• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

SOVA, ITS 2010! Step ya Melee game up baby! <3

knightpraetor

Smash Champion
lol, you're saying i should drop by; not today, though maybe i could drop by shaden's from 9-10am tomorrow? how am i going to warm up?

rhan

Smash Hero
I was implying that Alex should drive us to your place. When I get to Shaden's in the next couple hours or so I'll see what's going on. I know we're going to Alex's house tomorrow but I have no idea how long we're staying.

toasty

Smash Hero
Norfolk/Virginia Beach, VA - IT'S SOVA, BABY! &lt;
Melee Is Life Fest - a toasty event

...I like where this is going.

Unfortunately what I DON'T like is where the current discussion with my bank is going.

Times are so rough that even though I have BALLIN *** credit that would normally, under more favorable economic conditions, get me the green light for what I'm trying to get, I might not be able to get my home loan since I don't have enough collateral already to reinforce it :(

If this doesn't go through, I might miss out on this amazing housing market here and would then have to pay something closer to what the house is actually WORTH. Efffff [even though I kinda feel guilty for being able to afford the house I'm looking at...****'s knocked down to like 40% of its original price.]

Not 40% OFF. 40% OF.

knightpraetor

Smash Champion
come theo; though i'd prefer to play at your place if possible. tomorrow shaden said he might come; basically he will go if he can beat me; so i'm going to tell him about my new main...G&W!!

edit: though actually i don't know how it will all work out..i had already planned not to take shaden since he said he couldn't come. Meaning that I have a lunch meeting with a friend before the tourney, i don't know where i'd place other people before going to such an event. I don't think tourney doors even open till like 2 correct?

AlcyoNite

Smash Champion
kp, ive called, ur probably busy. ill try again in a few minutes. u can come over, but BRING A CUBE!!!

mine is messing up really badly to the point that it WONT play melee at all. and its not a problem with the disc, its the cube. so BRING A CUBE and dont forget ur controller.

toasty

Smash Hero
you guys have soo much time [to come down to GA and train with meeee ^_^] before Pound 4!

STEP IT UP!!! Brawl kids too...btw I'm glad that it seems like the Brawl scene is slowly starting back up a bit. Keep it up =D

Hopefully I'll get tons of practice time with the dudes down here...because ****it are they really good @_@ At least my Ness beat their best Marth XD!!! [Ful!Metal]

SlashTalon

Smash Ace
I love Brawl. SoVAs still alive, I see great things to come from SoVA.
TWO TOURNEYS TWO DAYS IN A ROW! ALL WITH NEW FACES (to me)!!!!!!

so awesome, Dobee we gotta team more and get our **** back on track!

We are gonna **** come January :D

OMG H4X

Smash Journeyman
NNID
rustytotallypwns
hellz ya slash!! a good 2 days!!

come practice with us sometime

SOVA IS BRAWL!!

Pitzer

The Young Lion
NNID
Pitzer757
tomorrow ill be going to kadajs new place hit us up if u wanna play i plan on practicing doubles with him so if u guys want to get ***** by us come by. Also kadaj ganon is the worst he has like over 9000, 10-90 matches it ********. Kadaj want to practice ike vs marth, and pit vs wario? i need help in those match ups

MaSHi

Smash Journeyman
i should get back into brawl...hmm. people i were playing against knew more than i did. lol. Hax taught me about d3's cg on luigi and ****. i'm so out of the game. i saw some things that i didn't know possible rofl.

OMG H4X

Smash Journeyman
NNID
rustytotallypwns
ppsshhhhh pitzer

lol mashi you def should get back in some brawl.

and apparently you can grab release to walk off fair off the edge on wario

Gaia_x

Smash Champion
Kadaj When are you moving into your new place. Me and frannie will definetly head over soon. Im picking up a new character for mks! i lost to isiah yesterday :/ Ics just cant take mks. But imma definetly need practice with this new character! So hit me up <3.

Still maining IC just picking up for Poor IC Match ups.

Edit: Mashi Get back into to brawl. I need a good player close to prac with. SoVa Brawl tourneys are getting hot right now.

Pitzer

The Young Lion
NNID
Pitzer757
Kadaj When are you moving into your new place. Me and frannie will definetly head over soon. Im picking up a new character for mks! i lost to isiah yesterday :/ Ics just cant take mks. But imma definetly need practice with this new character! So hit me up <3.

Still maining IC just picking up for Poor IC Match ups.

Edit: Mashi Get back into to brawl. I need a good player close to prac with. SoVa Brawl tourneys are getting hot right now.
He already moved into his new place Sk. I was there yesterday you should Drop by his house today. He told me he was free i might drop by there to day to.

toasty

Smash Hero
no time to read stuffs...just reposting from the June 13th tourney thread:

Toasty: hey guys, what do you guys think about making this $10? It'll draw in more people and more competition with bigger payouts and then more people will come to SoVa...or is $10 too expensive?

SoVa: :::::silence::::

Toasty: .............alright...$10 it is.

*almost 2 months later*

SoVa: yeah, we didn't go...it was too expensive.

**** you guys. This is one of the reasons I hate SoVa.

SlashTalon

Smash Ace
Reposted from june 13th thread as well:
"no Toasty, 10$ TOURNEY is fine.

10$ venue that allows no food/drink, and each guest needs to pay 10$ PLUS 10$ tourney = way too expensive.

no one wants to pay 20$ bucks for just singles when NoVA had a tourney happenin that day too."

We still had a tourney anyways, just not at that venue.

Another repost from that thread:
Hidden Machines, you just gotta get in with the peeps hosting popular tourneys for cheap.

new kids aren't trying to play expensive venues when they know they're prolly just gonna get wrecked (reason two of my new smash buds didnt go) and NoVA players aren't gonna come to small event with high venue with low turnout.

SoVA needs to do what SoVA does best: CHEAP VENUE, FUN TOURNEYS, and let's get surrounding areas interested in coming again.

Yeah it sucks our mascot/****-hype-er moved [Toasty :( ], but now we gotta step up our promoting and overall enthusiasm for just playing and supporting the scene.
I really apprieciate Aimforthefeet's effort in trying to incorporate us Smash guys in at his fighter tourney, and I take responsibility for needing to step my promotion game up too, but I really feel like I wasn't prepared in knowing what was going to happen, as I PMed AFTF several times asking him to call me to no avail.

That venue=awesome
Venue price=huge turnoff, and yeah i may be acting cheap, but come on; economic crisis, ect ect, not to mention what I stated earlier about new kids and OOSers

Sucks this tourney didnt do well, lets try to get bigger numbers and find a decent venue to house 40+
I miss NoVA, lets get em back
Thats not a SoVA squander, ****, all the OOS guys that said they were coming bailed too. SoVA was the ONLY ones who still had a tourney, sure it was 11 people, but thats pretty **** good for short notice. I told Riku to call me if a lot of Brawl players showed up, to which I didnt get any call =/

~RiKu~

Smash Cadet
slash i did try to call u after you left. it was around 3:30 when i tried to call you. 5 people showed up, and they jus played friendlies til about 8 when i left the venue.

toasty

Smash Hero
would've been nice if people posted about that, Rhan...

but whatever. what's done is done, on to the next one! I wasn't expecting a crazy amount of anything with this as it wasn't Riku's or Slash's responsibility to handle this event until Kadaj and I were both unable to run this...so thanks guys for doing what you could and I'm glad at least some form of a tourney happened :)

I agree about venue fee...I just wish people could be more vocal from the get-go :(

Top Bottom