• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Soul Calibur IV

derek.haines

Smash Ace
/FACEPALM

Wow, who the hell is writing this? I feel like I'm reading claptrap certain uber self-righteous religious folks would right (Which is probably exactly what this is)

"enslavement" urges...enslavement... what?

People scare me, they really do. However, he was giving his opinion, however, this is the kind of thing that would greatly influence certain people, even people that would like the game if they gave it a shot...

This review fails, and so do the people who made that site.. they should all burn in somewhere other than the hell they created.
Opinion is fine and all, but what bothers me about it is that they're passing it off as a legitimate review. Ultimately, they're only taking into consideration the "family friendly factor", judging it based on that, and forming the rest of their opinions to reflect it. The score is not reflective of the overall quality of the game in the least, but instead just of the "family friendliness".

cheap_josh

Smash Ace
Opinion is fine and all, but what bothers me about it is that they're passing it off as a legitimate review.
Yah on the reviews page it says:
Sam Blam goes toe to toe with the ultra violent Soul Calibur IV series. Remember to keep him in your prayers since he had to be exposed to so much violent, occultic, and sexual content. How bad does Soul Calibur IV fail? Read the intelligent review to find out.

Katy Parry

The Only Zelda in Indiana
NNID
justysuxx
I tried to make an alternate costume to make him human, but I have no idea what he'd look like. It says he's from Sparta....so....

I also made Frederick. It's an exact copy of the one story mode.

And that crap is so stupid. Demonic blah, blah.

And sexual themes? Ya I understand, but seriously. You see it's rated T for "Partial Nudity", sheesh.

I love the costumes, there amazing, and I like how slutty they are. I like how their breasts basically fall out.

AND I'm gay! SHEESH! lol

Banjodorf

Dynamic Duo
NNID
bluefalcon27
3DS FC
2105-8715-5493
So, more on topic, I love this game, well worth the money I spent for it.

Also, I'm falling in love with The Apprentice, great character, alot of fun to use. I think I'm actually pretty good now :cool:

Hopefully once I'm back to where I can actually use online, I'll see just how well (or terrible) I'm doing.

Katy Parry

NNID
justysuxx
I actually tried to make a gundam...it kinda looks like one when you zoom all the way out. XD
Ya, I wanna see that.

Also, GREAT matches. Even though there was quite a bit of lag, it went pretty well.

My fave was our Taki ditto match. I lost but it was fun because it went smoothly. :)

cheap_josh

Smash Ace
I'd say I'm doing pretty good online. Lately I've been going like 8-2. I know it doesn't = skill but it's fun beating people anyway... like really fun. Especially because I suck at brawl.

Btw Ethan are you going to update your op?

Dastrn

BRoomer
BRoomer
So, PS3 owners, how are you're good games?

OH WAIT. YOU'VE ONLY GOT THREE.

MGS4, Uncharted, and Resistance!

What does 360 have?

Gears of War, Call of Duty 4, Battle for Middle Earth 2, Mass Effect, the new Final Fantasy, Elder Scrolls 4: Oblivion, and a few others.

Sorry, I just have this...

Don't ask.
How's HD-DVD's working out for your side?

Oh and you forgot we have Ratchet and Clank too. That game is freaking amazing. Not to mention R6v2, UT3, GTA4...lots of great games on PS3. It's not all about exclusives.

Name: Dastrn
Main: Mitsurugi
Version: PS3
Code/Address: Dastrn
Voice: Yes

Oi Kyon

Smash Journeyman
Ya, I wanna see that.

Also, GREAT matches. Even though there was quite a bit of lag, it went pretty well.

My fave was our Taki ditto match. I lost but it was fun because it went smoothly. :)
Yea, the last one was the least of the laggiest. XP But it's gonna take a while before I can actually get 10 wins online. =.=;;

And the gundam...its pretty bad quality, but I'll try to take a picture using a real camera instead of my cell's.
http://i25.photobucket.com/albums/c84/Limjoko/0806081224a.jpg

cheap_josh

Smash Ace
Help me out with something here.
I'm playing through the tower and I notice the character I'm using has an hp boost skill (makes your health go up a little). I didn't take much note to it until I noticed at one point my health went up a little during a match. Like, I knew that's what it did but I never paid much attention to it or how I did it. Anyway, how do you activate that hp boost? Is it a button combo or what?

Katy Parry

NNID
justysuxx
How's HD-DVD's working out for your side?

Oh and you forgot we have Ratchet and Clank too. That game is freaking amazing. Not to mention R6v2, UT3, GTA4...lots of great games on PS3. It's not all about exclusives.

Name: Dastrn
Main: ?who knows, I'm new to the series
Version: PS3
Code/Address: Dastrn
Voice: Yes
Welcome, Dastrn! I'll add you now!

Dastrn

BRoomer
BRoomer
Thanks!

I'm using Mitsurugi right now. I'm not good, though. This is my first time trying to get good at a fighter other than Smash.

I mostly just use 4KB to approach and then either throw a lot, or 2KB to trip.

I've been reading a lot on caliberforums, but they suck. We should start a new soulcaliber forums and make it good like smashboards.

edit: oh and I just beat floor 11. This game is HARD.

cheap_josh

Smash Ace
I hate the tower, I've noticed it's somewhat luck.
Sometimes the computer players are really easy and then next time they're hard as *.
It's like you have to ask permission to win, most of the time they say no.

On another note, I finally beat stage 32. This was literally my 50-somethingth try.

On another another note, I'm switching mains to amy style and nightmare style.

Neon Ness

Designated Procrastinator
Will there be a Soul Caliber IV for the Wii?
I doubts it. We already gots Soul Calibur Legends.

Does anyone here use Amy? I think she's pretty good, better than Raphael, even. I felt sort of sexist not using female characters in any games I play, so I started using her and I'm just wondering if anyone else uses her.

A-so... Cervantes is broken.:chuckle:

Grunt

Smash Master
I watched my friend play online last night.
He was a 9/10ths naked, female, Kilik clone and ***** people over twice his level.
twas funny.

cheap_josh

Smash Ace
Raphael plays horrible, he's like the worst character in the game next to Hilde. On the other hand Amy is good imo. I use her clones, not her though.

Katy Parry

NNID
justysuxx
I doubts it. We already gots Soul Calibur Legends.

Does anyone here use Amy? I think she's pretty good, better than Raphael, even. I felt sort of sexist not using female characters in any games I play, so I started using her and I'm just wondering if anyone else uses her.

A-so... Cervantes is broken.:chuckle:
Yes, Amy is my main. She's wonderful!

Also, I was screwing around with Ivy, and I made a 16 hit combo!

It's hard to pull off, so read carefully:

(Sword State) ←←B, →B(Recoverable Stun), ←←A[A+K](Input while "←←A" is being preformed, switches you to Coiled state), →AK(recoverable stun), ↓/←B, ←B+K, ←B, B+K(switches you to sword state), ↓B+K

I pulled this off on my cousin. He said, "Holy ****, stop hitting me!"

Lolz! :)

I call it "Posion Ivy".

smashbot226

Smash Master
Yes, Amy is my main. She's wonderful!

Also, I was screwing around with Ivy, and I made a 16 hit combo!

It's hard to pull off, so read carefully:

(Sword State) ←←B, →B(Recoverable Stun), ←←A[A+K](Input while "←←A" is being preformed, switches you to Coiled state), →AK(recoverable stun), ↓/←B, ←B+K, ←B, B+K(switches you to sword state), ↓B+K

I pulled this off on my cousin. He said, "Holy ****, stop hitting me!"

Lolz! :)

I call it "Posion Ivy".

I think someone already took that name for Ivy in SC2.

18 hits, ending with Summon Suffering.

UBER. SO F*CKING UBER.

Killed off 3/4ths of his damage meter, so yeah.

The input for Ivy's command grabs have changed, so its a lot harder to pull them off.

And Cervantes is broken, with a capital "B."

Except range, range decreased from SC2.

I hope they add more characters through Xbox Live/PS3 Online.

xX Boezy Xx

Smash Journeyman
I'm switching mains to amy style and nightmare style.
Wise choice, my friend...

As for new characters, a lot of people have been speculating that Yoda/Vader will be DLC for their respective consoles because of that empty space on the character select screen. IMO, this probably won't happen soon (or, maybe not at all, but one can hope...)

cheap_josh

Smash Ace
I think the dlc probably will happen eventually. Why would they just leave an empty square in a such odd position? I can understand if it was at the corner or something but it's in the middle.

Did anyone get the special 80 dollar edition of the game? Was it worth it?
Those shirts look pretty cool.

xX Boezy Xx

Smash Journeyman
I'm pretty sure people just got lazy.
Or the guy who made the first comment about it wasn't serious about arranging it.

How would we arrange it?
The fact that XBL is player friendly (unlike Brawl Wi-Fi) would make things a bit easier. Something to do with private player matches and many messages to the TO...

Symphony X

Smash Lord
Does everybody have a computer near their Xbox and AIM?
'Cause then we could just have a large chatroom.

If not, then we'll need to make a private room for people.
But that might not work is not everybody has voice chat.

OK.
First thing first.

What time and day should we have this?

xX Boezy Xx

Smash Journeyman
Does everybody have a computer near their Xbox and AIM?
'Cause then we could just have a large chatroom.

If not, then we'll need to make a private room for people.
But that might not work is not everybody has voice chat.

OK.
First thing first.

What time and day should we have this?
Definently sometime in the next two days. It would be easier to organize one on a weekend IMO. And I finally fixed my mic. It's crude, but it works, so I can voice chat and AIM (my computer is near my Xbox).

smash superstar

Smash Ace
sorry bout the tourny thing....right now my disc is busted....

i have a list of ppl who want to play and what not so if i get my disc working ill be happy to have one

Symphony X

Smash Lord
I'm loving Nightmare -so- much.
So much so that he pulled me away from Talim.
And I've mained her since Soul Calibur II.

Also, I edited my first post that had my information on it.
But to make it easier.

Main: Ichi -Nightmare Style-
Gamertag: FellCape
Voice: Y

Dastrn

BRoomer
BRoomer
I'm playing Mitsu, Cass, and Amy right now. All seem really fun.

It's hard to learn a new kind of game like this (new for me, since i've never played a 3d fighter before.) I can't help but think in smash terms. It's all about approach, spacing, and mindgames.

Top Bottom