• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

SOVA, ITS 2010! Step ya Melee game up baby! <3

Ether

Smash Ace
XD toasty

Looks likely I'm throwing something saturday, but I need tvs and cubes/wiis. Who can provide?

Also, my place is somewhat small. Not too many people can be over.

toasty

Smash Hero
Norfolk/Virginia Beach, VA - IT'S SOVA, BABY! &lt;
Seriously Ether, don't make this one of your last minute decisions XD I still remember that time I had been planning to go to my first C3 and I was sooo hyped because it was going to be HUGE (and it was) and me/you/Rahil/others were all going to go [and I think this was when we were gonna stay in a hotel with Cyrain/Isra/G-reg/etc] and like...right before I was going to pick you up, you changed your mind @_@

plz don't make the same mistaaake...this is POUND. 4.

I mean DOUG might even go [...right? XD]

PC is coming out of retirement for this so that Mango doesn't win again haha

Shaeman111

Smash Ace
XD toasty

Looks likely I'm throwing something saturday, but I need tvs and cubes/wiis. Who can provide?

Also, my place is somewhat small. Not too many people can be over.
Save room for Me,Rhan,IV,and KP. We were all supposed to go play you initially anyways!

Seriously Ether, don't make this one of your last minute decisions XD I still remember that time I had been planning to go to my first C3 and I was sooo hyped because it was going to be HUGE (and it was) and me/you/Rahil/others were all going to go [and I think this was when we were gonna stay in a hotel with Cyrain/Isra/G-reg/etc] and like...right before I was going to pick you up, you changed your mind @_@

plz don't make the same mistaaake...this is POUND. 4.

I mean DOUG might even go [...right? XD]

PC is coming out of retirement for this so that Mango doesn't win again haha
PC!? O **** my 2nd fave smasher. Get it son omfggg s.t.a.r.s. i'm soo theree! except maybe theo since he's gona be studying in NC.

The_Doug

Smash Ace
Doug, thank you so much for the info! I really appreciate it, man! And I know you'll get that killer IT job, too. One more question...how long did it take you to study for your certifications? Also, if we can find a way to meet up and practice teams, like, if I start throwing weeklies or biweeklies, I'd really like to try and team up with you for Pound 4. I actually am the best partner you will ever find because

A) I pay for my teammate's doubles entry fee, and

B) I buy my teammate a box of Chips Ahoy's finest. Chewy.

Oh, and I'm pretty good. I mean, come on, The Doug and Ether was supposed to happen long ago. Team name will be T.D.E. Stands for both The Doug & Ether as well as Total Destruction Everytime.

Smash this saturday at might place may be possible, actually. I have that day off. The only thing is, Lisa and I were going to celebrate her birthday that day. Actually, guys, today (Thursday, actually) is her birthday, so feel free to wish her a happy birthday or send b-day cards with $5 bills plx.

But seriously, I think she has plans at her parents' house sometime on saturday, so I might be free to host. I just don't know what time, so I'll get back with you all.

Well first and foremost happy birthday Lisa! Your 21st is it?

LMAO! I'll accept the cookies as I used to be 235lbs of pure fun loving and huggable Cookie Monster well back living in California. Which is also where I got some my certs inbetween 2001 and 2004. I studied some books and memorized known questions/answers for around two hours a day for a couple of weeks.

Should be free on Saturday and your possible fest tomorrow sounds like it could have some good times. Or at any point on the weekend starting now really - just give me a call if anyone is down for some Melee - 757 639 1563

rhan

Smash Hero
Sman and Rhan come to Va Beach and play with Wolf, Mashi, and I!
At least before herb :[

Btw Jray wants to know if you gonna post those matches last weekend!
I've got most of them off the tape. I have no idea if we can play before HERB. Unless Ether invites us all to his house.....

I got a E-tank of gas......

Oh ****! Ether, your fest in January (10/11/12th 16/17/18th) sounds hella tight!

If it weren't MLK weekend, I don't think I could make the drive to Maryland for your amazing fest, Ether. And that's nice that you're including Brawl, too, but amazing that Melee will still be there [for the first two days]..., AND you're buying 20 TVs over the next 6 months to prep for this?

I can't wait.

I'm going to tell the entire world to be at this.

Thanks for hosting!
I think he's trying to hint that someone should click "fest".

PC!? O **** my 2nd fave smasher. Get it son omfggg s.t.a.r.s. is soo theree! except maybe theo since he's gona be studying in NC.
We have to pre-reg before November 1st. And the prices go up the later we pre-reg. we need this money ASAP.

Shaeman111

Smash Ace
*Tape.
and ether we need your address. no one in our crew knows where you live :p
and i can get the money sometime soon after herb. hmm. im also going job hunting in august.

OMG H4X

Smash Journeyman
NNID
rustytotallypwns
kadaj lets play sometime before herb. if im able to go, id wanna get some practice in.

rhan

Smash Hero
I posted that about 5 minutes after your text woke me up.... Sue me....

and ether we need your address. no one in our crew knows where you live :p
and i can get the money sometime soon after herb. hmm. im also going job hunting in august.
I know my way around Norfolk a little bit. Also you should job hunt now. It's not as easy as it looks. I'll let you know the prices on Pound.

Ether

Smash Ace
Wow, things are looking on the up and up. I might be able to smash for most of Saturday.

My address is:

Waterford Apartments
5573 Dunloe Drive
Apartment 102
Virginia Beach, VA 23455

It's really nice...far better than my last one. When you arrive, there are two gates, one on the left and one on the right. Pull up to the gate on the right, and you will see a numeric keypad to your left. The passcode is 859. Type those three numbers, and the gate will rise. Drive straight, gazing at the ladies in the swimming pool and tennis court(or the fat men, if you are unlucky), following the road as it curves to the right. At the first intersection after the curve, turn left. Immediately after, turn right. Immediately after, find a spot to park on the RIGHT, not the left, as the spots on the right are for visitor's parking.

