• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Speed Control on Youtube Videos

ajp_anton

Smash Lord
Don't know if the browser difference is because of HTML5 or the video format.
h264 is patented and Firefox being an open source browser can't support it like the others, so it uses VP8 instead.

As much as I hate flashplayer, together with Yousabletube Fix it's much better than the HTML5 player. And since I won't have HTML5 activated by default, I find it easier to just download the video and watch it with my favourite media player. Slow motion, frame-by-frame, backwards or whatever I want, not to mention in better quality.

Kadano

Magical Express
I find it easier to just download the video and watch it with my favourite media player. Slow motion, frame-by-frame, backwards or whatever I want, not to mention in better quality.
Soooo much this. I personally think PotPlayer works best, which one do you use?

ajp_anton

Smash Lord
Why do you hate flashplayer
1. It occasionally crashes.
2. It drops frames - a lot.
3. It drops even more frames if I do anything that needs graphics computation, like hover over links on Youtube or icons on my desktop.
4. On my laptop it consumes 50% of my CPU, killing its battery life.

Soooo much this. I personally think PotPlayer works best, which one do you use?
MPC-HC with LAV and madVR.

Top Bottom