• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

SOVA, ITS 2010! Step ya Melee game up baby! <3

SpeedYoshi

Smash Journeyman
pay outs will be as follows
1 cnu split
2 cnu split
3 cnu split
4 cnu split
5 cnu split
6 cnu split
7 cnu split
8 cnu split
9 cnu split
10 cnu split
11 cnu split
12 cnu split
13 cnu split
14 cnu split
15 cnu split
16 cnu split
17 cnu split
18 cnu split
19 cnu split
20-x everyone else 0$

rhan

Smash Hero
CNU will show to these and take the top 19 places.
1 cnu split
2 cnu split
3 cnu split
4 cnu split
5 cnu split
6 cnu split
7 cnu split
8 cnu split
9 cnu split
10 cnu split
11 cnu split
12 cnu split
13 cnu split
14 cnu split
15 cnu split
16 cnu split
17 cnu split
18 cnu split
19 cnu split
20-x everyone else 0$
Haha.

These were funny...

Sike! Cocky aren't we?

MaSHi

Smash Journeyman
nice haha. sexy. man people don't tell me nothing haha i don't know what's going on. okay corey i'll hit you up sometimes. is there a fest of some sort happening at o-no's? haha. confused.

Malco!!!

Smash Apprentice
1 cnu split
2 cnu split
3 cnu split
4 cnu split
5 cnu split
6 cnu split
7 cnu split
8 cnu split
9 cnu split
10 cnu split
11 cnu split
12 cnu split
13 cnu split
14 cnu split
15 cnu split
16 cnu split
17 cnu split
18 cnu split
19 cnu split
20-x everyone else 0$
Booooooooo

MaSHi

Smash Journeyman
haha i can't wait to play everyone. =]. wow 2 tournies now? both melee? beast. i just read. =]. haha.

KitsuneKing

Smash Journeyman
gg's everyone. LOL @ my squanders. good **** to toasty too good. Caboose though... watch out SoVa Caboose is a monster. Top 5 in the next tourney.

I may show up on the 31st but i plan to play some HDR maybe some casuals. xD

Famous

Smash Champion
It's cause you sandbagged playing with Mario...It's your own fault...I always tell you to play matches with your MAIN characters.

It's hurting you as well. You don't even use them in tourney.

whodat

Smash Apprentice
Kadaj you and I can play. Forget about DragonCharlz. Unlike him I actually want to get better at the game and know that in order to do that I have to play against the top players.

knightpraetor

Smash Champion
so about the 23rd and 31st...

are there going to be pools? If cnu has 8 or more people, then malco brings his crew, and stars comes, and the regular sova crowd, then we will have a myriad of people.

toasty

Smash Hero
Norfolk/Virginia Beach, VA - IT'S SOVA, BABY! &lt;
pools all depends on turnout. But I'd LOVE to have pools :) Only for singles though, not for teams.

Also: I'm only doing pools if I have dedicated pool managers. There are to be NO friendlies during pools!!! If your pool ends up having an open TV because there are no matches that can be played at that moment, make an announcement about that so other pools can get finished more quickly.

Otisssss: YO you stepped your **** up sonnn!!!!

Ether! sadness bro :( But I understand...............................well...not really. But w/e haha

Boose for future SoVa star ^_^

AlcyoNite

Smash Champion
ive seen ppl several times ask whats going down in the next few weeks.

i propose that there be a SoVa EVENTS thread where all events and their happennings and logistics along with OOS entrants, prize pool, people who will show up (either by name or number of people), etc. in one thread on the First and/or Second post. While I realize this thread is good for the general community where people discuss and promote, I think there needs to be a comprehensible calendar-like thread, i.e.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Smash Tourney (Brawl ONLY)
When: August 15, 2011
Where: ODU Virginia House (Click HERE for directions)
Cost(s):
- $50 Venue Fee
- $82.34 Tourney Fee PER Event PER Person

Event(s):
-Brawl Singles
-Brawl Doubles
-Low Tier Tourney

People coming (not confirmed, but likely):
-O-NO
-Toasty
-Ether
-Caboose
-Kadaj
-Cow

OOS Contenders:
-G-Reg
-Mew2king
-Your Mom

*Pools may be administered if enough people show up
*See [O-NO's SoVA Thread] for official rules

----------------------------------------------------------------------------
Smash Tourney (Melee AND Brawl)
When: March 15, 44 B.C.
Where: Your Mom's House (Click HERE for directions)
Cost(s):
-$5 PER Event PER Person

Event(s):
-Melee Singles
-Melee Doubles
-Brawl Singles
-Brawl Doubles
-Crew Battles (To be arranged at the event)

People coming:
Around 20 or so confirmed

OOS:
None

*Your Mom's House Rules DO apply, so make sure to shower at EXACTLY 4:00 P.M. before you take part in Melee Doubles.
**If there is no room in the shower, do NOT drop the soap! We don't want another lawsuit, or else I won't be allowed to host at Your Mom's place any longer.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Etc.

