• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

spike to knee?

YesISpeakChinese

Smash Apprentice
I just thought of this yesterday and wondered if it can work
Its similar to the other stomp to knee combo
I was fighting a R.O.B. (it was a lvl 9 computer if you were wondering)
i forgot the situation but i was over the rob a fair distance in the air and i managed to stomp spike him to the ground, computers have a tendency of not moving so this is questionable but i fast fell and landed a knee with him still laying on the ground.

I was just wondering at medium percentages when a person does not get spiked at a terribly fast speed, could you follow them down with a fast fall and knee them while they are still in hit stun falling in the air? or if they fall to tech, knee them while they are on the ground?

That was rather confusing... if you didn't understand i'll try to clarify lol

Red Alloy

Smash Apprentice
So you spiked him into the ground and then FF knee'd him?

That could work. It's at least worth looking into.

YesISpeakChinese

Smash Apprentice
pretty much, but it was a computer sooo not reliable info
i was thinking instead of spiking into the ground, spike earlier,
like at lower percents where they fall down but not like in a split second
you might be able to ff after them and knee

IcantWin

Smash Journeyman
Mid percents you can land a FF Knee on a spiked character as long as they don't DI or Tech, which is going to be hard to find among other players. Computers just don't provide the same level of anticipation that another human could, so any "surprise attacks" are just another string of data to them.

YesISpeakChinese

Smash Apprentice
oh.. they can di? cause i was thinking since you can't di from the normal stomp to knee you wouldn't be able to di here
oh well D:

Wogrim

Smash Lord
I think if you ever have enough time to catch up to them after the DAir before they hit the ground they'll be out of hitstun. Once they hit the ground you can try to mindgame them, but if they use the get-up attack as you come in to try to knee them while they're laying there you'll just get hit.

YesISpeakChinese

Smash Apprentice
well ayaz and wogrim, you seem to be giving the situation where the person lands on the ground
i realize i stated that situation with the computer R.O.B. but i recognized its unreliability
i meant hitting them with a stomp, with them at a mid percent were they do not fly at like obscene speeds but still get hit down.
i was wondering whether hit stun would last long enough to follow them in the air and catch them in the air witha knee since you would be at around point blank range

Ayaz18

Smash Champion
well ayaz and wogrim, you seem to be giving the situation where the person lands on the ground
i realize i stated that situation with the computer R.O.B. but i recognized its unreliability
i meant hitting them with a stomp, with them at a mid percent were they do not fly at like obscene speeds but still get hit down.
i was wondering whether hit stun would last long enough to follow them in the air and catch them in the air witha knee since you would be at around point blank range
ah, should of been more clear

regardless it probably still won't, cause you can airdodge the second after you get hit. But iv done some cool things that kinda go along your idea in the past, for instance I spike Martha, she meteor cancels and in her landing lag (while im still in the air) fast fall and knee.

YesISpeakChinese

Smash Apprentice
haha ok then
oh yeah the air dodge -_- well i don't think anyone expects something like this though, i certainly don't airdodge when i get spiked, i would instinctively meteor cancel or maybe not move, but that makes it harder land the knee if up-b is used =/ w/e ... lol
fancy maneuver though if you can pull it off :D

Edds

Smash Ace
i did this ages ago. its one of falcon's knee combos. its pretty impossible to pull off most of the time. if the target is moving and spike hitbox is pretty **** small plus they need to be knocked stright up.

Noodlehead

Smash Lord
i did this ages ago. its one of falcon's knee combos. its pretty impossible to pull off most of the time. if the target is moving and spike hitbox is pretty **** small plus they need to be knocked stright up.
moved to ike eh?
you should come back and main falcon

i.E.

Smash Apprentice
Actually....a spike on the stage into a knee is possible. I pulled it off recently...after the spike (on stage, not off), you have to predict which way they'll roll after being spiked.

just found a video doing exactly what I'm talking about:

here
^ 50 second mark.

talkingbeatles

Smash Ace
Actually....a spike on the stage into a knee is possible. I pulled it off recently...after the spike (on stage, not off), you have to predict which way they'll roll after being spiked.

just found a video doing exactly what I'm talking about:

here
^ 50 second mark.
Well, that Ness teched off the ground. It would be a different story if he hadn't. Otherwise, Falcon would be on the ground before Ness had gotten up.
I think... I don't know. I mean there's no way to predict how quickly someone will roll or get up off the ground.

i.E.

Smash Apprentice
Well, that Ness teched off the ground. It would be a different story if he hadn't. Otherwise, Falcon would be on the ground before Ness had gotten up.
I think... I don't know. I mean there's no way to predict how quickly someone will roll or get up off the ground.
There's no way to predict.
But you have to predict.

lolmindgames

YesISpeakChinese

Smash Apprentice
lol just a minor correction, everyone of you is thinking of the situation where the opponent hits the ground from the spike
i suggested the ffed knee after a spike at mid percents sends them down at medium speed and before they hit the ground
but yeah getting a spike at that height is not that common

Wogrim

Smash Lord
I doubt many people will tech a DAir like that. It was pretty awesome though. I kinda want to know who the Falcon is, but I think the Knee timing may have been luck because he did some pretty dumb stuff as well.

Top Bottom