

And maybe Chrom, too.

Interesting find all the same, friend mine!

Last edited:

Luminario

Smash Lord
Reading comprehension doesn't include a feelings meter dude.

You don't really have any basis for the other stuff you said, but the lucina/marth stuff sounds like an interesting contrast. Don't think i would mind that.
You just seemed unusually annoyed with what she said.

So far we've only seen a bit of his image so do we really have any idea how he will play? Unless I've missed a bit of a leak somewhere he's still quite a mystery. Like I get where you're coming from with the gameplay differences but we still don't entirely know yet. HOPEFULLY he'll get a much more varied moveset that'll set him and Pit miles apart.

Last edited:

ObsidianFH

Smash Rookie
Ahaha, yeah I was wrong! As much as I like Dark Pit, I didn't think he had a snowball's chance in hell of getting in as a playable character.

Last edited:

Onett kid

Smash Apprentice

Also really hoping that his Final Smash will be the Lightning Chariot, because who doesn't want to run people over with unicorns?
This.... right here. It would not only make him kinda different, but also make people hate him less for being apparent clone.

_Darkpit_

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
5026-4651-4206
This.... right here. It would not only make him kinda different, but also make people hate him less for being apparent clone.

But Kid Icarus is a versatile game. Why shouldn't he get the Upperdasharm if he could get the Dark Pit Staff for example? ^^ Its a waste if he couldn't get his own moveset. Instead the same weapons like Pit he could get other weapons. ^^

Onett kid

Smash Apprentice
But Kid Icarus is a versatile game. Why shouldn't he get the Upperdasharm if he could get the Dark Pit Staff for example? ^^ Its a waste if he couldn't get his own moveset. Instead the same weapons like Pit he could get other weapons. ^^
I know he shouldn't be a clone. There's too many weapons in KIU for him to have the same moveset as pit. I wasn't saying that he was a clone, but saying that him having different weapon from pit

Will not make him one. (Sorry, accidentally sent message too early)

Last edited by a moderator:

dezeray112

Smash Hero
Well, I never expected Dark Pit to be playable as I thought he would be one of Pit's alt colors.

So, maybe I was wrong on that part, but nonetheless I'm still satisfied he made it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom