• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

soooo... when did MK get good?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hoboparty

Smash Apprentice
I stopped going on smash boards and when I come back MK is suddenly top tier. What do you use to KO? How do you reach people with your tiny arms?

I liked MK from the beginning but always thought he just had multihit moves that tickle you like kirby's dair or fox's neutral combo...

I know there's a sweet spot on his up B and utilt and d smash seem to be decent...

also, I can't seem to get the IDC to work. I hold down, press B, then start pressing up c as fast as I can and can't get it :(

napZzz

Smash Hero
He got good when the game came out and people spent at least 15 mins with him.

napZzz

Smash Hero
how to win with meta knighit

-your nado
-your nado
-more nado
-dsmash spam
-shuttle loop spam
-and glide attack spam

momochuu

Smash Legend
NNID
Momochuu
3DS FC
2380-3247-9039

-your nado
-your nado
-more nado
-dsmash spam
-shuttle loop spam
-and glide attack spam
That's a really gay way to win with Metaknight. =/

Affinity

Smash Hero
NNID
Affinity2412

-your nado
-your nado
-more nado
-dsmash spam
-shuttle loop spam
-and glide attack spam
Your Snake needs work if it loses to MK's that do this.

Anywai I got IDC working but are you able to change the direction it's going in while you're invisible? And Is the sweetspot on shuttle loop just at the beginning?
Most questions about the IDC can be answered here: http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=182532

ShikaChef

Smash Cadet
That's a really gay way to win with Metaknight. =/
Agreed. The skilled Meta Knight uses tilts and specials to get the opponent high in damage. Then he/she uses down smash, side smash, (When opponent is vulnerable) Shuttle loop, or glide attack. If you got the first kill, then you use mainly your Mach Tornade, Drill Rush, and great combo ability to get the opponent at least semi- high in damage before they can kill you once. Then one or two smashes (Hopefully) and maybe a little edgeguarding action can finish them. And suddenly, you're up an entire stock. Trust me, it works.

napZzz

Smash Hero
I never said I lose to metas idiot ._.

I'm just pointing out the typical tourney style meta knights play style.

Affinity

Smash Hero
NNID
Affinity2412
I never said I lose to metas idiot ._.
No need to insult; I'm only clarifying to you what you don't understand about Meta Knight.

I'm just pointing out the typical tourney style meta knights play style.
And I'M pointing out that good Meta Knight's don't play that way. I don't know what MK's you're watching at tourneys. :ohwell:

Spamming anything you mentioned with MK is bad. Good Meta Knight's use lots of tilts, use specials when necessary, and save KO moves until their opponents are at higher percentages.

I figured most people would know this by now.

acv

Smash Journeyman
When the game was made.
actually when the game was made people called the game cheap,it was ike's fsmash and wolf's lazer that couldnt be beat

then people forgot about them,snake and meta knight god tier were made,now people whine and complain,its all the tornado,ftilts and grenades.

Youko

Podcasting Pro
NNID
SMYNYouko
3DS FC
1418-6781-7411
You can read all the different guides on these boards to learn how MK is quite good in this game. Otherwise, this is just going to turn into a thread for people to complain about such.

:026:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom