• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Spoon Sword Social

Chiroz

Tier Lists? Foolish...
NNID
Zykrex
Which is kind of funny, as they have used Triple Finish in the manga. :pt:

Have never been serious about the spoon, but I do love the manga, think it's cool/unique, and think it'd be an easy buff (not that that matters anymore).

Triple Finish isn't really an original concept from anyone in any media, if you ask me. Any kid and their grandma's who played Red/Blue knew these attacks as the starter's "strongest attacks". We all dreamed of doing all 3 attacks at once (you can add Blizzard + Thunder + Hyper Beam to that list too).

It's like Mewtwo using Psystrike a finisher of any kind. It's what you expect him to do.

Last edited:

Eisendrachen

Smash Hero
NNID
Das_Ritter
3DS FC
5026-4732-8503
in the case, i admit never is too strong. but a single thing over almost 20 years doesnt change my point too much, right? ;) im also fairly certain ashes pokemon have done a triple finish type move numerous times. was it actually called triple finish in the comic?
Not going to comment as I stopped watching the anime sometime during Johto, but :pt: was PokéSpe Red, I believe?

The Goldenbrawler

Smash Ace
NNID
Frost3
3DS FC
3840-6562-5991
I ended up going on Amazon and bought a Lucina amiibo for about 35 dollars. Not freaking out as much anymore.

LoveGame

Master of the Disco Stick
NNID
HanabiKawai
3DS FC
5129-1774-2334
I wanted to wait for the hype from yesterday's Mewtwo video to die down a bit before I posted again. I just wanted to talk about how deserving of a fanbase we've become and how far we came. I only hope this post holds a candle to @ NonSpecificGuy NonSpecificGuy 's post about us back when Mewtwo first got confirmed.

We got Mewtwo in Melee and loved him. "He sucks!" "He's low-tier!" they said, but we didn't care, we loved his design and his unique playstyle, even if our legendary psychic cat wasn't true to his "legendary" origins. Through the efforts of people like Taj and M2K, we realized he wasn't the worst character in the game. Much like Roy, a lot of us liked him despite the tier status and he became something of a breakout character.

Then came Brawl, and he was the only non-clone to get cut. Most of us know now that along with Roy, he was intended to be in the game, but the extensive time put into the SSE caused him to be put low on the priority list and eventually removed. However, a lot of people at the time thought Mewtwo just wasn't relevant anymore. The Kanto starters came in, and Lucario was added due to his popularity and to further hype up the recently-released 4th gen, but a lot of us held out hope. Still others were apparently heavily against his inclusion. It was rumored that there was a petition to make sure Mewtwo wasn't in Brawl. (Look this up, it's weird stuff)

Either way, he was by far the most missed of the cut characters. As the outcry grew, some creative ******** called the PMDT put all their efforts into modding Brawl to make it competitively viable, and after over 700 hours of work, we had a restored Mewtwo and even Roy! This time, he was much more viable and even top-tier in a few folks' eyes!

With all the demand for Mewtwo ever since the early days of Brawl, Nintendo was sure to add him back, right? We thought so, but as more and more of Smash 4 was revealed, we realized that there was no sign of Mewtwo and all of the leaks were just faked to get our hopes up. By this point, most of the community was against us. The competitive players continued to point towards his poor tournament placings and tier list, and the casuals just said he was "overrated" and "irrelevant", and went on and on about how Lucario and Greninja were so much better. We were assaulted with various forms of ridicule for even thinking Mewtwo had a chance, like the infamous "drinking our tears" joke.

Admittedly, some of the Mewtwo fans were no better, claiming the whole game was ruined because he wasn't in, or something to that effect, and straight up bashing anyone who liked the new characters, such as calling Lucario "furbait". Still, we of the Mewtwo Social weren't like that. I myself once posted in a thread stating simply that I liked Melee's roster, and some guy who's name I don't remember or care to remember outright called me "stupid" just because Smash 4's had more characters. He told me Mewtwo was cut from Melee and never coming back.

Then came the 50 facts video, and with it came the biggest "I told you so" in the community. Mewtwo was coming back as the first ever downloadable character. Fast forward to April of 2015, and we get his first gameplay trailer, along with the return of Lucas, a character that the boards had a whole lot of PK Love for since the Brawl era!

Now, in just two weeks or so, our old main will be back and better than ever (I mean, did you see how little landing lag there was on his aerials?!)! And for that, I just want to thank and congratulate you all. For over six years of perseverance, determination, and never giving up hope on the original Legendary Pokemon. For believing in the Mew who believes in Two, Mewtwo fans are some of the best people I've met in the community. After all...

