• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

spacing a d-air spike

legion598

Smash Ace
i need some spacing tools for the d-air spike cuz i can only land it like half the time and alot of the time i accidently footstool hop them and the d-air misses when i do that

Cisne

Smash Apprentice
The easiest way to land a dair is doing it by looking the opposite way.

The footstool dair must be done almost at the same time to make it hit.

Tip: Dont overuse dair, is not as usefull as it is at melee, you will become predictable, i mean "risky" predictable as you wont spike your enemies 10/10.

Shök

Smash Champion
True.

If you can read your opponent's airdodges and recovery,
go for it.

But, i suggest that you use Fairs and Nairs to edgeguard also.

xandeR-

Smash Apprentice
Use side-b to set up the spike.

It stops both character's momentum and allows you to spike them easier.

IDK

Smash Lord
or fair to set up spike... i also set up with fthrow to fullhop dair.

grandmaster192

Smash Ace
3DS FC
3196-5457-3748
it's different for every character.

Against Dk you can "combo" a fair to dair. But a Mario will hit you with his cape before your dair comes out. You have to figure what works on what character based on how they need to recover.

legion598

Smash Ace
i like zanders forward b set up its pretty nifty does any 1 else here think this is the hardest spike to use cuz all my other characters have a spike that i can actually use...........but not marth

IDK

Smash Lord
it's not hard if you practice it. go to training and put 3 marth's on jump and just jump with them and try to spike. eventually you'll get it. oh... and the footstool spike works perfectly. it will always spike after the footstool if you do it right. just be sure to DI the way they're facing after the footstool or you'll just footstool.

Pierce7d

Wise Hermit
3DS FC
1993-9028-0439
it's not hard if you practice it. go to training and put 3 marth's on jump and just jump with them and try to spike. eventually you'll get it. oh... and the footstool spike works perfectly. it will always spike after the footstool if you do it right. just be sure to DI the way they're facing after the footstool or you'll just footstool.
lol, everything will always work if you do it right.

Uh, for the Dair, it's all about midair spacing. Practice against lvl 9 coms. They recover low almost always, so I got TONS of practice when I trained against them. This move is easy for me, so I'm gonna go ahead and say that I must've used a decent form of practice.

Top Bottom