• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

SouthWest Board!! FC10 carpooling

TGM

Smash Lord
FC10 is going to happen the 2nd week of july as most of you already know. It is the only thing confirmed at this point. Housing and venue is not confirmed as of yet.

Check this site for updates in the very near future: http://meleefc.com/

This is the current FC10 thread: http://smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=95892

If you plan ahead, things will go more smoothly, that is why this thread is created. Carpooling and other info concerning southwest FC-ing people needs to go here. The reason is because the FC thread(at beginning of thispost) will get huge in a matter of days so i thought it would help out if only the southwest posted here. For housing and such, i recommend you go to the big thread and ask for it a little later down the road

People who WILL produce a car/truck/van/tank to drive to FC10:

People who ARE going and need a ride to FC10:

1.TGM
2.Hylian
3.Sethlon
4.Gabe
5.JesusFreak

PS: If you KNOW you are going but need a ride, post. If you KNOW you can go and produce a ride, post.

SideEffect001

Smash Lord
Allan I would like to carpool so put me on the list on "people who need a ride" because I may or may not be capable of making it to Indiana in July!

Hylian

Not even death can save you from me
Administrator
BRoomer
Switch FC
2687-7494-5103
Put me down for people who need a ride. I have money and can help with Gas money >_>. And I will probably definitly be able to go to this.

TGM

Smash Lord
if you KNOW you are going........ill add you to the list. i dont wanta list FULL of people who MIGHT go.

if you KNOW u are going but need a ride, then ill add you. if you KNOW you are going and can produce a ride, ill add you.

G@BE

Smash Lord
Aaron is not a possible canadate for a ride to Idiana his car would die out on us before we got to OK.

Chris would probably be the best bet for this.

JesusFreak

Smash Hero
I'm definitely going, just not sure how I'm getting there yet. I'll either be flying or carpooling with someone from Austin most likely.

G@BE

Smash Lord
I kinda think ill be able to fly but i would really like to go in a car with everyone else. That sounds like it would be more fun.

Velox

Smash Ace
Allan, I've got your same thoughts on this, I'd be willing to stab a fool to go to this.

So yeah, count me in. I should have the money to go at that point in my life.

Velox

Smash Ace
Yeah, it's Chris. Possibly I could give a ride. I wouldn't want to take my truck at 16 miles per gallon, but if I could get my hands on our Jetta with 30+ miles per gallon, then possibly I could.

Velox

Smash Ace
Ask parents, they would prbably be willing to let me use it. I'll know tonight probably.

Otherwise I would have to ride with someone, if there's room. And of course I would pay my way.

Hylian

Administrator
BRoomer
Switch FC
2687-7494-5103
If someone is driving from Houston they shoulds top By austin on the way up and Pick up JesusFreak and I >_>..I'm pretty sure its on the way to indiana lol.

Dr Drew the Dragon

BRoomer
BRoomer
You realize that it's 20+ hours each way right?

Flying is so much better lol.

Just buy tickets now they're probably not too bad at the moment.

DoH

meleeitonme.tumblr.com
It's so much better. Unless they think you're a terrorist and search your bags :( and you miss teaming with eddie =\

Hylian

Administrator
BRoomer
Switch FC
2687-7494-5103
I've driven to Florida before and it wasn't that bad >_>...it was only 18 hours but still..long time. And roadtrips can be fun:)! Especially if the person has a TV and cube in the car >_> lol..

DoH

meleeitonme.tumblr.com
Tickets from DFW to Midway are $79 each way at the moment

Last year I waited and got them down to $45

Scav

Tires don Exits
BRoomer
You know, if the $180 was round trip, that would make sense compared to $80 each way :p

Dr Drew the Dragon

BRoomer
BRoomer
Yeah I missed the each way part...

Who cares about each way I want to know how much it'll cost me overall >_>.

Scav

Tires don Exits
BRoomer
What, you don't want to stay in South Bend, Indiana for the rest of your life?

Freak.

Scav

Tires don Exits
BRoomer
I'm pretty sure I can't go. 1 day for Lubbock, 1 day for Akon, 1 day for [unannounced project], and 3 days for various other one-day silliness, I'll have used up most of my vacation days by the end of summer.

Velox

Smash Ace
Ok, I did some quick calculations for anyone that's interested.

To get from Magnolia to the venue, it's approximately 1158 miles according to MapQuest. That's approximately 38 gallons of gas at 30 miles per gallon. If gas prices are $2.22 a gallon during the summer (yeah, I'm optimistic...), then that will cost $85. I'll put it at $100 to be more realistic.

After a short search, it seems that you could expect flights from Houston to Chicago and back to be about $200.

I wouldn't make it through the metal detector anyway...

It would appear that the car is still the economical way to travel. If 4 people travel in a car, it's very realistic to expect the cost of everything related to the weekend of FC to be under $100. Just in case people are clueless as to what they can expect to pay.

Wait, it'd be more than that, that is 4 whole days of food needed to buy... hmmm... I dunno. And what would you do for housing on ride up and back? Could you make 1158 miles in one day?

***Edit*** Nevermind, I just realize that I only accounted for gas one way. Going there and back would be 2200 miles round trip. Thus doubling the gas price from $85-100 to $170-200. Still cheaper than flying.

JesusFreak

Smash Hero
LOL where did that come from?! Black people are awesome <_<

and I appreciate it but, you're already north of me and um, you'd be going even more north, so idk how that'd work. :p

Sethlon

Smash Champion
BRoomer
Wait, it'd be more than that, that is 4 whole days of food needed to buy... hmmm... I dunno. And what would you do for housing on ride up and back? Could you make 1158 miles in one day?
The way they did things last year (and i believe the year before that) was that it was a flat 75$ , and with that you get entry into all tournies (1v1,2v2, crews and regional crews), housing for the first two nights (they hold the tourney in a church, and theres lots of side rooms that can be sleeping bag-ified), a small breakfast food and then pizza/subs for dinner. So food and housing won't be a problem.

Me/Xelic/FLT/ECM made it up there in one day....granted that we left at like 11:30 in the morning, and got there at like 6 in the morning the next day. We were the first ones there :}

Lol at you not making it through the metal detector :chuckle: :lick:

Hylian

Administrator
BRoomer
Switch FC
2687-7494-5103
Ahh Wow I really want to go to this and going by Car does sound like the cheapest way. And Sethlon you guys left Friday at 11:30 AM. Wow.

RastaImposta

Smash Lord
LOL where did that come from?! Black people are awesome <_<

and I appreciate it but, you're already north of me and um, you'd be going even more north, so idk how that'd work. :p
It was a joke, but seriously, if I had a car and you lived near me, Id take you up there for real.

Sethlon

Smash Champion
BRoomer
...actually, i think we didn't end up leaving till about 12:30-1, cause FLT had stuff he had to do at the college. But yeah, lots of time was spent in the car. Plus i had to take a bus to get to austin.

Velox

Smash Ace
lol @ my calculations on the last page. That's $85-100 one way. So make that $170-200 both ways.

Which only ups average cost per person to $125-ish depending on how much you eat. $50 for gas from each person if 4 are in a car.

Sethlon said:
Lol at you not making it through the metal detector
Lol, I think I have a doctors note somewhere though, I would have to find it XD

TGM

Smash Lord
DoH are you going?

and for the rest of HOUSTON, here is the directions to Indiana:

Start out going SOUTHWEST on MILAM ST toward PRESTON ST. <0.1 miles Map

2: Turn LEFT onto PRESTON ST. 0.1 miles Map

3: Turn LEFT onto MAIN ST. 0.4 miles Map

4: Turn RIGHT onto ROTHWELL ST. 0.2 miles Map

5: Merge onto I-10 E / US-90 E via the ramp on the LEFT. 0.6 miles Map

6: Merge onto US-59 N via EXIT 770C on the LEFT toward CLEVELAND. 116.3 miles Map

7: Turn SLIGHT RIGHT onto S MEDFORD DR. 0.2 miles Map

8: Merge onto US-59 N. 20.9 miles Map

9: Merge onto US-59 N. 40.5 miles Map

10: Take the US-96 S ramp toward CENTER. 0.1 miles Map

11: Turn LEFT onto US-59 / US-96 / ML ANDERSON DR. Continue to follow US-59 N. 14.5 miles Map

12: Merge onto US-59 N / LASALLE PKWY / SE LOOP. 4.2 miles Map

13: Take the US-59 / US-59-BR ramp. 0.2 miles Map

14: Turn RIGHT onto US-59 N. 71.2 miles Map

15: Turn SLIGHT LEFT to stay on US-59 N. 21.0 miles Map

16: Take the US-59 N ramp toward I-30. 0.7 miles Map

17: Merge onto TX-151 LOOP W. 0.1 miles Map

18: TX-151 LOOP W becomes US-59 N. 3.3 miles Map

19: Merge onto I-30 E toward LITTLE ROCK / ASHDOWN (Crossing into ARKANSAS). 141.1 miles Map

20: Merge onto I-440 E via EXIT 138A toward L.R. NATL. AIRPORT / L.R. RIVER PORT / MEMPHIS. 10.0 miles Map

21: Merge onto I-40 E via EXIT 11 toward MEMPHIS. 117.9 miles Map

22: Merge onto I-55 N via EXIT 277 toward BLYTHEVILLE / ST LOUIS (Crossing into MISSOURI). 131.5 miles Map

23: Merge onto I-57 N via EXIT 66A toward CHICAGO (Crossing into ILLINOIS). 185.8 miles Map

24: Take I-70 E toward INDIANAPOLIS (Crossing into INDIANA). 139.3 miles Map

25: Take the MARKET ST. exit- EXIT 111. 0.2 miles Map

26: Take the MARKET ST. EAST ramp. <0.1 miles Map

27: Turn SLIGHT RIGHT onto E MARKET ST. 0.2 miles Map

28: Turn LEFT onto N HIGHLAND AVE. 0.1 miles Map

29: Turn RIGHT onto MARLOWE AVE. <0.1 miles Map

30: Turn LEFT onto N HIGHLAND AVE. 0.7 miles Map

31: N HIGHLAND AVE becomes E BROOKSIDE AVE. 0.3 miles Map

32: Turn LEFT onto NEWMAN ST. <0.1 miles Map

33: Turn LEFT onto E MASSACHUSETTS AVE. 0.3 miles Map

34: End at IN US Map

Total Est. Time: 16 hours, 11 minutes Total Est. Distance: 1023.60 miles

yea im going to take a plane. anyone wanna help me out with finding tickets and prices?

Top Bottom