• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

SOVA, ITS 2010! Step ya Melee game up baby! <3

D0N

Smash Ace
I vote for keeping luigi's mansion. It has alot of opportunities to take advantage of the stage with combos and the pillars blocking projectiles sometimes, but its nothing that makes a fight extremely one sided so it just makes a decent counterpick.

I vote keeping Pokemon Stadium 2 of for all the reasons slash said.

royboy850

Smash Apprentice
missed you too buddy T_T and yea i pretty much just havent played brawl up here. combination of me wanting to hang out with nonsmashers i havent seen in a while, high gas prices, good competition living at least 20 min away, me not wanting to host, and only one freaking car between three drivers = terrible smash time. we'll see if i can catch up once school starts but i dont know since it seems i wont be playing at all >_>

...andreas pizza haunts my dreams D:

toasty

Smash Hero
Norfolk/Virginia Beach, VA - IT'S SOVA, BABY! &lt;
IV's Melee tourney on sunday in Williamsburg

don't think you'd be interested in Brawl haha

I'm going to try and host the next Melee/Brawl singles tourney at Hi Score [another $5 for venue and $5 for each tourney deal, unless there is high demand for higher tourney fee, i.e. bigger prize payouts] probably around July 18th or 19th. The only possible date change would be a week earlier on the 11th/12th or mid August. So chances are, July 18th or 19th.

If teams are added, it will be an all day event, and not starting at like...7/8PM

EDIT for Caboose!

toasty

Smash Hero
hmmm....I dunno if I wanna do teams again >_> maybe. I'll consider talking to HSG about it. First I'm going to test out those cheap cables this week, then I'm going to learn how to alter the display properties of the venue's HDTVs so that they won't lag with the component cables at ALL. If that all works out, I'll order a bunch of those cables so that there won't be a shortage of setups so long as people bring A LOT of Wiis.

I mean: if you have one or own one and it has all the stages/chars unlocked: bring it.

Same with the TVs, like last time. We'll need as many of those as possible too. That way we can run Melee teams AND Brawl teams [if demand for Melee teams is high enough]...and then run both singles tourneys at the same time [Kadaj, don't give me that side event crap haha, it's already enough of a "side event" attendance-wise.]

One of the better things about being able to use the venue's TVs is that the tourney will be more spread out and the chairs won't be as crowded as they almost got.

Serpent

Smash Apprentice
*crosses fingers for HSG tourney to not be on 18th/19th* **** college orientation. I would hate to miss an all day tourney.

Also, I'd be down for joining Melee teams if it were runny, so consider me in. I've never done a Melee tea tourney, and I'm decent at teams.

Serpent

Smash Apprentice
I'd love 11th or 12th, but that's just me. Maybe we could have a vote or something. It doesn't seem too soon after CH for me. I've got some money set aside for tournaments for the Summer.

Also, that's over 2 and a half weeks; doesn't seem to short notice. Of course, a vote for preferred day would be best with possible dates and then an "I don't care" option so someone doesn't just pick a day.

_Kadaj_

Smash Hero
Throw that P***y at me? B***h I think Im Babe Ruth
Lol but its so fun (teams) and ur right about melee sad 2 say :bee:

It would be too soon maybe it should be 2 weeks after ch3

What ever happen 2 draft crews at the tournys !!!!
I already got it planned out this could be our crew

1)Kadaj
2)Toasty
3)Whodat
4)Famus
5)Dragoncharlz

It would be us v.s. Whatever 5 every1 else came up with and best of all it would be "recorded!" :bee:

Just throwing some things out there by the way if I didn't add u to that line up its not bcuz u suck or anything its just so that there would be competition to play against that's all.