After this thread is up and running, we could also have an archives/ tourney results thread where Sova legacies are kept.

What's next? a video thread you say? Lo, the possibilities are endless!!

rhan

Smash Hero
so about the 23rd and 31st...

are there going to be pools? If cnu has 8 or more people, then malco brings his crew, and stars comes, and the regular sova crowd, then we will have a myriad of people.
Does this mean you're interested to go? :)

ive seen ppl several times ask whats going down in the next few weeks.

i propose that there be a SoVa EVENTS thread where all events and their happennings and logistics along with OOS entrants, prize pool, people who will show up (either by name or number of people), etc. in one thread on the First and/or Second post. While I realize this thread is good for the general community where people discuss and promote, I think there needs to be a comprehensible calendar-like thread, i.e.
It's a good idea. It should go in the first post. But O-No isn't on very often or he's not gonna want to organize just the first page. It's already good the way it is.

*Your Mom's House Rules DO apply, so make sure to shower at EXACTLY 4:00 P.M. before you take part in Melee Doubles.
**If there is no room in the shower, do NOT drop the soap! We don't want another lawsuit, or else I won't be allowed to host at Your Mom's place any longer.
LMAO!!! You're amazing.

Makes me wish I knew how to play competitive Melee....
It's not hard. You just have to have dedication. Too bad Yoshi is extreamly difficult to play on a high level on Melee though. I wouldn't advise you to start off with him.

whodat

Smash Apprentice
Kadaj- weekends are usually a no go for me as far as gaming because I'm usually not home. I do game then, but it's usually outside of my place. I guess we will work something out. Maybe fridays?

Toasty- don't forget to hit me up. I know that you're probably all in melee mode right now with the tourneys coming up, but don't forget about me lol.

rhan

Smash Hero
Toasty/SoVA: I have interested someone in West VA about the tourney that's being hosted down here. He's willing to come down but he's also wondering if anyone could possibly house him for the night so that he doesn't have to drive 6.5 hours back to West VA in the same day. Anyone that could house him for the 31st, I'm sure he'll be greatful.

Thanks for reading. :)

SpeedYoshi

Smash Journeyman
Toasty/SoVA: I have interested someone in West VA about the tourney that's being hosted down here. He's willing to come down but he's also wondering if anyone could possibly house him for the night so that he doesn't have to drive back 6.5 hours back to West VA in the same day. Anyone that could house him for the 31st, I'm sure he'll be greatful.

Thanks for reading. :)
can offer him a floor/tiny couch/uncomfortable chair
as long as he's ok with that and people staying up til like 4am or so around him

CStick

Smash Lord
dunno whats up with me on the 24th. May have to work and miss out, but will still try and show up for support and fun.

But, I took the 31st off, so I'll be there then

edit: Jesus...this thing is looking big. Like 45 people want to come. That means that like 9 people will enter melee... Jeez, how will we configure the brackets?

royboy850

Smash Apprentice
24th and 31st Melee tournies at ODU!!!!
Where:
Virginia House on ODU campus:
4603 Elkhorn Avenue, Norfolk
[you'll see a group of massive dorm buildings next to Elkhorn between 43rd and 49th St. The building in the back left is Virginia House]
As Caboose said, you have to have someone open the doors from the inside and the windows for the common room [where this fest will be] are to the right of the dorm entrance, so just knock on the windows or call me so we can open the doors for you.

Parking:
1) On 49th St. and Blue Stone the gate at Webb Center will probably be open. You may see cars there already, but it doesn't look like a parking lot at all...so if it's empty and you think "nah that can't be it"...it probably is]
2) the garage on the corner of 43rd and Elkhorn. Park on the 2nd floor. If you're bringing setups, pull up next to where the dorms are on Elkhorn, give us a call, and we'll come get the setups, and then you can park. that way you won't have to lug a TV + other crap from the garage :)

When: 24th: 11AM-10PM
31st: 10AM-10PM

BRING MELEE SETUPS, PLEASE. TVS. WIIS. GAMECUBES. MELEE. MEMORY CARDS.

We have plenty of chairs/tables...a LOT actually, so that won't be an issue.

757-683-1796 for caboose's dorm landline

reposting info for (hopefully) new dudes

Top Bottom