• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Smash Wii U SPOILERS: Palutena's Guidance

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357
With this trio around :4drmario::4lucina::4darkpit:, the "Chrom being a carbon copy" thing becomes a bit of hypocritical humor made especially jarring when you realize two of the clones are Lucina (Chrom's daughter, no less!) and Dark Pit (literal copy of Pit, no less!).

I wouldn't have minded Chrom at all and never have been anti-Chrom, even though I prefer Robin for various reasons (not just gameplay).

It is still hilarious. I actually think it's more hilarious with the clone trio around.

Of course, considering Ludwig, Dark Pit, Lucina and Dr. Mario would have gotten conversations even if they had stayed as alts, as they were originally planned to be.

Last edited:

guedes the brawler

Smash Lord
NNID
Rafabrawl
I don't see why almost everyone is so mad about the Chrom one, it was probably meant as a joke or an explanation on why Chrom didn't come, I'm sure Sakurai didn't think it'd cause mad Chrom fans.
because if you are a fan of the character you'd liek to see it rubbed in your face that someone else got in instead lal the time and also to see who the devleoper has bad taste in jokes and/or is showing incompetence.

He coudln't see potential in chrom but could see in people like Mac. Mac is awesome, don't get me wrong, but it feels awful.

SS-bros14

Smash Champion
3DS FC
4038-6159-5535
because if you are a fan of the character you'd liek to see it rubbed in your face that someone else got in instead lal the time and also to see who the devleoper has bad taste in jokes and/or is showing incompetence.

He coudln't see potential in chrom but could see in people like Mac. Mac is awesome, don't get me wrong, but it feels awful.
I'm a Chrom supporter yet I'm not upset. And, Mac isn't similar to anybody, while Chrom would probably be similar to Marth and Ike.

Reila

the true enemy of humanity is anime
First, I hope all people who call Duck Hunt by "Duck Hunt Dog" and by "he", watch the Palutena's Guidance about Duck Hunt very well.

Anyways, the conversations are pretty funny. Didn't expect Dark Pit to be working for Viridi after the events of Uprising. Also, Pit thinking the Lumas are pillows and mimicking Pac-Man was pretty cute. :)

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
SW: 5586-2837-4585
First, I hope all people who call Duck Hunt by "Duck Hunt Dog" and by "he", watch the Palutena's Guidance about Duck Hunt very well.

Anyways, the conversations are pretty funny. Didn't expect Dark Pit to be working for Viridi after the events of Uprising. Also, Pit thinking the Lumas are pillows and mimicking Pac-Man was pretty cute. :)
So Duck Hunt Dog is a girl I take it? I see but Ill still call him "he" and Duck hunt dog or just Duck hunt... you know.. seeing how I AM only playing as the dog, not the duck or wild gunman

Last edited:

MajorMajora

Smash Ace
My only disappointment is Palutena. I can get used to her voice actress, but man she lost a lot of her personality and the dynamic she had with pit. I hope they get better than the ones I've seen.

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791

Simply put, I did find the overall conversations funny, but it was in bad taste. Assuming Sakurai wrote these. It happens. His humor is different from ours, and I doubt he wanted to piss off fans. It was just an honest mistake.

I agree it wasn't a good idea. But beyond that, I let it go already because there's no reason to go nuts over it after a single rant. Mistakes happen, so we don't need to drag it out.

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
I found it rather amusing how Viridi and Pit thought that the Luma was a reluctant fighter. I guess those Luma abuse Miiverse posts that I've seen have caught their eyes as well.

DarkFalcon

Smash Champion
Heh, these are great! It has the same cheesy humor as Uprising did. Probably why some people don't like it, but I found the sheer cheesiness of Uprising's humor to be amazing, and these are great too. Especially that Chrom one. Such a punch to the gut! Expert troll Sakurai does it again!

Jaden

Smash Apprentice
NNID
jadenthemerle
3DS FC
2664-2123-0479
Except Chrom's Aether is a different animation. Go play FE: Awakening.
Then I guess the key word in Palutena's statement was "recovery". I know that Chrom's Aether doesn't give him any vertical lift, I've played Awakening. Fantastic game.

guedes the brawler

Smash Lord
NNID
Rafabrawl
I don't see why almost everyone is so mad about the Chrom one, it was probably meant as a joke or an explanation on why Chrom didn't come, I'm sure Sakurai didn't think it'd cause mad Chrom fans.

I'm a Chrom supporter yet I'm not upset. And, Mac isn't similar to anybody, while Chrom would probably be similar to Marth and Ike.
all i'm saying is that Mac had less stuff to draw from than Chrom.

if Sakurai actually went with Unique!chrom he'd probably go out of his way to ensure that wouldn't be the case, alas, we will never see it happening. damn it all.

Tino

Smash Hero
NNID
FaustinoRojo10
3DS FC
5284-1678-8857
Switch FC
SW-6232-2426-8037
I can say I wasn't quite fond of the Mega Man one. They didn't really talked about him at all but instead yell out his movesets like a bunch of 10-years olds watching Power Rangers.

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
SW: 5586-2837-4585
I can say I wasn't quite fond of the Mega Man one. They didn't really talked about him at all but instead yell out his movesets like a bunch of 10-years olds watching Power Rangers.
which is what fan did when we saw Mega man in the trailer
New video is up:
Wow, Viridi was hella thirsty for Link.... cant say I blame her

Last edited:

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357
Pit, Palutena and Viridi are starting to become almost like a satire of the fanbase at this point. :p

SS-bros14

Smash Champion
3DS FC
4038-6159-5535
This. This so much.
Seriously, I wish they just put a little more effort into Megaman's...

Spazzy_D

Smash Hero
NNID
Spazzy_D
3DS FC
1590-4700-7117
Oh, hey, it's Metroid!

I wonder if each type of Mii Fighter will get a different conversation.

Drascin

Smash Journeyman
...wow, that Chrom one seemed harsh. I'm just listening to that, and all I see is a hypocritical Viridi prancing around saying "KI deserves a clone because we're awesome, and the rest of you are not privileged [blows raspberry]" I've been wondering if Sakurai is trying on purpose to make his fanbase feel like **** since that interview where he called us all children, and this still goes along with that. Bad form. I didn't even find it funny - it basically makes FE look pathetic and KI look like rulers of the universe.
Viridi is a jerk. It's a big part of her character. Of course she's going to be making hurtful remarks. Duh.

MajorMajora

Smash Ace

GUYS
VIRIDI LIKES LINK. HIS CHEEKBONES CUTS GRLASS.
SHE THEN CALLS SAMUS METROID AND JUST
*HEAVY BREATHING*
:4greninja:

Last edited:

Syrek

The Freshest Strategist
I rather enjoyed them geeking out over Mega Man but to each they're own.

HARD KNUCKLE!!! :4megaman:

Strofirko

Smash Master
Prefer Snakes codec version, these kid icarus ones are cringe worthy at best and they talk more amongst themselves instead of the character(ness is the perfect example).

Captain falcon one was amazingly done in Snakes unlike this one. That's my opinion.
Well because disliking sonic for no apparent reason is praising the character.:troll:

Strofirko

Smash Master
If anything it was really teasing fans for thinking Chrom was a guaranteed addition to the game and nothing could change that. If it wasn't for the fans (ironically), I doubt Chrom would've gotten the same treatment he did and teased in such a fashion.
Thanks the gematsu prophets,and the inexistent patterns of "Lords only" for this one.

Top Bottom