• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Spin Dash or Spin Charge

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kirby Phelps (PK)

Smash Journeyman
NNID
PKGaming
3DS FC
0989-1762-3370
Which attack is better to use or which do you use more often. I tend to use Spin Charge more often because I've had many moment when I used Spin Dash and went diving down off the stage. Spin Charge seems safer, but I've played admittedly better Sonics than me who use Spin Dash constantly and it really works.

Gregory2590

Smash Journeyman
NNID
phireblast
You want to make use of both.

However, I find myself using Spindash more often because of SDJs.(spindash jumps)

JFyst

Smash Apprentice
3DS FC
1822-1491-9293
I use spin dash more because the hop makes it safer and i feel more can be done from it.

ROOOOY!

Smash Master
NNID
Gengite
3DS FC
5456-0280-5804
It's mad how two moves that on the surface seem the same have so many different properties. It's a matter of preference really. I tend to SD early in the stock, SC moar mid-high %s.

OFY

Sonic main since 08'
I find myself using spin charge more because of it's multiple hits on shield. I use spin charge more against characters who are zoning with projectiles like Shiek or wut not. Both of them have their uses, i naturally kinda go with spin charge tho for SD>forward>nair combos

Keyo~Zakuya

Smash Cadet
NNID
HakumeiTenshi
3DS FC
1504-6123-3627
From what I've found the spin charge in my opinion kinda makes the spin dash obsolete. It does more damage, and can lead to an easy 26% from a single combo into Nair. You can jump "delay" it for mixups, you can cancel it into shield or a grab if need be. Honestly I don't even know what use spin dash has that spin charge doesn't

Camalange

BRoomer
NNID
Camalange
3DS FC
1160-9836-5007
Switch FC
SW-4197-1438-9208
Spin Dash can be shield canceled, spinshot out of from the air or ground, and goes through projectiles. It's way more versatile than Charge. It's great.

:093:

OFY

Sonic main since 08'
Spin Dash can be shield canceled, spinshot out of from the air or ground, and goes through projectiles. It's way more versatile than Charge. It's great.

The timing for spinshot with SD is kinda weird compared to Brawl, I'm still getting used to it for the grounded version. Spinshot in the air with Spin Charge is much easier to perform, just charge once and press up on the c-stick.

but yea, SD > SC yeee

Last edited:

Sonic Orochi

Smash Ace
SD:
  • to pressure with SDJ->Uairs by going from side to side (aka: when they don't know how to deal with the SD);
  • to shield cancel (quite a lot, I'm afraid);
  • to ground Spinshot;
  • up close, for the hop->jump cancel stuffs;
SC:
  • to go through shields without SCJing, turnaround, go through shields on the way back, Ftilt;
  • to hit someone who's about to land: the multihit keeps them in place and if charged right, we can stop right behind them, leading to a free grab/tilt/etc;
  • to aerial Spinshot;
  • to scare people with the charge (lol);
  • when using HA by SCJ early or SCJ ASA hitting a shield;
Probably more uses but those are the ones I could think of off the top of my head.

Last edited:

Camalange

BRoomer
NNID
Camalange
3DS FC
1160-9836-5007
Switch FC
SW-4197-1438-9208
The timing for spinshot with SD is kinda weird compared to Brawl, I'm still getting used to it for the grounded version. Spinshot in the air with Spin Charge is much easier to perform, just charge once and press up on the c-stick.

but yea, SD > SC yeee
Hm, I hadn't noticed. Once I got my C-stick back, I was just thrilled in general to be able to Spinshot consistently again lol.
  • up close, for the hop->jump cancel stuffs;
That's another big one. Combo starters off SDH are really beneficial. Big fan.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom