• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Southwest Florida SSBB Tourney!

PlayNTrade Naples

Smash Rookie
Anyone in the Naples/Estero/Ft. Myers/Bonita Springs/Cape Coral area...

Come and show us what you've got at our upcoming Super Smash Bros.: Brawl Tournament!
It's on Saturday, Nov. 1 at 8 PM.
Hey, if you win, you could walk out with some serious prizes!

We'll be playing 1v1, 4-stock, no items, with no scrolling levels.

Come by Play N Trade in Naples, FL. or give us a call at (239)-592-PLAY if you have any questions or inquiries.

-!-

Smash Lord
yea ill Def, be there... I've been waiting for them to make another tournament >.< sadly it wont be teams just like they told us last time!

-!-

Smash Lord
Is there an entry fee?
I Belive itll be $15 before the day and on the day i guess theyll add $5 more to it making it $20... before it was $10 before the day then $15 on the day so this time around the prizes should be bigger O.O

shiekssbm

Smash Ace
No you only register once. It is $15 any day before the tournament, if you decide to register the day of the tournament it will be $20.

ihatemybrother

Smash Journeyman
Bump the rest of the Naples tourney thread plz?

And I'm 50/50 on this, I might have a baseball tournament that weekend.
Not sure tho.

chino0814

Smash Cadet
it didnt say anything about paying in. but da owner shud post da cash of getting in n how much percentage of da pot prize we gettin.

Emo^Wolf

Smash Journeyman
soundss good! ill definately be there!!! Emo^Wolf Por Vida!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! lol
but neww main might appear \!!!

HeroMystic

Legacy of the Mario
NNID
HeroineYaoki
3DS FC
2191-8960-7738
All right, can someone tell me the EXACT rules here? Are they following SBR rules or are is it exactly how it's said on the OP? (4-stock, no scrolling levels). Because if it's just that, TRA, BINZ, 2+2=5, and I don't see it worth the money to go because of the stages allowed.

So can anyone here give me some REAL details?

CRASHiC

Smash Hero
Yeah, I might be there with a friend, it all depends. The Florida band assessment is on that day and I don't know what time I will be done. But I'll try.

Vicious Delicious

tetigit destruens
Switch FC
SW 0141 8170 9257
All right, can someone tell me the EXACT rules here? Are they following SBR rules or are is it exactly how it's said on the OP? (4-stock, no scrolling levels). Because if it's just that, TRA, BINZ, 2+2=5, and I don't see it worth the money to go because of the stages allowed.

So can anyone here give me some REAL details?
From what I can remember from the last two (I'm pretty sure it is everything)...

4-stock, 7 minutes
No moving stages (I know FD, Battlefield, and Yoshi's Island are cool, but I don't think Smashville is, and there's some weird ones that apparently are legal like Pictochat, so I don't the exact details for this)
Best of 1 match (best 2 of 3 matches for finals), double elimination
1 character stated to a tourney host, use that character through whole tournament, so no changing.
Stalling is banned

Aside from those things, I bet it follows the SBR code.

shiekssbm

Smash Ace
From what I can remember from the last two (I'm pretty sure it is everything)...

4-stock, 7 minutes
No moving stages (I know FD, Battlefield, and Yoshi's Island are cool, but I don't think Smashville is, and there's some weird ones that apparently are legal like Pictochat, so I don't the exact details for this)
1 character stated to a tourney host, use that character through whole tournament, so no changing.
Stalling is banned

Aside from those things, I bet it follows the SBR code.
Smashville is allowed, I saw a couple matches of smashville going on at the tournament.
The stage itself is non-moving; the platform is the moving part, so it should be fine.

And yeah everything he said is correct, the rules should be the same again.

Also I believe the stage is picked be you and your opponent, most players agree on Final destination to make it fair.

HeroMystic

Legacy of the Mario
NNID
HeroineYaoki
3DS FC
2191-8960-7738
That doesn't bode so well for the price of 20 bucks. :urg:

I'll talk it over with the rest. TRA is on the fence on this one, and he's the one with the car. :laugh:

-!-

Smash Lord
That doesn't bode so well for the price of 20 bucks. :urg:

I'll talk it over with the rest. TRA is on the fence on this one, and he's the one with the car. :laugh:
crap >.< it could of being $15 if you would of registered before the day... but I know you don't live close, hopefully you guys end up going ^.<

HeroMystic

Legacy of the Mario
NNID
HeroineYaoki
3DS FC
2191-8960-7738
We decided not to go. TRA had to work late, and Binz and I didn't think it was worth it. If it was five bucks... sure. :laugh:

2+2=5 (He's trying to get a new name) couldn't risk the money.

Top Bottom