O-no what is otokan? Is somekind of place for tournys like evo? Will there be brawl :) ? Can I possibly come :bee: ? I sound like a school girl excited about having a prom date lol

P.S. Dat azz is mines toasty :devil:

whodat

Smash Apprentice
I vote Norfair as bannable. That stage is complete BS. I was just playing with my roommate and he landed on a platform that was completely free of lava and still got hit for whatever reason. Not to mention the fact of the stupid lava wall and random lava streams coming from the back. If anything should be banned it should be that.

toasty

Smash Hero
maybe I just have good luck there? I have yet to get gayed by that stage.....as for the random lava hitting you? the trick is the camera: it makes you think the lava isn't high enough to hit you but you just gotta learn where the actual height of it is [which is ********, I admit]

the lava wall is entirely avoidable and it adds some insanity to the battle. But it's never been that much of a match altering factor in my experience.

_Kadaj_

Smash Hero
I kinda agree with toasty bcuz its never been a determining factor in any of my matches there even I have been hit with the lava like whodat's talkin about but its not as bad as pictochat at least the lava doesn't do outrageous damage when it hits like the petey pirhana drawing or the spikes at the top coners of pictochat not to mention the cart killing at 80 in some instances.

But all together I say any stage that does 20 or more damage with any indirect attack or has killing potential should be banned this includes pictochat, norfair, brinstar,and onett. With green greens being possibly banned as well. I say corneria is ok bcuz when u get hit by arwing lazers you don't go flying away.
That's just what I think

MaSHi

Smash Journeyman
lol. i mean i'll play any stage. getting gayed or not. i just wanna ask one thing though. what's considered stalling again? like give me all scenarios, so i can know if i am stalling lol. =]

toasty

Smash Hero
I have one more spot in my car for anyone wanting to go to Critical Hit 3. Just pay gas money [To be determined], I got housing taken care of. Oh and take a ****ing shower, that's nice too XD

If all things go as planned, I will be leaving Thursday, July 3rd, and returning some time on Sunday July 6th

Senko Zero

Smash Apprentice
3DS FC
4940-5527-1789
Eh well...here's my opinion on stage bans:

Luigi's Mansion - Have no real problem with this stage, as both characters can use the low ceiling to their advantage and it can help with "camping" a bit too.

SkyWorld - No way should this be legal. The fact that some characters cannot recover, even with that moving platform at the bottom should be a big enough sign of ban worthy.

Pokemon Stadium 2 - I'm leaning towards ban on this one, simply because it does alter gameplay quite a bit at points, but meh, I personally don't have a problem with it.

PictoChat - This is another FD like stage with random stage hazards. I can't say I'm aganist it, but I'm not for it either.

Elecktroplankton - This stage doesn't seem bad at first, but It really is. Hittable terrain can mess up button inputs and the fact that if you fall even accidentlly on rippling water it's instant death is BS. It's almost like that fish on Summit, except you can't see it coming. I vote for ban.

Onett - NO. Although the borders allow for some easier kills and less lengthly matches, the fact there are four walls and two walk off sides make this almost like a permanent version of Delfino Plaza.

Norfair - I'm sorry, but I personally believe this stage SHOULD be banned. Main reason being...it's not really a stage. More often then not, the fight is taken to a SINGLE platform, so in a sense it's no better then any Create-A-Stage, except this one has quite a number of stage hazards.

J TYME!!

Smash Journeyman
Toasty - I am looking to do a Richmond tournament very soon, let's get together and make sure we don't have conflicting dates, PM me your number.

Any SoVa team looking to come up to Richmond this weekend???

Jinmaster.

J TYME!!

Smash Journeyman
SoVa- Come to the Williamsburg tournament this Sunday:

http://smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=177737

They are only doing Melee currently, but they are willing to run Brawl if their is an audience. I am willing to travel to this tournament, and I will ask the rest of the Richmond crew if they are interested in coming too. Please let me know if you are interested and if you can make it to this tournament ASAP.

Jinmaster.

Jeff.....

Smash Rookie
Toasty you lied to me! =[ you didn't put them on youtube last night. I came home excited but became disappointed =[ You don't like to see me disappointed do you? =[

Slash, how late do you think that migration will last? I'm thinking of stopping by, because im only staying at the beach for so long. Let me know.

Malco Melee Teams forever <3
Our combination is really good, idk why though....We've had some good times. Remeber when you were about to die and i ran to the edge and GRABBED you? **** sessions =] We should bring it back and practice against Justin and Frank at least =]

Mashi, it's been forever since ive seen you. If slash's stays open for awhile you should stay and wait for me =]. We really need to hangout. haha

O-No. Puzzle Fighter again. Soon. =]

unrealperson4564

Smash Apprentice
Virginia Beach, VA ; I think I'm becoming a Sonic
I'll be sure to make it Otis.
I'm gonna have to accept brawl too I guess... It's where all the money is and I suck switching out from both games. Meh, I'm still not sure where to go. My melee skills would probably be enough to wipe out all the brawl players whose skilled has been sucked out of melee(which isn't such a great accomplishment *cough*Shaemen*cough* j/k j/k). I mean whenever I lose in melee I think "squanders" or "where were the mindgames?". But in brawl I just feel like I got a bad character matchup. I really hate being on the Brawl hate bandwagon but I'm really hoping there's something coming soon to make the metagame in brawl at least semi-existant.

I try to quit Brawl then I can't!!! ARRGGGHH It's worse than melee cause if you're wishy washy in these games your skill dies in one or the other.(to me at least)

whodat

Smash Apprentice
Man I have bad matchups all day long in tournaments with olimar. You just have to over come them. There are bad matchups in every game that's why there's a tier list.

AlcyoNite

Smash Champion
I'll be sure to make it Otis.
I'm gonna have to accept brawl too I guess... It's where all the money is and I suck switching out from both games. Meh, I'm still not sure where to go. My melee skills would probably be enough to wipe out all the brawl players whose skilled has been sucked out of melee(which isn't such a great accomplishment *cough*Shaemen*cough* j/k j/k). I mean whenever I lose in melee I think "squanders" or "where were the mindgames?". But in brawl I just feel like I got a bad character matchup. I really hate being on the Brawl hate bandwagon but I'm really hoping there's something coming soon to make the metagame in brawl at least semi-existant.

I try to quit Brawl then I can't!!! ARRGGGHH It's worse than melee cause if you're wishy washy in these games your skill dies in one or the other.(to me at least)
lol skill in brawl?

Jeff.....

Smash Rookie
Man I have bad matchups all day long in tournaments with olimar. You just have to over come them. There are bad matchups in every game that's why there's a tier list.
Thats why you pick up a new character. I only would use marth against you, and im thinking of picking up wolf again just for you ;]

_Kadaj_

Smash Hero
Brawl fo life! Lol hey I thinkin of having a smash fest at my house this friday is any1 interested if so let me know I'lll see what I can do... I was wanting to get some serious practice in this weekend before critical hits 3.

By the way whodat we should play outside of tournys sometime and you and dragoncharlz can play doubles against me and famus it would be fun

CStick

Smash Lord
so how much longer is it going to take before people start deciding that playing against a gay marth, fox, peach, falco, fox, shiek, chain-grab ICs, etc. in a really fast, intense match is much more preferred than playing against a bunch of super-gay campy ROBs, Snakes, and Dededes? You guys are disappointing me >.>

IrArby

Smash Ace
I haven't played any good Snakes but by all accounts he's super broken and I'm with C-stick, ROB is a super gay character to play. I really don't see what Brawl has for most people. I'm not so much knocking Brawl or people who play it but I just don't get why everyone's playing it.

toasty

Smash Hero
Hey man...I play both. I've said "CStick! We gotta play Meleeeeeee" multiple times. Do you respond?

I stand disappointed.

we should plan something outside of hoping to play each other at a fest that we hope to both attend at the same time that we hope actually happens.

As for Brawl-love: I think it's one of those things, unfortunately, where you just like playing it. There may be different reasons for everyone, it isn't as easy to explain as why Melee is great. It's not even "Brawl is sooo amazing" or anything.

It's like Apple Jacks.

Hmmm...most of you are probably too young for that reference :(

Top Bottom