• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

SOVA, ITS 2010! Step ya Melee game up baby! <3

ttocs

Smash Rookie
sup guys?

general shouts in the results thread, but a personal thanks to ono for hosting on friday. fun ****.

just a heads up that I really hate the name sk1zz0t lol, that **** was from like middle school and I only used it on here because that's how long ago I registered that name.

just call me scott or ttocs if you really prefer using handles ^_^

ttocs

Smash Rookie
yo you should definitely train me because I like marth but I get abused when I try to use him.. lol.

_Kadaj_

Smash Hero
Throw that P***y at me? B***h I think Im Babe Ruth
Lol cool I can def. Train you I live in hampton tho. (Not too far only like 25 mins or so) but who do you want to use? Obviously marth is my main but I'm good with a lot of characters and I know a lot of stuff with just about most of the characters so anyone you want to play I can help out

unrealperson4564

Smash Apprentice
Virginia Beach, VA ; I think I'm becoming a Sonic
XD at all the smash drama.

Let's see now...
Uki vs. the world
Jeff and that one Sonic player's squabble over the dollar being thrown
The Constantly reoccuring Brawl<, >, or, = debates
CrystalNite's brawl hatred

I mean dang it's like Catholics vs. Protestants or something lol

but in other news...

I was obviously absent from this "surefire" tourney due to certain circumstances *cough*mom*cough*
but yeah hopefully I can make it to whatever other upcoming local tournies that will come up.

Somebody Sonic ditto mm me sometime soon k peace

AlcyoNite

Smash Champion
It's not like I'm alone. Both Mashi and C-Stick have expressed their disdain for Brawl. You are entitled to like any game you want. However, I was curious to see if the money was drive enough to play (a lot) if there was no real enjoyment of the game. This is not Brawl v Melee.

hova

Smash Champion
<3 Sova

you all are mad chill, definitely a really good environment for smash. it was cool to see that everyone was pretty much friends and there were never hard feelings with people giving props even after close matches

i magically made it down there and back on almost one tank of gas, which means i can definitely try to get down there more often and will bring the rest of my crew

good **** Sova, i'll maybe post some shoutouts in that other thread

MaSHi

Smash Journeyman
rofl crystalnite.....i take money matches so i can save up that money for pocket money or just use that for tournies. you don't make a profit off of this. you do it cause you can use other people's money to buy **** rather than your own. i don't need the money i just like spending YOUR money.

JWolf

Smash Cadet
rofl crystalnite.....i take money matches so i can save up that money for pocket money or just use that for tournies. you don't make a profit off of this. you do it cause you can use other people's money to buy **** rather than your own. i don't need the money i just like spending YOUR money.
hahahahahahhaa

toasty

Smash Hero
Norfolk/Virginia Beach, VA - IT'S SOVA, BABY! &lt;
I love the game.
I love money.
I love making money because of this game [albeit little bits, but consistent little bits they are]

^_^

also understand: I don't play this game often. More hours are put into this game on tournament days for me than they are in a given week.

sidenote:

CABOOOOSE today's Fat Kids day will be excellent, I hope.
Though my dad was pissed cuz I kinda just disappeared yesterday when I was supposed to go to some brown party thing >_> Melee will fix all sadness today ^_^

yesterday's synchronized Falcon Punch was beautiful.

edit: oh good **** Hova

and rofl@Mashi

AlcyoNite

Smash Champion
Word. In other news, is anyone seriously trynna get better in melee? like, not casually, but like working toward a good standing in the whole east coast. i stand in awe at how the whole new england scene has nothing less than blown up with the talent that is increasingly growing and improving.

EDIT: toasty, who do u main now?

toasty

Smash Hero
In Melee:

Well...whenever I sit down to play tons of Melee, I end up using Marth and Fox the most because they need the most improvement and I want to use them more frequently than anyone else. Fox I just need a couple hours with the get 85% of my old self back....but Marth I need a much deeper understanding of the character and his matchups before I can settle for that kind of mediocrity.

I ****ing LOVE using Dr. Mario, though. And my Pikachu/Ness will always be in my heart.

One day I want my answer to your question to simply be: Marth.

AlcyoNite

Smash Champion
In Melee:

Well...whenever I sit down to play tons of Melee, I end up using Marth and Fox the most because they need the most improvement and I want to use them more frequently than anyone else. Fox I just need a couple hours with the get 85% of my old self back....but Marth I need a much deeper understanding of the character and his matchups before I can settle for that kind of mediocrity.

I ****ing LOVE using Dr. Mario, though. And my Pikachu/Ness will always be in my heart.

One day I want my answer to your question to simply be: Marth.
Same here with Marth and Fox. Know what that means? WE HAVE TO PLAY!!! It is imperative to learning Marth better and making **** Foxes...and im not just saying that

toasty

Smash Hero
I'm down for that, son =D Next time I'm working in Newport News [either Wednesday or Friday], I might give you a call to come through and play. PM me your number and location :) I'm going to be playing Melee today and I won't be playing Brawl this week, I don't think. Hopefully I can brush up enough to make it worth the trip haha

ttocs

Smash Rookie
Lol cool I can def. Train you I live in hampton tho. (Not too far only like 25 mins or so) but who do you want to use? Obviously marth is my main but I'm good with a lot of characters and I know a lot of stuff with just about most of the characters so anyone you want to play I can help out
Probably GAW but I should probably learn meta/snake too.. just in case :laugh:

and marth is just fun *shrug*

CStick

Smash Lord
It's not like I'm alone. Both Mashi and C-Stick have expressed their disdain for Brawl. You are entitled to like any game you want. However, I was curious to see if the money was drive enough to play (a lot) if there was no real enjoyment of the game. This is not Brawl v Melee.
disdain is not a strong enough word. I hate brawl on technical, mechanical, and emotional levels.

_Kadaj_

Smash Hero
Throw that P***y at me? B***h I think Im Babe Ruth
Anyone going to critical hits 4??? Slash did you ever talk to dobee about it?

Toasty are you going to critical hits 4?

Overswarm will be there *looks at toasty* :grin:

Tre: are you going?

O yea scott I can't text on my phone

I wish school didn't start on tuesday for me :( now I have to ration my brawl days to mostly weekends :(

royboy850

Smash Apprentice
ni. ive gotta stay home and wait for my psych partner to contact me cz we gotta meet up for something

toasty: you left your camera at my place, but i may need it to take pictures of me/psych partner. is there any software you need to transfer it to my computer or am i fine with just an SD card slot?

g-regulate

Smash Hero
hey toast any progress on vids? that teams grand finals set was super epic, and id love to see another teams set where hova and i are counterpicked to rainbow cruise, i thought it was recorded...... whenever you get the time, no rush.

Malco!!!

Smash Apprentice
Cheer up Jeffery!
You're a senior now!
You rule the school!!!!

P.S. Now that Im gone your the best smasher at school. ;]

JWolf

Smash Cadet
Haha Thanks Malco =]

When is CH4? I might wanta go to that. Depends on when.

But still.... I hate school.

Why am I here

whodat

Smash Apprentice
Yeah it's mad expensive, but it's really worth going especially if DSF and M2K are staying at jcaesar's.

toasty

Smash Hero
update: it's now $40 if you only want to enter singles, and [first come first served, up to 30] they will knock 5 bucks off if you bring a Wii with all the unlocks and Brawl.

DSF is no longer going to stay there, I don't think. Either way, good people will be at the tourney and it's a two day event...you can always play a crapton of friendlies with amazing players ^_^

JWolf

Smash Cadet
Slash, You are one funny ****in man...hahhahaha

That **** was hilarious

Top Bottom