• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Spiking & Marth Combos

Status
Not open for further replies.

l3lue2ain

Smash Journeyman
its so werid I fail at spiking with marth it usually results me falling to my death. I loved marth in Melee but he is so different in brawl . Except the tip looks like it got buffed. But it just not as easy to do without wavedashing. Also I like drago's marth seems like marth in melee to me.

Remzi

formerly VaBengal
NNID
Remziz4
3DS FC
0302-1081-8167
As long as you are on the rise as you use your dair, you won't fall to your death. And yes Brawl Marth is 100% different than Melee Marth, and should be played differently as well. I haven't watched drago much, but if you're referring to his combo video I'd recommend against using that as a guideline for your playstyle. And defensive marth is usually considered better and safer than an aggressive marth.

VietGeek

Smash Hero
Drago seems retired, and therefore his Marth is outdated.

Marth has no real combos, you must spike by using a double jump before hand, or holding down as you shorthop then press A to do dair w/o fastfalling.

You can't combo into a spike really, so eh.

VietGeek

Smash Hero
wut r u tawking about i ken combos my friends all teh time and they cant evr get out :confused:
i kno rite, i once 0-dearh comboed a guy'z gannondork w/ teen link in firendliez & he was so pissez.

Really now, you know there are no such things as combos in Brawl. All the hitstun is put onto kill moves, but you can't really combo off a kill move.

Also what I described is true and was the closest thing I will ever get to getting ladiez.

Pan!c

Smash Rookie
The simple answer is that it takes practice. That's it.

Close thread.

l3lue2ain

Smash Journeyman
>_< well its a bit diffrent if you don't know what you are looking for the next order of buisnes do you guys c-stick spike or actually press down -a

e__

Smash Ace
I use C stick often for my aerials, because I space with them a lot

C Stick also has a way to avoid the autofast fall. If you don't mash down on the C stick, you just move it enough so that the attack comes out.

l3lue2ain

Smash Journeyman
I use C stick often for my aerials, because I space with them a lot

C Stick also has a way to avoid the autofast fall. If you don't mash down on the C stick, you just move it enough so that the attack comes out.

I am going to try that...

I actually spiked someone today but I still kind of fast falled to my death however it was the last stock so I won.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom