• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

SOVA, ITS 2010! Step ya Melee game up baby! <3

royboy850

Smash Apprentice
welp. my weekend's started

gooooooo hurricane earl. who wants to pick me up?

703-517-6757 (will probably be out at wal-mart picking up my glasses)

Wretched

Dankness of Heart
You guys can't come over here anyways, but I'm willing to go to hamptons if there are 3+ meleers sometime.

rhan

Smash Hero
I host at least once a month on Friday/Saturdays. This month is terrible though. I work every weekend. Maybe I can possibly host something on a Sunday this month if people are cool with it? And of course my grandparents.

I wonder if Ether's hosting this Friday? Or if any of the CNU guys are gonna do something.

JWolf

Smash Cadet
You're pretty far from me and I can't drive. But there are a handful of VA Beach smashers. Ether, O-No, CSTick, Malco, JWolf are just to name a few.
im not a smasher don't lie to him.

rhan

Smash Hero
word, someone named pat is hosting tomorrow at 1... i'm gonna show up
I'm pretty sure "Pat" is SpeedYoshi.

im not a smasher don't lie to him.
See below..

Lying to yourself is the worse kind of lie...
so I have a four day weekend. bless hurricanes? if ya'll wanna play I'm completely open till tuesday hit me up my cell is in the last few pages iirc
I'm willing to do **** Sunday/Monday.

toasty

Smash Hero
Norfolk/Virginia Beach, VA - IT'S SOVA, BABY! &lt;
btw Ether...you can't lose anymore Marth dittos to me! not even one! even if it's friendlies! step it up, man...I can't be riding your meat publicly when I'm really the one givin you the d*ck!

translation: you're never allowed to lose to anyone in SoVa. you're far too talented dawg...hurt feelings...pretend everyone here is Lisa and they all play Red Sheik.

Ether

Smash Ace
I'll mm$ you, Toasty. =)

I might be free tonight, but my place is a mess.

Edit - $50 says I win a best of five set against you, toasty. I'll let you know when I have $50 to put up.

Edit 2 - I just realized... When I win, let's just say I don't owe you anything for Apex.

Edit 3 - But yeah, toasty, I realized after Apex that it's time to be a pro and stop losing. It's just so fun and addictive to sandbag.

Serpent

Smash Apprentice
Does anyone in the area have Project M Alpha? If not, I do, and I would love to play and help host a tournament if anyone's interested. I'm on the Project M team as a video editor, so I'll be saving the replays and incorporating combos into a video.

It's been too long.

AlcyoNite

Smash Champion
lol; i've said that before bout link, but even so I have a ridiculously good win rate with sheik vs link...

still, s-man would probably take 30% of the matches off my marth i bet.. at least his old link would..i wonder if it's mad rusty since he started playing falco
maybe i should have quoted for relevance but i thought sova might be intuitive enough to connect the dots...

its w/e tho

toasty

Smash Hero
Norfolk/Virginia Beach, VA - IT'S SOVA, BABY! &lt;
He really is throwing money at people o_o

Shouties laterr.
LOL did you read his whole post? I never expected anything in return for Apex so I wouldn't be losing $50 if I never expected to receive it in the first place...

make sense?

NOW if I BEAT him? Well yeah obvs I'll continue to be ****in looooaded ^_^

still comin for your lunch money, though

<3

Ether

Smash Ace
Lmao, it IS a good deal for toasty. And CStick, I'll probably host on Friday. Also, I don't see how you can play Ganon. I tried and got ***** last night.