Just who the hell do you think we are?!

GreninjaTwo

Smash Apprentice
NNID
NintenTheScout
3DS FC
0989-1996-0168
Honestly, the voice is just a small part of what makes Mewtwo to me. I mean, granted, I would be pretty upset if they decided to Miriam on us (No offense) but I would still play him. He is just so awesome that he could literally have fart noises for every attack and I would still play him.

Last edited:

Eisendrachen

Smash Hero
NNID
Das_Ritter
3DS FC
5026-4732-8503
Honestly, the voice is just a small part of what makes Mewtwo to me. I mean, granted, I would be pretty upset if they decided to Miriam on us (No offense) but I would still play him. He is just so awesome that he could literally have fart noises for his dialogue and I would still play him.
I did mention that if it is Femtwo it should be Mari Devon as the VA, so no, no offense taken.

Though I wouldn't quite go so far as to accept fart noises here... Smash is silly, but not that much...

kirby3021

Smash Journeyman
The character behind the voice makes a difference for me when deciding who to main. That's why I'd be disappointed with Femtwo, 'cause I personally didn't like her character. It's also why I'll never main Diddy-like him in Donkey Kong, hate him in Smash. That's just my opinion though. I can understand where people are coming from when they say they wouldn't play a character because of the voice and I'm not going to knock anyone for preferring one voice over another.

Now that that topic has been beat to death, on to another note: it is our holy mission to crush the onslaught of Mewtwos in For Glory as we represent our beloved main! I'm hoping he's high-tier but difficult to play well so that the only good Mewtwos will be those who dedicate themselves to mastering him and bringing out his true potential.

itsaxelol

Smash Ace
Honestly, the voice is just a small part of what makes Mewtwo to me. I mean, granted, I would be pretty upset if they decided to Miriam on us (No offense) but I would still play him. He is just so awesome that he could literally have fart noises for his dialogue and I would still play him.
voice isnt the only difference, there is a huge chance that he would lose a lot of what makes him "awesome" to you

Last edited:

The Goldenbrawler

Smash Ace
NNID
Frost3
3DS FC
3840-6562-5991
Speaking of Amiibo (at least on my end), when do you all think we'll all get Mewtwo and Lucas Amiibos? I have Meta Knight shipped, Lucina will be on the way soon, that just leaves Mewtwo and...whoever could take my possible 4th main position. :p

Eisendrachen

Smash Hero
NNID
Das_Ritter
3DS FC
5026-4732-8503
voice isnt the only difference, there is a huge chance that he would lose a lot of what makes him "awesome" to you
Someone must not care for Digimon, then.

Honestly, if I have my way, we'd see Femtwo catching back up in terms of bad*ssery. But we all know how likely that is...

Chiroz

Tier Lists? Foolish...
NNID
Zykrex
Because a good portion of that majority - or at least a very vocal portion - decided they were going to act like sugar-doped twelve-year-olds about it, yes. I honestly will feel for those of you who at least kept out of the ad hominem when discussing it if it comes to pass, but the surest cure for spoiling is to deny the brats what they want.

Counterpoint: Thus far Sakurai has cared more for surprise and shock value than what anybody playing the game might actually have wanted. He's put in what he wants, end of story. Which means, yes, if Sakurai wants it to be Femtwo, then it will be so, regardless of what the "majority" wants.

Lot of dumb decisions so far, though... it wouldn't break the pattern in the least. I'll just not draft whatever I'll be committing until I've confirmed it myself, because in this age of technology I honestly don't trust anyone here not to edit their preferences into gameplay videos somehow, nor to be entirely honest when reporting it on the forums.

As I've said, I expect I'll be hitting the knee either way once I have it.
The one being the biggest brat is you. So by your logic Sakurai should deny you of Femtwo so that you can learn to not be one.

Sakurai doesn't value shock and surprise above all things. Only "spoiled brats" think that. Count how many characters were changed to match their newest iterations vs how many didn't change. Count how many newcomers were wanted vs how many were surprises. Count how many features were included for fan service vs feautres that were included to throw us off.

People who think they deserve everything they want can get 10 things they want and then claim that they have never been given anything at the very moment they get 1 thing they do not want. That's what you're doing, and that my friend is how a spoiled brat acts.

Anyways, let's be done with this argument. It's gone on long enough and I'd rather stop it.

Last edited:

U-Throw

Smash Lord
NNID
GKB21101
Oh my gosh! All of The Wonderful 101 love on this thread... It's wonderful!
Yeah, it really is a diamond in the rough. Personally, The Wonderful 101 is the greatest game of all time, no questions asked. Hopefully, the poor ratings won't stop Nintendo from making a sequel or including him in Smash. And, if we all unite up and vote for Wonder-Red on the DLC Fighter Ballot, our dreams just might come true!
Also, Wonder-Black is my favorite. I just can't help but love the little guy! And, has it ever occurred to anybody how unbelievably awesome it would be if Steve Blum (Jergingha) or Bob Joles (Gimme) voiced Mewtwo? They both fit so well, and I would absolutely die if it actually happened. Of course, the odds are stacked against me on this one, but, hey, a guy can dream.

Eisendrachen

Smash Hero
NNID
Das_Ritter
3DS FC
5026-4732-8503
The one being the biggest brat is you. So by your logic Sakurai should deny you of Femtwo so that you can learn to not be one.

Sakurai doesn't value shock and surprise above all things. Only "spoiled brats" think that. Count how many characters were changed to match their newest iterations vs how many didn't change. Count how many newcomers were wanted vs how many were surprises. Count how many features were included for fan service vs feautres that were included to throw us off.

People who think they deserve everything they want can get 10 things they want and then claim that they have never been given anything at the very moment they get 1 thing they do not want. That's what you're doing, and that my friend is how a spoiled brat acts.
Thing is, a "spoiled brat" also does not consider that they might be in the wrong. I have, and fully intend to say as much when the proper thread comes up. Whether or not that will also include my opinion on "which" Mewtwo is in is entirely dependent on that DLC.

And, in point of fact? Mewtwo will in fact be the first thing I've wanted for this game that I'll have gotten. The fact that I'll be sharing it with no small number of people who attacked me for having an open mind about it is what pisses me off.

NonSpecificGuy

The Extraordinary is in What We Do
Super Moderator
Premium
Writing Team
NNID
Goldeneye2674
3DS FC
0989-1770-6584
I wanted to wait for the hype from yesterday's Mewtwo video to die down a bit before I posted again. I just wanted to talk about how deserving of a fanbase we've become and how far we came. I only hope this post holds a candle to @ NonSpecificGuy NonSpecificGuy 's post about us back when Mewtwo first got confirmed.

We got Mewtwo in Melee and loved him. "He sucks!" "He's low-tier!" they said, but we didn't care, we loved his design and his unique playstyle, even if our legendary psychic cat wasn't true to his "legendary" origins. Through the efforts of people like Taj and M2K, we realized he wasn't the worst character in the game. Much like Roy, a lot of us liked him despite the tier status and he became something of a breakout character.

Then came Brawl, and he was the only non-clone to get cut. Most of us know now that along with Roy, he was intended to be in the game, but the extensive time put into the SSE caused him to be put low on the priority list and eventually removed. However, a lot of people at the time thought Mewtwo just wasn't relevant anymore. The Kanto starters came in, and Lucario was added due to his popularity and to further hype up the recently-released 4th gen, but a lot of us held out hope. Still others were apparently heavily against his inclusion. It was rumored that there was a petition to make sure Mewtwo wasn't in Brawl. (Look this up, it's weird stuff)

Either way, he was by far the most missed of the cut characters. As the outcry grew, some creative *******s called the PMDT put all their efforts into modding Brawl to make it competitively viable, and after over 700 hours of work, we had a restored Mewtwo and even Roy! This time, he was much more viable and even top-tier in a few folks' eyes!

With all the demand for Mewtwo ever since the early days of Brawl, Nintendo was sure to add him back, right? We thought so, but as more and more of Smash 4 was revealed, we realized that there was no sign of Mewtwo and all of the leaks were just faked to get our hopes up. By this point, most of the community was against us. The competitive players continued to point towards his poor tournament placings and tier list, and the casuals just said he was "overrated" and "irrelevant", and went on and on about how Lucario and Greninja were so much better. We were assaulted with various forms of ridicule for even thinking Mewtwo had a chance, like the infamous "drinking our tears" joke.

Admittedly, some of the Mewtwo fans were no better, claiming the whole game was ruined because he wasn't in, or something to that effect, and straight up bashing anyone who liked the new characters, such as calling Lucario "furbait". Still, we of the Mewtwo Social weren't like that. I myself once posted in a thread stating simply that I liked Melee's roster, and some guy who's name I don't remember or care to remember outright called me "stupid" just because Smash 4's had more characters. He told me Mewtwo was cut from Melee and never coming back.

