• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Spectacular Sudden Deaths

Nowaytoeatatater

Smash Ace
You know what to do.

Just now, on a Basic Brawl (on FD, of course), I was using Marth, for lulz, and ended up in a Sudden Death against Sonic. As soon as it started, he started charging up an fsmash (which is pretty much all he did during the actual match) while I just stood there. Then I ran in and hit him after it ended. He died.

Veggi

Smash Champion
During sudden death I killed someone with Falcon Punch, then right after that I killed another person with Falcon Punch. The third guy was killed with Pit's dash attack. (lol isn't everyone?)

Another time I was using Peach versus Princess Martha and I countered one of his moves with Toad, but the Toad juice missed. So he was away from me and we just stood there and looked at eachother, so I started crouching over and over, and he started doing it too. Next I ran off the stage and sd'd.

3transfat

Smash Journeyman
It was a really defensive sudden death for me, as it was Wario on Ganondorf.

I nearly land a uair on him, he airdodges, and a Bob-omb gets clapped instead.

SharkAttack

Smash Lord
One time using Diddy against two others and a Gannon I defeated all three. I down smashed the two fighters while they were duking it out and then did a monkey flip attack on Gannon for an instant KO. That was during my 7 game SD streak with Diddy about a month ago. (Best Streak to date).

Yesterday morning with Yoshi in a four player Sudden Death I egg rolled two fighters. In that matched I was grabbed by Falco and thrown but didn't die. Later on I pulled another egg roll and went back and fourth on a shielding Falco. His shield eventually broke and I pulled an Egg Roll KO. I'm suprised the Falco didn't Shield Grab it. Better to be lucky than anything though.

chubas

Smash Apprentice
Me Samus, vs a Peach. I shot a missile, that Peach airdodged. But I approached and slapped her with a jab, that sent her directly to the missile miles away behind her. Did a strange angle, died and I loled.

Vulcan55

Smash Lord
In that Nintendo-sanctioned, brawl tourney (the day it came out, 2 minute time matches, items, random stages etc.) I was in the last round (as Pikachu) and my opponent was Link.
We ended up killing eachother once in the final round so we went into sudden death. This may seem like not a big deal, but I didn't even own a wii and we were having to use wii-chuck combo. We were jumping around for a while and I trip. just as I get up, the link walks up and tries to grab me. I manage to SH+airdodge out of the way and Fsmashed him dead.
So I advanced to the next round by an epic (then) SSD.
Too bad the time of round two was changed (earlier) and nobody told me, so I missed it. :(

JLynn943

Smash Ace
three way sudden death on basic brawl, I was Capt. Falcon (I think, using random) and I don't remember who I was facing , but right at the start I pulled a Falcon Kick (or some similar move) from the air on the one guy and I don't know what he did, but we both went flying, so the other guy who just stood there won. Probably took all of 3 seconds to happen, it was epic.

PCHU

Smash Lord
I've been in several four-way Sudden Deaths, and I have almost always come out on top.
I don't know....I've been in Ike dittos before, and I still win, with no spamming.
I must be good as an Ike player, simply because most of my online matches I win with Ike.

Feryx

Smash Apprentice
On basic brawl the otehr day there was a Snake and a Lucario who got into a sudden death. THey spawn right next to eachother, and Snake did a dash attack as soon as it started. Lucario was falling intot he background before the word "GO" even disappeared

x9whitey9x

Smash Journeyman
I was playing team brawl as Snake with a Link on my team, fighting a Bowser and someone else on Corneria. I immediately ran at the other guy and hit him with an uptilt. The Bowser dropped to the lower part of the plane, and as I chased him up the tail, Link threw a bomb that killed me. Link and Bowser didn't do anything for a second, but then Link jumped down and dair-ed at Bowser, who rolled right into a bomb.

Phantomwake

Smash Journeyman
As MK I dashed straight at a marth who shield breakered and I Dcaped him in the middle of the screen.

Royblazer

Smash Apprentice
I think I was fighting a Fox online, in a With Anyone team battle, in a sudden death. And a bomb landed on both of us and we were both sent flying off the sides, but he died first. I was probably a second away from death. xD

UltiMario

Out of Obscurity
NNID
UltiMario
3DS FC
1719-3180-2455
I was playing with MK on wario Ware against Mario, I killed him with the Dimential Cape, which I just find amazing.
Ive also been hit into the sky, then a bomb kill the other guy off the side beofore I died. Yay

Adapt

Smash Lord
I was playing my friend, samus (power armor) vs lucas, we ended up in sudden death, and i since we both had good projectiles we were spamming them at each other for a bit, eventually i zaired at him and got close, so I d-tilted for the star-KO. The second after I hit him the bombs started falling and I got KOed out the side right before he died.

I was pretty pissed after I stopped laughing

FEJunkie

Smash Apprentice
I don't remember what characters me and this guy were playing but we were on pirate ship. We were playing pretty defensively. As I was doing an air dodge, I catch a bomb. I threw it at the guy and he jumps to dodge it. As he jumps he gets hit by a bomb-omb.

Another time I was Snake playing a Pit on smashville. We spawned next to each other and as soon as the match started I Dash attack him. I lol'd.

PCHU

Smash Lord
Oh, guess what?
I was playing anyone today, and you'll never guess what happened.

Sudden Death.
Team Brawl.
Bridge of Eldin.
Samus and I (Fox) were standing there.
I was kind of afraid to approach, so I didn't, and reflected her super missile back at her.
She blocked it, and then I backed up a lot.
Bombs started raining down, and about 10 seconds later, Samus and I were still alive.
I was rolling around, Samus was standing there, and nothing happened.
About 5 seconds later, I see a bomb over head.
OH CRAP!
I dodged it, and at that moment, Samus got bomb'd.
I swear, that was the LONGEST Sudden Death EVER.

Banjodorf

Dynamic Duo
NNID
bluefalcon27
3DS FC
2105-8715-5493
Well.

I was in a basic Brawl, got into sudden death, me (Diddy) vs. Toon Link and Link. Toon Link dies, and it's just me and Link

(This is on PictoChat)

And he hits me with an arrow, I fly off the left side of the stage, and and I just back and land in wall-cling position on the side of PictoChat. He throws the gale boomerang, it goes right over me as I'ms till clinging, I jump up as it comes back, and get pulled right back to Link by the boomerang, and when it pulls me to him, I kick him in the face wth a b-air, and win the match.

It was such an epic ending, hehe.

Top Bottom