CStick

Smash Lord
Lmao, it IS a good deal for toasty. And CStick, I'll probably host on Friday. Also, I don't see how you can play Ganon. I tried and got ***** last night.
spam bair, uair, and fist. Always keep moving and retreating with aerials (never stay still if the opponent is pressing you). Also know when you can hit or intercept with the dair since that gives you 40-80% damage on your opponent after you follow it up. Know how shield stun works on characters with the fist and over-B. Crouch cancel certain moves and characters. Uair is a good anti-juggle/anti-air move. Do **** that people won't see coming. Always keep good distance (not synonymous with spacing; like, literally know how to stay far enough away to not get ***** but still close enough to bait them into retreating aerials or fist them). Jab EVERYTHING, and jab REPEATEDLY, because it can beat anything (including Marth's sword and spacies' shines). Every hit = momentum, and you can't lose that momentum. Remember that Ganon is not a slow character; he just has no priority (like Falcon) and his best move (the fist) is slow compared to other characters' neutrals and fairs - that is why he gets beat in the air by some characters. He's as slow or as fast as you want to be with him. Always DI up. Up-B into opponent at close range to grab them, try and ledgetech if that doesn't work (it works...I just suck at teching). Best edgeguard is reverse uair or go captain falcon and just jump out there with a fist followed by a jumping uair (like what falcon does), it works a lot since no one expects a crazy Ganon.

edit: also, stages you never want to fight on: final destination, Fountain of Dreams (platforms actually work against Ganon since any character can get under him and smash him...plus the stagger on it makes this stage hard to move around on), battlefield against Marth, Fox and Peach, any counterpick stage that moves, green greens due to shenanigans, and any stage with a long flat bottom against Shiek.

Shaeman111

Smash Ace
maybe i should have quoted for relevance but i thought sova might be intuitive enough to connect the dots...

its w/e tho
I mean regardless, no one cares.

LOL did you read his whole post? I never expected anything in return for Apex so I wouldn't be losing $50 if I never expected to receive it in the first place...

make sense?

NOW if I BEAT him? Well yeah obvs I'll continue to be ****in looooaded ^_^

still comin for your lunch money, though

<3
Haha it's a done deal. ...... someone help me practice ._.

spam bair, uair, and fist. Always keep moving and retreating with aerials (never stay still if the opponent is pressing you). Also know when you can hit or intercept with the dair since that gives you 40-80% damage on your opponent after you follow it up. Know how shield stun works on characters with the fist and over-B. Crouch cancel certain moves and characters. Uair is a good anti-juggle/anti-air move. Do **** that people won't see coming. Always keep good distance (not synonymous with spacing; like, literally know how to stay far enough away to not get ***** but still close enough to bait them into retreating aerials or fist them). Jab EVERYTHING, and jab REPEATEDLY, because it can beat anything (including Marth's sword and spacies' shines). Every hit = momentum, and you can't lose that momentum. Remember that Ganon is not a slow character; he just has no priority (like Falcon) and his best move (the fist) is slow compared to other characters' neutrals and fairs - that is why he gets beat in the air by some characters. He's as slow or as fast as you want to be with him. Always DI up. Up-B into opponent at close range to grab them, try and ledgetech if that doesn't work (it works...I just suck at teching). Best edgeguard is reverse uair or go captain falcon and just jump out there with a fist followed by a jumping uair (like what falcon does), it works a lot since no one expects a crazy Ganon.

edit: also, stages you never want to fight on: final destination, Fountain of Dreams (platforms actually work against Ganon since any character can get under him and smash him...plus the stagger on it makes this stage hard to move around on), battlefield against Marth, Fox and Peach, any counterpick stage that moves, green greens due to shenanigans, and any stage with a long flat bottom against Shiek.
You don't understand. there were so many "king of evil" jokes last night xD
you shouldve been there!

royboy850

Smash Apprentice
basically, don't play ganon

Wretched

Dankness of Heart
Spectre needs to work on his ledge game.
Edit: he doesn't gentleman
EditEdit: he doesn't techchase enough
wtf
but he is a good falcon so he might be that way for a reason.
edieditedit: but look at those uairs
sexy

rhan

Smash Hero
Shaden he lives in GA... To6 is in GA... Ofcoure he's going. On the other hand I'm possibly going to To6. I haven't got a response from Tope/Cyrain yet. But Laijin said that if I pay the right price I can get scooped by his caravan. lmao

Lessss goooooo!

But ofcourse anyone from SoVA going? :)

Top Bottom