• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Speed Demon

courte

Smash Lord
I know this is pointless, but i find samus's smash speed to be... quite weak. You could argue she's faster with an item, but in true metroid fashion, she does gain speed after a short while running without interruption. I'd like to see that implemented but then again that's just me, and it's not that big a deal as most stages are likely so short the speedboost wouldn't kick in... also i'm glad moonwalking is back, although i can't quite apply it yet... but since she's the only one who can do it in her actual game, super metroid, shouldn't she technically be the best
unless captain falcon spends his hunt time up in the club, bustin moves lol

SurooshX

Smash Journeyman
NNID
SurooshX
I love Metroid games and I'm probably one of the more bigger Metroid freaks on this forum, but the speed doesn't really bother me too much. I actually would think the Speed Booster wouldn't implement well in the game.

Did you say her moon walking is in Brawl?

ph00tbag

C(ϾᶘϿ)Ͻ
I love Metroid games and I'm probably one of the more bigger Metroid freaks on this forum, but the speed doesn't really bother me too much. I actually would think the Speed Booster wouldn't implement well in the game.

Did you say her moon walking is in Brawl?
Not specifically. You can move back and forth while firing an item, although I'm not sure this means that you can move around while charging the charge shot.

Kips

Smash Ace
I think her speed is ok but that it could also do with some work. Think about it- She has a high tech power suit, so why doesn't it increase her speed? We know that it's heavy and affords many advantages, but most suits like that have some kind of speed increasing function.

courte

Smash Lord
well... as an item i wouldn't mind, it'd be less powerful than super sonic or perhaps simply ground any enemies she walks into, but according to nintendo canon, she should at least be as fast as captain falcon

and as for moonwalking, i take it most have played Super Metroid... although i can't say i've beaten it, i'm stuck pretty early DON'T JUDGE ME!! anyhoo, in the options menu, there is the option of moonwalking, hold shoot and walk backwards to actually moon walk. i can't assume this is why she can moonwalk in melee because i don't know if that was intentionally placed on purpose, but i doubt it. Gimpyfish said someone at e for all said moonwalking is in, and if so, she might have it again. Her running attack is obviously derived from her dash ability, or perhaps in some odd form the super wave dash?? I don't think shinesparking existed when melee was made... if so that would have influenced so much more...

W.Jr

Smash Lord
From my opinion as a samus player i say her speed is straight, the thing that makes samus fast is the wavedash. Thats where the speed is @, the only down falls is in SSBB there isn't any wavwdash. But i know there going to be some new way for samus to be fast in the match.

courte

Smash Lord
well the difference between bunny hood and speed booster is that hood grants you an overall speed boost which is capped, where as in smash it would grant you invincibility while running, automatically attack whoever you touch, and gradually increase your speed over time: the only limit would be the stage's size. Similar to wario's bike in wario man mode in power

Top Bottom