Then came the 50 facts video, and with it came the biggest "I told you so" in the community. Mewtwo was coming back as the first ever downloadable character. Fast forward to April of 2015, and we get his first gameplay trailer, along with the return of Lucas, a character that the boards had a whole lot of PK Love for since the Brawl era!

Now, in just two weeks or so, our old main will be back and better than ever (I mean, did you see how little landing lag there was on his aerials?!)! And for that, I just want to thank and congratulate you all. For over six years of perseverance, determination, and never giving up hope on the original Legendary Pokemon. For believing in the Mew who believes in Two, Mewtwo fans are some of the best people I've met in the community. After all...

It took me a while to remember what you were talking about but I assume you mean this?
NonSpecificGuy said:
You guys are, in my opinion, the most deserving fan base. What a tough cut from Brawl yet y'all stuck with him. Congrats my friends you've earned it. I can only hope Wolf and Snake get the same treatment.
Pretty sure you destroyed my post. :)

Scavenged through the old thread and saw the "dating Mewtwo conversation" *shivers*

http://smashboards.com/threads/fact...way-social-general-discussion.324191/page-309

Ah, good times.

Last edited:

Chiroz

Tier Lists? Foolish...
NNID
Zykrex
Thing is, a "spoiled brat" also does not consider that they might be in the wrong. I have, and fully intend to say as much when the proper thread comes up. Whether or not that will also include my opinion on "which" Mewtwo is in is entirely dependent on that DLC.

And, in point of fact? Mewtwo will in fact be the first thing I've wanted for this game that I'll have gotten. The fact that I'll be sharing it with no small number of people who attacked me for having an open mind about it is what pisses me off.
So you don't like Link, or Mario, or Pikachu, or Charizard or the fact that tripping is gone? The fact that the engine is faster, gravity is stronger, hitstun actually matters? None of the newcomers, none of the new stages?

Why are you playing the game then?

Last edited:

Schnee117

Too Majestic for Gender
Switch FC
6660-1506-8804
Oh my gosh! All of The Wonderful 101 love on this thread... It's wonderful!
Yeah, it really is a diamond in the rough. Personally, The Wonderful 101 is the greatest game of all time, no questions asked. Hopefully, the poor ratings won't stop Nintendo from making a sequel or including him in Smash. And, if we all unite up and vote for Wonder-Red on the DLC Fighter Ballot, our dreams just might come true!
Also, Wonder-Black is my favorite. I just can't help but love the little guy! And, has it ever occurred to anybody how unbelievably awesome it would be if Steve Blum (Jergingha) or Bob Joles (Gimme) voiced Mewtwo? They both fit so well, and I would absolutely die if it actually happened. Of course, the odds are stacked against me on this one, but, hey, a guy can dream.
Just get Troy Baker to voice him like he voices almost every character ever.

LoveGame

Master of the Disco Stick
NNID
HanabiKawai
3DS FC
5129-1774-2334

Eisendrachen

Smash Hero
NNID
Das_Ritter
3DS FC
5026-4732-8503
So you don't like Link, or Mario, or Pikachu, or Charizard or the fact that tripping is gone? The fact that the engine is faster, gravity is stronger, hitstun actually matters? None of the newcomers, none of the new stages?

Why are you playing the game then?
Link, Mario, and Pikachu have been in the game since the beginning and therefore had no chance of being cut, or so I'm told.

I could play as Charizard in Brawl if I wanted. If I wanted no tripping, I could nip back to Melee.

None of the newcomers this time around were characters that I actually wanted, so much as characters I looked at and thought "huh, might be interesting." Except for that ****ing dog.

I wanted one other thing in this game, and at the time I preordered it I had thought that character would finally be getting a chance. And, yep, not only was I wrong, that character was also made into a stage hazard that almost nobody would ever see, with the most half-arsed model I've yet seen to boot.

But I followed through and bought the game anyway, because at the very least I thought I'd like to see how the newcomers would play and what if anything was done to the old hands. Nothing in this game has so far been anything I've wanted, only things that I find cool to have.

Last edited:

CryoGX

Smash Journeyman
NNID
CryoGX
*Great wall of text*

Dude, freaking amazing summation of pretty much everything. Almost made me cry man. I nearly went insane trying to find tidbits that could possibly confirm Mewtwo's existence before it got confirmed, to the point of trying to overanalyze the grammar in the "You've unlocked every fighter!" notification.

