• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

SOVA, ITS 2010! Step ya Melee game up baby! <3

toasty

Smash Hero
Norfolk/Virginia Beach, VA - IT'S SOVA, BABY! &lt;
Sorry everyone, I've been pretty ****ty at juggling multiple testicles in my mouth obligations...

So.

Worst short notice ever.

Who wants to have a tourney at BlackG's on the 10th?

Teams.
Singles.
$3 ElectricityAndOtherIncidentals Fee. [I'll see if I can get this waived if you have a setup]
Doors open at 10 AM.
Lives down the street from Slash's old place by Newtown Rd. and Baker Rd.

60/30/10 and maybe 4th gets entry fee back if turnout is decent.

What do people want? $5 per person per event? I'd say that's good for a casual event :)

BRING TVS AND WIIS.
We only have 4 TVs and 2 Wiis so far.
If you don't want this taking allll day like a lot of tournaments do, then bring setups.
Please tell me if you can bring/lend a Wii/TV for this!
<3<3<3

dobee

Smash Apprentice
That works perfect for me...
And i'll see about the tables i can bring... because were kinda using them lol

toasty

Smash Hero
Can you bring a Wii?
I know your copy of Brawl got jacked at Chu's but yeah if other people could bring a copy of Brawl if they're not able to bring their Wii or whatever, that'd be great.

I really really really need TVs and Wiis. Just iterating that for you guys :)

6 setups is satisfactory.
8 is ideal.

MaSHi

Smash Journeyman
i'll be there 10th, 17th, 31st. so everyone be there if they wanna play me too. $MM anything as well. =]

oh and yes to toasty 31st melee.

dobee

Smash Apprentice
Yeah I can bring my wii.
I love how this works out because the only saturday i have to work is the 24th... the only saturday we arent doing anything lol.
And im cool with the $5 thingy

MaSHi

Smash Journeyman
$5 is straight for me as well. this is both teams and singles right? for blackg's tourney I mean. I may have misread cause i'm on a phone. also melee tourney on 31st is double and single right? anyways. see everyone this weekend and stuff.

hey jason wanna play tvc this week? =]

Malco!!!

Smash Apprentice
Naw, nothing going down tonight.

i WILL however be the first to take malco's money in 09'

First to 5 for 20$ in melee?

My house has always been the spot. i just need mah chairs back.
Make it 5 dollars and its a deal!
I have no job. :[

toasty

Smash Hero
yeah both tournaments are singles AND doubles

and word @ $5...now confirmed.

$5 per person for each event...so...MaSHi...I want you to read this carefully:
-If you are entering the singles tournament, you will be paying a $3 venue fee to BlackG. Then you will be putting $5 into the pot for the singles tournament.
-If you are entering the doubles tournament, you will be paying a $3 venue fee to BlackG. Then you will be putting $5 into the pot for the doubles tournament. Obviously, your teammate will be doing the exact same thing.
-If you are entering BOTH the singles and doubles tournaments, you will be paying a $3 venue fee to BlackG. Then you will be putting $5 into the pot for the singles tournament, and ALSO $5 into the pot for the doubles tournament.

hahahaha <3 MaSHi ^_^

OH and if you are just coming to play friendlies and NOT enter in the tournament, you're paying $5 which will somehow be added to the tourney winnings.
If you're coming to hang out but you are not playing at all, and not playing on a TV we COULD use, then you pay nothing.

also: woooord @ Melee!

Otis: I'm hosting at ODU at that same place...I didn't read the whole new title ;___; sorry dude!!!
I was too focused...and kinda exhausted from this weekend for various reasons hahahaha...I'll tell you later =D Would you rather have me host it at ODU or do you want to have it at your place?

AlcyoNite

Smash Champion
aww man it took me a while to figure out the above post wasnt schoolie...

@ Toasty: ur events is really tantalizing for me right now. i really killed myself this semester, tho, (not knowing what to expect with 3 APs and no life-coach...) so idk how next semester will be for me (i.e. will i b able to go and/or provide a ride for stars).
tl;dr idk if i can but but i reeeeallly want to

is Ether or schoolie coming?

@ TvC: y do u look so broken? like, in a cheezy, sf2 kinda way (not in a MvC2, Smash 64 kinda way)? your combo system looks amazing on the outset, but some things, like ryu's basic combo (idk commands; its what looks like a cr.short>cr.short>cr.med>rh>hcf.rh>super) and morrigan's wall infinite.
I want to play you, but are you worth the learning curve? [/Apostrophe]

whodat

Smash Apprentice
Dang Toasty with the short notice tourney. I will see if we can get most of TBFN there for this one.

