• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

SoVa/Toasty's Ghost Present: Melee/Brawl+/Brawl & more! June 13th Virginia Beach.

Famous

Smash Champion
If I come I'm MM$ the entire day if people accepts...

But I might not since I might be going to my bro's graduation....Bro=Kadaj

Gaia_x

Smash Champion
So whats the brawl turn out? Good kids? i hope so if not i feel first place coming. And thats no fun :/

~RiKu~

Smash Cadet
I'm in a little dilema ATM. My mom decided to go OoT w/ my laptop 4 the weekend, so I need someone to bring a laptop to run Tio so we can run things tomorrow.

Gaia_x

Smash Champion
I can bring my laptop with tio but my comp pad locks up so you'll have to use a wireless mouse. and stuff. I hope i win brawl! What are pay outs like?

SlashTalon

Smash Ace
I had two guests and food, I wasn't trying to pay 30$ to help run a tourney no one was coming to. I told riku to lemme know how it went cus I'm not made of money :(

=/

good venue but 10$ venue is steep for a one day tourney with no food and drinks allowed and no benefits other than a large venue.

good news (and no offense to AFTF) is we ran a small 10 person Brawl tourney with pools and it was a blast. The day wasn't wasted and Brawl still lives :D

rhan

Smash Hero
After thinking about it, the tourney was kinda bound to get a bad turnout. Only because of the date. Graduation day was today so usually after graduation they celebrate with parties n such.

I'm sure if someone was to host another tourney just like this one on a different day, it would have had such a better outcome.

OMG H4X

Smash Journeyman
NNID
rustytotallypwns
ya way too expensive. slash saved the day!!!

was the melee turn out small??

Hidden MachineS

Banned via Warnings
Toasty must be rolling in his grave. Wait he's not dead, just in Georgia.

Well, same thing XD.

But seriously it's so weird, when I first started going to brawl tourneys around September, I went to one in Norfolk and it had like 40 people, pretty good turnout. Now I'm hearing all these SOVA tourneys with less than 16 X_X bring it back SOVA!

OMG H4X

Smash Journeyman
NNID
rustytotallypwns
i had 24 entrants at my last event, and there were a whole lot of new kids

im thinking about making my next one july 5th

back is currently where were taking soVA!

SlashTalon

Smash Ace
Hidden Machines, you just gotta get in with the peeps hosting popular tourneys for cheap.

new kids aren't trying to play expensive venues when they know they're prolly just gonna get wrecked (reason two of my new smash buds didnt go) and NoVA players aren't gonna come to small event with high venue with low turnout.

SoVA needs to do what SoVA does best: CHEAP VENUE, FUN TOURNEYS, and let's get surrounding areas interested in coming again.

Yeah it sucks our mascot/****-hype-er moved [Toasty :( ], but now we gotta step up our promoting and overall enthusiasm for just playing and supporting the scene.
I really apprieciate Aimforthefeet's effort in trying to incorporate us Smash guys in at his fighter tourney, and I take responsibility for needing to step my promotion game up too, but I really feel like I wasn't prepared in knowing what was going to happen, as I PMed AFTF several times asking him to call me to no avail.

That venue=awesome
Venue price=huge turnoff, and yeah i may be acting cheap, but come on; economic crisis, ect ect, not to mention what I stated earlier about new kids and OOSers

Sucks this tourney didnt do well, lets try to get bigger numbers and find a decent venue to house 40+
I miss NoVA, lets get em back

toasty

Smash Hero
Norfolk/Virginia Beach, VA - IT'S SOVA, BABY! <
Toasty: hey guys, what do you guys think about making this $10? It'll draw in more people and more competition with bigger payouts and then more people will come to SoVa...or is $10 too expensive?

SoVa: :::::silence::::

Toasty: .............alright...$10 it is.

*almost 2 months later*

SoVa: yeah, we didn't go...it was too expensive.

**** you guys. This is one of the reasons I hate SoVa.

SlashTalon

Smash Ace
no Toasty, 10$ TOURNEY is fine.

10$ venue that allows no food/drink, and each guest needs to pay 10$ PLUS 10$ tourney = way too expensive.

no one wants to pay 20$ bucks for just singles when NoVA had a tourney happenin that day too.

StarYoshi14

Smash Rookie
i had 24 entrants at my last event, and there were a whole lot of new kids

im thinking about making my next one july 5th

back is currently where were taking soVA!
I doubt you will get a large turnout for that. People are prolly gunna be doing stuff for 4th of July.

Edit: Also, can whoever recorded the matches upload them somewhere?

Top Bottom