I remember the "MEWTWO (action) AT PETTY NONBELIEVERS" thing I kept doing. Glad that wasn't in vain, even though it obviously had no effect on Mewtwo's inclusion. Even in real life I was making bets with myself that if I did, or could do something a certain way, Mewtwo would somehow be confirmed. Kinda crazy and incredibly irrational, but hey, got Mewtwo, so I'm good.

Now that I think about it, speculating around Mewtwo was the sole reason I even became active on Smashboards. I made my account far before then, but simply didn't do anything on it. So thanks to Mewtwo I started using one of my favorite forums :3

Good times indeed. Glad you enjoyed my post. I sort of imagined all the regulars posing together as we said the quote at the end. Lol
Holy crap everything in that thread feels like ages ago.

Last edited:

Chiroz

Tier Lists? Foolish...
NNID
Zykrex
Link, Mario, and Pikachu have been in the game since the beginning and therefore had no chance of being cut, or so I'm told.

I could play as Charizard in Brawl if I wanted. If I wanted no tripping, I could nip back to Melee.

None of the newcomers this time around were characters that I actually wanted, so much as characters I looked at and thought "huh, might be interesting." Except for that ****ing dog.

I wanted one other thing in this game, and at the time I preordered it I had thought that character would finally be getting a chance. And, yep, not only was I wrong, that character was also made into a stage hazard that almost nobody would ever see, with the most half-arsed model I've yet seen to boot.

But I followed through and bought the game anyway, because at the very least I thought I'd like to see how the newcomers would play and what if anything was done to the old hands. Nothing in this game has so far been anything I've wanted, only things that I find cool to have.
See you consider none of these characters as could be cut or changed and you don't appreciate that you get them as you want them because you expect to get them that way. If Sakurai wanted to "shock and surprise" you he could cut Mario. He doesn't because it's expected that he won't by fans.

This is why I told you that "spoiled brats" don't value what they get, they just feel they deserve it. Which is your case right now. Honestly

Sakurai values surprises, he doesn't value it as much as you would think, he only has a good sense of humor. If nothing in this game has been what you wanted then why don't you play Brawl or Melee, give me one good reason why you're still playing it.

Once you respond, I'll respond to you on a PM. This has gone long enough in the thread.

Last edited:

U-Throw

Smash Lord
NNID
GKB21101
I feel like a wanted person, my likes have officially surpassed the amount of messages I have posted.

I remember that feeling, too! It made me feel like I was truly loved:). Or, at least, well liked:p.

Also, does anyone know what song they played in Mewtwo's trailer? I feel like I've heard it before, but I can't quite put my finger on it...

OmegaSorin

The Lucky Hero
NNID
Semjax
Here take another:

That like came from the moon!
You guys are the best.

I remember that feeling, too! It made me feel like I was truly loved:). Or, at least, well liked:p.

Also, does anyone know what song they played in Mewtwo's trailer? I feel like I've heard it before, but I can't quite put my finger on it...
Does wonders for the Self-Esteem Issues I have Lol.

Last edited:

Deathlightning21

Smash Lord
NNID
Deathlightning21
3DS FC
1779-0225-2026

Chiroz

Tier Lists? Foolish...
NNID
Zykrex

Ruby/Sapphire champion road.

I was amazed I knew exactly what it was. I haven't playd that game since it first released. (I don't have OR/AS)

Eisendrachen

Smash Hero
NNID
Das_Ritter
3DS FC
5026-4732-8503
This is why I told you that "spoiled brats" don't value what they get, they just feel they deserve it. Which is your case right now.
Hm. I'm going to go out on a limb here and guess you feel that we "deserved" to be strung along for a year and needled about it by those who would know as well as those here on SmashBoards, when Sakurai could have followed his own example and told us of our character's fate at any point? Is that at all accurate? Because if so, we're done. I never felt as though I "deserved" Ridley to be on the roster. I felt betrayed that it would be dragged out for so long, when every other character who was confirmed non-playable got that confirmation nigh immediately. I know nobody here "deserved" that treatment, regardless of what you think about whether Ridley can be playable.

And... it's rather ignorant to believe that somebody can't play a game without wanting it. Have you never bought something on a whim? Never received something as a gift, that you didn't want but found enjoyable afterward? Consider that for a moment. I play the game because I spent money on it, because I own it. And that is sufficient reason.