BTW Toasty hit me up. I got a new phone and I'm PMing you the number right now.

toasty

Smash Hero
@ IV: good luck man. I know exactly what you mean about those AP classes. hope you can make it but I'll understand if you can't...also...lawl @ apostrophe XD

@ Whodat: woooord I can hit you up after work some time now =D!

@ SoVa: there is a good chance of some snacks/food being provided at the tourney this saturday!!! venue fee is still $3

royboy850

Smash Apprentice
im confused yo. would i be reserving VA common for 31st? would that be solely melee? i assume this saturday is the one at BLKG's and thats both games and four+ tournys but not sure if im skimming all this stuff accurately enough

edit: godismyrock's peach bair trap vid...holy frickin hell

toasty

Smash Hero
This Saturday, January 10th:
BlackG's apartment...I'll get the address in a bit. [SEE MY NEXT POST!]
Brawl Singles and Brawl Teams...NO MELEE
$3 venue [snacks/drinks will probably be provided]
$5 per person for teams
$5 for singles
DOORS OPEN AT 10 AM!!!!
TOURNEY AT 11 AM!!!!

If you are going to be late [and you KNOW when you're going to be late...don't wait til 11 to call me.] let me know so I can at least put you in the bracket.

So...Newport News, I'm lookin at you: get your a.sses out of NN EARLY. Aim to be there at 10 and you'll be there by 11:15 XD [hope you guys can make it on such crazy short notice >_>]

Saturday, January 17th: OTIS IS HOSTINNNNGGG!!!!!

Saturday, January 31st:
@ ODU...the same venue we've been having fests/tourneys <----Caboooooose that's what I would like for you to reserve if you're able to =D thanks homie <3

Melee Singles and Melee Doubles...NO BRAWL
NO VENUE FEE
::copypasta for good measure::
$5 per person for teams
$5 for singles
DOORS OPEN AT 10 AM!!!!
TOURNEY AT 11 AM!!!!

If you are going to be late [and you KNOW when you're going to be late...don't wait til 11 to call me.] let me know so I can at least put you in the bracket.

So...Newport News, I'm lookin at you: get your a.sses out of NN EARLY. Aim to be there at 10 and you'll be there by 11:15 XD

royboy850

Smash Apprentice
ah, got it

once i get back sunday/monday ill check if its open. hopefully ill have the money to be staying at VA house legally by then >_>

KitsuneKing

Smash Journeyman
@ TvC: y do u look so broken? like, in a cheezy, sf2 kinda way (not in a MvC2, Smash 64 kinda way)? your combo system looks amazing on the outset, but some things, like ryu's basic combo (idk commands; its what looks like a cr.short>cr.short>cr.med>rh>hcf.rh>super) and morrigan's wall infinite.
I want to play you, but are you worth the learning curve? [/Apostrophe]
when you're so all about marvel, why are you questioning TvC? lol -shrugs-

toasty

Smash Hero
DIRECTIONS TO BLACKG'S PLACE!!!

I don't know the EXACT apt. number he has but I can give you directions.
Look up the best way for you to get here:

Arvida Ct
Virginia Beach, VA 23462

[just type it into Google Maps and you should still be able to get directions]
BUT!!!!
Whatever the directions say about being on Baker Road...stay on Baker Rd. until the directions tell you to turn, but you'll have to park ON Baker Rd. otherwise you're effed.

The cyan shows where you can park on Baker Road [those buildings next to it are all identical looking apt. complexes
The yellow shows where to WALK [yes, through a building, you'll see.]
The red shows where BlackG's apt is.....UP STAIRS, second door on the right!

rhan

Smash Hero
Thank god on the new name...

S.T.A.R.S: I could possibly provide a ride to ODU on the 31st. Back is another story.

toasty

Smash Hero
wheres my old appt on that map
>_>
<_<

:(

:)
edit: sheeeeit I need to work on the resolution when I upload @_@ my bads haha

also...Otis: LOLOLOLOL @ name change hahahaha...

if I make a thread for the melee tourney will you link it in the first post so people can know the details? orrrrr I could just make a post here and you could quote that in the first post :)

that way randoms can come to this thread and still get all the info they need

Top Bottom