• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Special Melee

Vasilicus

Smash Journeyman
There's a lot of theories and ideas going around about a new form of Special Melee adn that's obviously going to happen but I'm going to pretend that it's not to keep this simple.

Let's say that it's the same it is now. What new ones would you like, what old ones wouldy ou like edited or cut?

I personally want Metal Melee, I want to cut Invisible and Fixed Button/Camera Melees, and I want Super Sudden Death to have no invinicibility time.

Ami

Smash Ace
I actually liked the Fixed Button Melee. Maybe it could be expanded so that you could choose which button could be the fixed one. But I, too, don't care much for the Fixed Camera Melee.

A Metal Melee would be cool.

How about a Paper Melee? Everyone would be 2D (much like Mr. Game and Watch and Paper Mario).

Vasilicus

Smash Journeyman
That would be a stage.

Like what tetris melee where link and kirby fall from the skies and you rotate them until they DISSAPPEAR

saberhof

Smash Master
no...i would love tetris MORE as a stage, i even have a thread for it. but i mean like special tetris like you would be playing in the tetris stage and you have to get K.O's jut by knocking your opponent off with the blocks, other K.o's wouldnt count.

Master_Sheik

Smash Journeyman
I'm digging the low gravity melee. However, I can't help but feel that characters like Kirby, Metaknight, Pit, and Jigglypuff will simply own this all the way. Ok, let's see, drop fixed button melee but keep camera melee. I scored some really classic pictues on there! Anyway, I would love to see an extreme sudden death mode with bombs raining down from the heavens! LOL, a bit too extreme? Exactly! Then, I would love to see an 8 bit melee, if nothing else, it would atleast be nostalgic . How about random scenarios, depending on the characters selected, special battle sequences will take place. Ok, these ideas suck, but I atleast tried. :p

Sora12225

Smash Cadet
I'm digging the low gravity melee. However, I can't help but feel that characters like Kirby, Metaknight, Pit, and Jigglypuff will simply own this all the way. Ok, let's see, drop fixed button melee but keep camera melee. I scored some really classic pictues on there! Anyway, I would love to see an extreme sudden death mode with bombs raining down from the heavens! LOL, a bit too extreme? Exactly! Then, I would love to see an 8 bit melee, if nothing else, it would atleast be nostalgic . How about random scenarios, depending on the characters selected, special battle sequences will take place. Ok, these ideas suck, but I atleast tried. :p
The low gravity idea is awesome! Yeah those characters would have some advantage, but they'd have to be careful to not go too high and be easy to knock off the top of the stage... And the 8-bit idea sounds... interesting! ^_^

Meh, I don't really have any ideas.... I did once upon a time.... But it's been so long

Inferno_blaze

Smash Lord
I think Extreme sudden death would rock me n my friend often just wait till sudden deat hand hide from the bombs till one dies

Kalaquinn

Smash Apprentice
1. Air Brawl - No platforms or ground. All players have infinite jumps. No stun after Up+B or air dodge. I also thought of a free fall level.
2. Ground Brawl - Can't jump.
3. "My Precious" Brawl - Each player gets assigned an item and can't loss that item for the entire match. No other items enter the fray.
4. RPG Brawl - Let's you play the game using RPG-like menus.
5. Trophy Brawl - Pick a trophy to be and then duke it out. You can only jump and move, and you have only one generic attack on the ground and in the air. Strictly just for kicks.

Zink said:
Give Stamina melee adjustable health.
And allow for lives, so that you can actually be KO'd like a normal fighting game as well as KOs off the side.

As for the low grav idea, I'd rather see each stage having its own unique gravity, similar to Meteos.

Vasilicus

Smash Journeyman
Yeah what would an RPG be like. You have a team of Bowser, Ganondorf, and Jigglypuff. You versus Pikachu, Pichu, and Ylink.

Bowser, use a fully charged Asmash!
Ganondorf, do your utilt?
Jigglypuff, Rest!

Player 1 deplayer 2 defegame!

Vasilicus

Smash Journeyman
Stickyboot mode

Lets you walk up walls and stuff..... you can walk all over the stage after you land just keep pushing in that direction. But if youw alk too far down on stages your character will die like in Mushroom Kingdom and Yoshi's Island stages.

Inferno_blaze

Smash Lord
Most of these Ideas are amazing, I hope someone at nintendo listens. Hazard mode - great fox, arwing madness like in adventure but also with bombing runs. Stickyboot mode attacking somone on the ground from on the side of a wall, I want them all! (great ideas BTW).

Toomai

Smash Ace
How about random swap mode? Every mode you do is randomly chosen from the overall unlocked character set. So say you're Link, and you a side smash that blasts fire, and then do it again but do a headbutt instead!

SkiMaskSkeet

Smash Cadet
Instablity mode; Your character randomly changes every few seconds. Meh just spitballing but I think it would be a good idea. First your Link about to throw your boomerang and then *BAM* switch to Mario and wind up caping...Sounds better on paper ><

Master_Sheik

Smash Journeyman
Instablity mode; Your character randomly changes every few seconds. Meh just spitballing but I think it would be a good idea. First your Link about to throw your boomerang and then *BAM* switch to Mario and wind up caping...Sounds better on paper ><
Wow, I actually like the idea, it would truly take a master player to perform well in this mode. You could go from being the queen of puff herself, to pichu....the electric rat that kill it self in seconds.

Inferno_blaze

Smash Lord
it'd be fine as long as it gave you warning for the change like if you were about to up b onto the stage when you change to jiggs as you press it.

Vasilicus

Smash Journeyman
How about like every character loses their Down B and instead it is a transform and they transform into a random unlocked character.

Oooh! Oooh! II just remembered abuot he WiiMote! How about point and click mode where you move your character by waving the Wiimote around and the faster you wave it the farther it thinks the control stick is being pushed?

Inferno_blaze

Smash Lord
Uh it uses the GC controller, sorry. I spose they could have a mode where 4 people play with GC controller then one person controlls the camera with the wii remote or chooses where to drop items, that'd be hilarious.

SkiMaskSkeet

Smash Cadet
Uh it uses the GC controller, sorry. I spose they could have a mode where 4 people play with GC controller then one person controlls the camera with the wii remote or chooses where to drop items, that'd be hilarious.
I like that one, cept it could be character bias or something like that. Not to mention annoying little brothers *death glare*

q222

Smash Rookie
Hey Rpg mode I have always dreamed of it, Get 3 freinds it playes normal classic and it just goes from there! Team, Gaint, Metel and all (masterhand could be cut out mabey your freinds best dude or something)

Vasilicus

Smash Journeyman
Let's try to think of things that you CANT already do with an action replay please.

Although I think doll mode where the poser code is implemented would be awesome.

Phaazoid

Basket
NNID
Mr.Grike
3DS FC
4854-6444-0859
disapearence melee where parts of the stage randomely disapear and reappear and if you are in a place where a satge reappears and it does u automaticly die or continue normally untill you either die or walk on it

P.S with the action replay you can set stamina hp and have more than one life

xenero

Smash Apprentice
Maybe a stage that constantly hurts you bit by bit except there's a few safe zones. Talk about needing to be strategic.

...uh-oh...

Top Bottom