• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

spiking

:-)

Smash Rookie
It seems like every time I try to spike someone who is recovering, i land it, but then cant get back to the stage, and end up killing myself. :urg:

So my question is, is marth's spike viable for use below stage level? or am I just screwing somthing up?

Smash Rookie
no, mostly it goes like this: walk off the side, dair, jump, upB, dont reach ledge, die

Remzi

formerly VaBengal
NNID
Remziz4
3DS FC
0302-1081-8167
Make sure you're on your way up from a jump when you use the dair spike, otherwise you'll fastfall to your death.

Smash Rookie
Thanks bengals, I think that seems to be the problem

@Swordmaster I try to avoid really huge threads

romarthx2

Smash Rookie
Make sure you're on your way up from a jump when you use the dair spike, otherwise you'll fastfall to your death.

I agree. But it's only after that timing period that you will not fast fall. But there is a bigger thance they will try recovering from below if they are characters like Ike. (btw DO NOT try to spike an Ike when your below the stage with him most likely he will use Aether and you will be the one spiked form that move). What you would probably do is jump then when you predict their next move doublejump and spike immediately. Hope this helps.

illinialex24

Smash Hero
Next time post in the "Got a qucik question, get a quick answer thread."

And watch this for how to learn how to practice spiking and tipping the actual dair well. Dair isn't that useful but learning to tip is fairly useful. And I tipped pretty abysmal in this, I generally hit 80% or more of my attempted spikes.

Spiking Practice: Cruel Brawl

3xSwords

Smash Lord
Thanks bengals, I think that seems to be the problem

@Swordmaster I try to avoid really huge threads
.... -_-

why? You don't have to read anything, you just post a question and we answer.....

seriously that must be one of the stupidest reasons not to post in the Q&A thread not to mention, this is the 4th topic in the last week on this.

chaos_

Smash Journeyman
what i do is not just rush in and spike i sh wait then spike so that i don't kill myself

Smash Rookie
.... -_-

why? You don't have to read anything, you just post a question and we answer.....

seriously that must be one of the stupidest reasons not to post in the Q&A thread not to mention, this is the 4th topic in the last week on this.

I get what you mean, but maybe i should have been clearer, Its not that i dont like reading pages and pages (though I dont) Its more that I feel wierd interrupting a page of refrences to the page before...

¯\_S.(ツ).L.I.D._/¯

Smash Legend
I get what you mean, but maybe i should have been clearer, Its not that i dont like reading pages and pages (though I dont) Its more that I feel wierd interrupting a page of refrences to the page before...
That;s even less clear, I have no idea what you are talking about.

ZHMT

Smash Lord
NNID
zeeehmtee
If you cant spike, dont do it. Your better off just doing a falling fair anyways. Seriously...flashiness will never happen effectively in Brawl, it sucks too hard.

Top Bottom