My number is 757-416-7362. It's a landline, not a cell, because you need credit to get a cellphone and a plan, and I have horrible credit.

I'm thinking anytime after 4pm is good. It would be nice if I can get two more tvs and cubes/wiis, since I only have one setup here.

So who is coming?

CStick
JWolf
Malco
The Doug
S-Man
KP
IV
rhan
Schoolie
Riku
Aurora
Ether

If all you mother ****ers show, then we're clearly doing draft crews, lol.

Doug - Lisa turned 23 yesterday, but she says thanks for the happy b-day wishes!

toasty - yeahhh, sorry about that C3 canceling thing...

rhan

Smash Hero
HOLY ****ING ****!

I hope I can make it. I gotta clean the gutters (Payment for HERB to my folks). I don't even know what time I'll do that. Hopefully around noon.... Then I have to get to Newport News all before4-5ish. Agh!!!! So fustrating.....

D0N

Smash Ace
Im back in time for a melee fest! To bad I suck. I think im good for 1 stock against everyone though, not that I plan on coming. I would like to see The Doug play once though, ive only heard stories. Hope it ends up being fun.

KADAJ: What time you work tomorrow??? If its not too early I can stop by then give you a ride to work when I leave. Just let me know or call me if your phone is on.

D0N

Smash Ace
Aww... 5am? they gave you the slave hours lol. Alright I guess ill just see you & Dobee when I get back then :(

When you go to herb record something with Dr.Pepe and Ragnor0k(DK). I want to see those.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=glj6R9CA7kU - me in atlanta. how'd I do? I feel like I got worse lol

~RiKu~

Smash Cadet
I'll have to miss out on tomorrow. I'll probably end up getting off around 10 tomorrow night :(.

And another thing that was kinda funny. I tried to go get BlazeBlue earlier today and it was sold out. O-NO u got any copies at your store?

_Kadaj_

Smash Hero
Throw that P***y at me? B***h I think Im Babe Ruth
Even tho he's suppose to be one of the best Luigi's You could have def. beat him both matches

I saw some random things you were doing that you dont usually do maybe its because you were nervous but if you would of played more safer and more patient you would have def. won that set :)

Famous

Smash Champion
He was using Snake too IMO...And his Luigi is defensive....If DON played more aggressive he would have won the set...

EDIT- I forgot how DON doesn't like projectiles...But yeah, you'll get some Luigi practice when you come back down

D0N

Smash Ace
Random things == Me getting worse + nerves + experimenting (why during tourney I dont know...). Thanks guys :). Safer and patient vs aggressive. hmm... I probly just gotta pplay the game more

And yea projectiles lol. BigLou is really good though, he can play a mix of characters pretty well but mainly uses those two.

AlcyoNite

Smash Champion
I am now worried that I may not be able to go to Ether's. My parents made a short-notice decision to go to VA Beach. Since Norfolk is closer to there than here, I may be able to do some logistical tweaking and sly convincing, but the point here is that I am no longer guaranteed to show :(

knightpraetor

Smash Champion
shaden, get on. If we are going to go tonight, I need to figure out the logistics, my mom has to go to a church dinner at 6 too, so either we drop her off first and go for a few hours (10 should be fine hopefully), or we need someone else to drive. Can rhan drive? I will help with gas. Since theo's not going; it might be possible. call me

Ether

Smash Ace
I am now worried that I may not be able to go to Ether's. My parents made a short-notice decision to go to VA Beach. Since Norfolk is closer to there than here, I may be able to do some logistical tweaking and sly convincing, but the point here is that I am no longer guaranteed to show :(
You know I live in Virginia Beach now, right?

Etherz: what time should we start trying to show up by?

All I gotta do is...work out. that's it. Laundry can wait, lolz
Start showing up at 4pm.

SOMEBODY BRING A TV. PLEASE. OR THIS WILL SUCK HORRIBLY.

Shaeman111

Smash Ace
Plan.
Everyone who can make it to my house by 5 will make it to ether's via Kp's grand pickup.
These people should include, Me, Rhan, Theo, and maybe G~MON.

Then we head to kp's moms church thing. Eat. Then go to ether's.
Good luck. Hopefully all plans will come together.

toasty

Smash Hero
Norfolk/Virginia Beach, VA - IT'S SOVA, BABY! &lt;
Hah the problem with saying "I live in Virginia Beach" is that it's ****ing huge.

Example: my old house, before I got into Smash, was in Virginia Beach [and like...dead center, not even close to the "outskirts" where Kitsune, and YOU, live (meaning: you're closer to surrounding cities than you are to the majority of Va. Beach)], and I still lived like 35-45 minutes from where MaSHi is in Va Beach.

knightpraetor

Smash Champion
hmm, so we may end up going to ether's at 4 and leaving around 6:10 or so. It will be a short fest, but it may have to do.. my planning could have used some work. is it possible to arrive a little earlier ether? like 3:30?

CStick

Smash Lord
awesome, I'll try and be there like...right at 4pm. I gotta leave at 8pm, so I'm gonna try and show up early so I can hog Ether friendlies.

Also, you were talking about teaming in-tourney one day, ether? If so, our team name must be "Team Effective Use of the Crouch Cancel" :p

Shaeman111

Smash Ace
NEW plans.
Theo and gmon come to my house and warm up.
KP picks us all up from my house.
We go to ether's.
The go to dinner.
Then go back to ethers till 10.
then go home.

Top Bottom