• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

SOVA, ITS 2010! Step ya Melee game up baby! <3

adwillia

Smash Apprentice
ono i'll do that if we're allowed to have more levels than fd (i really just wanna be able to pick dreamland or corneria lol). however, it'll be a gametime decision if thats what u wanna roll with, i'd prefer more diversity but i'll 50/50 do it if its just final.

thanks colin, as far as i know i just found a ride and i found a teammate, but hes not very good, ie he doesn't know how to play so we're looking to not place last. dunno about thursday yet, my sn is Simpsonsfool011 so hit that up and i'll let u know. if u dont wanna do a mm thats chill, im just trying to get as many as i can.

O-NO

Smash Journeyman
Vallejo CA! (for lowlifes that dont know) Teh Bea
hows about a 3-5 with the 3 listed stages for counterpcks? this sounds **** fun. last week we recorded the finals of the teams and singles. where tryin to get them online soon. we can also record M$Ms. this is sounding sweet. i hope alot of people show up again this week! ^_^

BlackheartLee

Smash Rookie
Adwillia - I'm down for the bound crown on the drowned clown, down by the town of etc. etc.

But SHE is not weak like the ape king I followed way, way back at the days of Kaboom!, good sir, so it shall most definitely be a glorious match. I look forward to it.

Carbohydrates - My sincerest apologies for HER ruthlessness during the last tournament we fought -- even though such may have to be expected from the God of Death. If you wanted to, we can have a series of matches during which you offer nothing and I can offer the reconciliation of you and your soul currently in a state of perpetual immolation somewhere in the eight layer?

I offer this battle to you, Fats, before the tournament if revenge may be on your mind.

To all others: I am more than willing to accept your souls for free, if it be your wish to deliver it to me.

linkmastersword

Smash Lord
I offer this battle to you, Fats, before the tournament if revenge may be on your mind.

you are correct sir. I shall come at you with something other than a big, slow target. those fairs and bairs of death, with supreme spacing if I might add were just too much.

I'm thinking of maybe a faster character.... how about pichu with poison mushroom and bunny hood.

try kicking me now! HA!

Ether

Smash Ace
I'm crying on the inside, guys, believe me. I can't make it on Saturdays due to work. I can do Fridays, however, and Tuesdays, too.

Come on, guys, Kingdom Hearts II is killing my smash skills.

-Ether

CStick

Smash Lord
I'm out again

I get to go to Washington DC wqith some peeps I havent seen in forever. Sry, but they'll be other weeklies. You'll se me at the others

adwillia

Smash Apprentice
so it's 2 dollars per team....ie one dollar per person right? i know its the dumbest possible question, but just for clarification....

Ether

Smash Ace
so it's 2 dollars per team....ie one dollar per person right? i know its the dumbest possible question, but just for clarification....

As long as there's 2 dollars paid by a team, I don't see how it matters if it comes from one person or each person pays a buck. Singles are still $5, though.

I PMed Azen to see if he'd come down if we upped the fees and all....no response yet. =(

O-NO

Smash Journeyman
2 dollers, dont care from who. as far as azen comeing down, there isint enough people to throw a tourny where 10+ dollers sounds right. for a tourny that size ill need an actuall venue.
worry not tho, im looking into it. it may be a bit of time but if i can find a good venue, THEN ill throw a big tourny where 10+ dollers sounds about right.
tournys tommorrow guys, post up if your going to be here and if you have cubes and tv,s and whatnot. see you guys tomorrow.

Ether

Smash Ace
Really wish I could go....I'm playin' the ODU smashers today. So for all you ODU lurkers here, head to the game room around 12: 45!!! Since you can't make it to O-NO's, I'll train you here.

-Ether

KitsuneKing

Smash Journeyman
NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

aww man i went yesterday.. hoping you were there.. b/c i heard from Ivar that you ***** everyone the other day. T-T what days can you usually go to the game room i'll probably try to stop by and play.

BlackheartLee

Smash Rookie
So Zelda for Brawl is looking slim-chanced.

But..

Mischief Makers was made by Enix?

Enix merged with Square??

Square-Enix made the DS Mario basketball game???

Marina for Brawl?!?!?

Immediate destruction!??!?!?!?!?!

Of course if the Twilight Princess makes it in Brawl, you'd better believe everyone's catching the 0-150%... and that's if I miss the fourth attack. Too good.

Ether

Smash Ace
NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

aww man i went yesterday.. hoping you were there.. b/c i heard from Ivar that you ***** everyone the other day. T-T what days can you usually go to the game room i'll probably try to stop by and play.

Lol @ ****. Like O-NO, I'd like to think of it as training for everyone. That way, no one gets discouraged, we build up morale, etc.

I'm usually there Mondays and Wednesdays anywhere from 11:00 - 4:00 and then from 5:30 - 7:00. In fact, I'm on campus right now. If you want to AIM me, it's Kyolin Curai.

Kitsune, you were at CStick's tourney, right? Did I play you in some team matches with my girlfriend?

As for Azen, he still hasn't PMed me back, but he's just getting back from MLG Vegas, right? Right? So it's not like he thinks I'm some n00b, right? o_O Maybe I should PM him again and tell him I'll pay for gas if he comes down here. Imagine my skill skyrocketing after playing Azen...

*drools*

Another thing, I want another SoVa tourney. I need a shot at proving I'm the best in SoVa, or at least top 3. Need to get Tope, Adwillia and others back down here.