Schnee117

Too Majestic for Gender
Switch FC
6660-1506-8804
You guys are the best..
If I wasn't trying to tide over my Game of Thrones Season 5 hype it'd have been a different gif.
That particular week Mewtwo releases for CN people is busy too.
Mortal Kombat X
Game of Thrones
Mewtwo
GTA V

I'm spoilt for choice on what to do.

Last edited:

Range

Smash Apprentice
3DS FC
2079-7847-2811
Thanks to the help of U-Throw and NonSpecificGuy, as well as almost everyone else, I have about 3 times as many likes as I do posts.

I feel so loved!

Eisendrachen

Smash Hero
NNID
Das_Ritter
3DS FC
5026-4732-8503
If I wasn't trying to tide over my Game of Thrones Season 5 hype it'd have been a different gif.
That particular week Mewtwo releases for CN people is busy too.
Mortal Kombat X
Game of Thrones
Mewtwo
GTA V

I'm spoilt for choice on what to do.
Split the difference, play a game mod in which Mewtwo savagely destroys the fighters from Mortal Kombat and steals horsecarts. :p

MrSmashFour

Smash Journeyman

At the start? It was the Elite 4 music.

DrRiceBoy

Smash Lord
NNID
ricesenpai
3DS FC
4699-6411-5910
Thanks to the help of U-Throw and NonSpecificGuy, as well as almost everyone else, I have about 3 times as many likes as I do posts.

I feel so loved!
Yeah! People are very likable and friendly in this thread. :grin:Makes me feel giddy every time someone likes one of my posts. I like how pretty much everybody gets guaranteed 2 likes each post because of those two.

Last edited:

---

鉄腕
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
TripleDash
3DS FC
1719-3728-6991
Switch FC
SW-1574-3686-1211

Not a good sign for new music IMO.

Aninymouse

3DS Surfer
3DS FC
3540-0120-0225
No one should EVER care if Mewtwo is Male or Female.
Overstatement much? No one should EVER care about Mewtwo's voice? Really? Clearly, a lot of people DO CARE about this issue. Stop minimizing other people's opinions because they are different.

From the VERY BEGINNING, *I* was one of the few people who consistently said that I did not hate or dread the female voice. Igzex has been almost the exclusive fan of that voice actress this entire time. Why did everyone else suddenly change their mind? Why is all this tolerance suddenly oozing out of the woodwork? At least I can claim to be consistently tolerant.

And I still am. I want a male or feral voice for Mewtwo, bu I could live with a female voice. I'd still main Mewtwo. I even think movie 16 Mewtwo is kind of cute or noble, but... a "cute or noble" Mewtwo is not the character that 80% of Smashboards Mewtwo fans want. I don't want it, really, but I could tolerate it.

Everyone needs to get off their high horse.

Chiroz

Tier Lists? Foolish...
NNID
Zykrex
Overstatement much? No one should EVER care about Mewtwo's voice? Really? Clearly, a lot of people DO CARE about this issue. Stop minimizing other people's opinions because they are different.

From the VERY BEGINNING, *I* was one of the few people who consistently said that I did not hate or dread the female voice. Igzex has been almost the exclusive fan of that voice actress this entire time. Why did everyone else suddenly change their mind? Why is all this tolerance suddenly oozing out of the woodwork? At least I can claim to be consistently tolerant.

And I still am. I want a male or feral voice for Mewtwo, bu I could live with a female voice. I'd still main Mewtwo. I even think movie 16 Mewtwo is kind of cute or noble, but... a "cute or noble" Mewtwo is not the character that 80% of Smashboards Mewtwo fans want. I don't want it, really, but I could tolerate it.

I agree.

My biggest ripe against the female voice was Mewtwo losing his personality. He already has that personality and some in his animations. He also has that "Savage" Mewtwo expressions and facial traits that Femtwo was missing. I am truly happy with his portrayal. If the voice ends up being female I don't care anymore as it would have everything else MaleTwo had. I would still think of it as MaleTwo with a voice change instead of Femtwo.

Last edited:

ORVO5

Smash Lord
3DS FC
4785-5813-6727

Great post Aninymouse, and I agree. The way Mewtwo looks, acts and moves look masculine to me, if not just a revamped Melee version. Not to mention the Mewtwo Strikes Back title, odds are it's gonna be the Melee-Origin sounds, hence more male. I could live with Femtwo as well but very much prefer the ORIGINAL male Mewtwo because that's the Mewtwo I grew up with.

Top Bottom