• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Speed Game!

Rock Lobsta

Smash Journeyman
Just messin around in training mode one day, and came up with a new game.

The goal is to see how high of a percent you can get a fox and successfully shine him, jump and bair him. (you can start the shine off a sh, since its faster to jump out of, than off the ground)

If you dont know what I'm talking about, he uses it alot edgeguarding in this video. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vJ9R6dWVo3Y&mode=related&search=

my personal record is 280%, cant do 281%.

Honor system, so no lying, oh, and

NO C STICK.

Giggidax

Smash Ace
no cstick? this is ********. i guess if u want to try and put ur finger speed to use u can practice this way. why restrict the use of the cstick. even tho im really good at that little shine> instant bair combo with or without the cstick, this is pointless

SCOTU

Smash Hero
well, i think the point of no cstick is because it's in training mode, so you can adjust the damage, and make sure it's a combo.

Rock Lobsta

Smash Journeyman
yeah, you cant use the c-stick cause its in training mode, and you need to be able to tweak the damage precicely.

Oh, and I can do 281 now.

Miharu

Smash Hero
You realize you can just laser said opponent up to 300% (with 2 controllers ofc), then just shine to bair with the cstick? It's much easier that way.

Repryx

Smash Champion
So many Gave up before Starting...Its good to use the C-stick but upping your reflexes isnt bad neither I'l try it but not 2 nite (Dont feel like Moving...PLayed Smash ALone for 5 HRS)

SCOTU

Smash Hero
You realize you can just laser said opponent up to 300% (with 2 controllers ofc), then just shine to bair with the cstick? It's much easier that way.
you know that it takes way less effort to just hold right on the control stick, plus is more accurate, and you can move the damage down.

Acryte

Smash Ace
fingerspeed and consistency? do SHORT phantasm ledgestall infinite w/ no vulnerability frames (fun way to stall)... or pull this off (i've done it in a match), edgetech fox's downsmash into a walljumped BAIR and then short phantasm to the edge again :)

im gonna check out how high I can go though, heh.

Repryx

Smash Champion
Scotu 7 More! Uhm I thought I saw a guy in the Happy feet vid do it (I thiiiink)

HylianLord

Smash Ace
yep that was me =) phantasm stall is not "perfect" but its almost impossible to get hit out of if you do it fast enough. i'll try the speed game xD

EDIT: got 290 on first try. got 300 on third try. 308... :D 330 =) 350 :D 360.

i'll record my record if you won't believe me =) one sec ^^

SCOTU

Smash Hero
we believe you. and believe me, you can get owned, i get hit out of almost perfect firestalls sometimes. but your phantasm stall skillz are pretty crazy, one of those things that i'm still not good at (don't really plan on getting good at it, but it's still cool)

HylianLord

Smash Ace
as falco? mm i know for a fact that firestalls are not very reliable. you kind of have to time it so you grab the ledge when you think someone is going to attack you. but yea, this challenge was fun. i usually use c stick for shine -> bair because well... it's easier >_>

phantasm stalls are more reliable than firestall is, that's why i started using it xDD

Miharu

Smash Hero
And plus phantasm stall can kill people. Flame stall really can't, unless you're fox. UpB -> shinespike lol.

Tundravalco

Smash Journeyman
do you hold away on the c-stick and forward on the analog and then press b with the tip of your finger to do those stalls because i dont think its possible to just do it with the analog stick i tried so hard.

Top Bottom