And yet another thing, sorry for not making it to your fests, O-NO. Believe me, I really, REALLY want to play you and CStick again, and play Lee once for a change. And you all have to meet my friend Matt, who I brought up to ODU. He did really well here, but I think he's weak to mindgames. I'm hoping you guys can encourage him to learn some.

adwillia

Smash Apprentice
ether come to the next one, i'm gonna be at these pretty consistently until school gets out.

CStick

Smash Lord
well, it sucks I couldnt go, but ****... DC was so fun.

What they dont tell you is that the Washington monument is like twice as big as it looks and is about a half-a- mile from the pool. MINDGAMES SON!

My friend, Nicole, posing with her favorite kind of dinosaur, the Tricicloplots (inside joke)

Alysaurus; its like a velociraptor on steroids

oh shi-! T-rex!

mammoth

blng bling! Emeralds are too sweet! i think the number of carots on these things were in the triple-digits

this is the cutest thing ever. The squirrels will literally come to within reach and eat out of your hand. Look! He has the cute begging look down pat!

He has a big head...

me and Nicole in front of a printer eraser. Apparently, this thing is world-famous >_>

capital building. Go democrats!

Ether

Smash Ace
Good sheezy, CStick. Is that your girlfriend?

I wonder if that printer eraser is new. I didn't see it last time I went to D.C.

I would love to make it to O-NO's, adwillia, but I'm working Thursdays, Saturdays, and Sundays constantly. Aren't you in Richmond with Tope? *looks up VA smash finder*

======

Found it. Newport News, wow. You bring Cow with you?

Ether

Smash Ace
Gettin' the girl is just like playing smash. You can run around and dodge her all day, but at some point you gotta go in for the grab. ;)

O-NO

Smash Journeyman
ROFL at the smash/chicks analogy! and why did the jurassic park theme play when i came to the thread? (looks at c-stick...)
anyway! im may be off all next week starting tomorrow. its still kinda up in the air. depending on what happens tho if C-stick, Eather, Cow, Dragon, Whodat and, Adwillia wanna come down sometime durring the week for a mini fest/gameing day or whatnot that would be cool. good times for all? friday maybe? whenever till whenever as far as time i guess.

BlackheartLee

Smash Rookie
I have slaved at my mortal occupation and have returned here to find out that the prospect of many delicious souls has formed and then dissipated. Very interesting.

C-Stick, if all else fails we can probably get some friendlies sometime Friday if you were looking to play.

Otherwise, everyone can keep their soul until next Saturday.

linkmastersword

Smash Lord
other than sheik, who does well against Zelda. I can't believe this guys zelda destroys every non-sheik out there.

Also, is there any word on when we can expect those videos to be up? I just want to know so I can stop checking like 3 times a day.

BlackheartLee

Smash Rookie
Well, I'll tell you a slight secret. When I play the game, I like to have fun first and foremost. My idea of fun is two-fold -- rush-down and challenging myself.

You see, I try to play every match on the fourth controller slot, so that I have the lowest priority. I'll do exceptionally stupid things to try them out during a tournament match, among other things I restrict myself from using a move during a stock, for example, I once played a Falcon match and challenged myself to never use the knee. I also enjoy playing 'fair.' I'll hardly ever edge-hog on purpose -- especially if the reason they get off the edge was a mistake on their part, or if I'm already ahead a stock. And the last few tournaments, I've been sand-bagging or playing my first set with random characters so that I go straight to losers.

It's not that I don't respect my opponent. It's just that I love challenges and I --HATE-- being considered cheap. Which is in part why I became one with the Death Goddess. SHE has one of the worst throw ranges in the game, barely has more than a two-hit combo, and SHE doesn't even have a full moveset!

Every attack I land on my opponent is the result of mind-games or proper spacing/guessing. Never some Marth 50/50 set-up, Fox-Falco reflector sheild games, sheik tilt combos... not even Link throw set-ups. I don't mind those characters' tools, but Zelda is one of the 'theoretical' under-dog characters that's actually has incredible skill, just not in the obvious spots.

As far as Sheik goes, I have a pretty good idea exactly what I have to do to beat her. But it makes it an ugly match as far as my style goes. Like I said, I'm all about rush-down (with a slow character). If I come up against a Sheik sometime in the future I'll try the I'm-safe-so-you're-sorry Peach style and see how it goes.

As far as the videos go, I'll get the last of the tech-equipment I need this Black Friday and work on them, so hopefully you'll see them soon.

linkmastersword

Smash Lord
well, that sounds good. I like your approach to this game, I used to be all about 'not being cheap' That's why I used ganon for 5 years, and no one else but him. but at tournaments sheiks would just chain throw me or juggle me to high hell. so I switched to other characters and I kind of embrace the cheapness of them in tournament and in practice. but I still have fun. I do chain grab in regular matches with my friends, but I really suck at chain grabbing so I do like 15 damage total. so I don't consider that being cheap.

BlackheartLee

Smash Rookie
I don't mind too much about my opponent being cheap. I'm hardly one to say that someone couldn't have beat me if they used another character (I can take a loss). And when a lot of money is on the line you'll find me being extra callous to my opponents. But most of the time I want everyone to have fun, and I know what people don't find fun. To me winning only goes so far -- I enjoy winning with odds against me in an epic battle to the death.

Of course, if I'm told that I have to claim a soul... well... no amount of apologizing will be enough to compensate for the devestation I have to unleash. I mean, would you betray the Death Goddess?

And Ganon vs Sheik is a pretty ugly match but.. there's basically nothing sweeter in this game than crushing a Sheik with Ganon. It's euphoric.

Top Bottom