• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Spoon Sword Social

FUEGO!

Smash Journeyman
NNID
MontyRattata
I think he always was that fast in the air unless the 1.1.3 topic just didn't report an air speed change that actually happened.
I'd say there's a damn good chance that's the case. Now we're 3rd in the air AND 7th on the ground, and It's the best thing ever.

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
None of the patch notes say it though and it seems like it was just falsely reported on Smashwiki.
I went through the history of each article, and apparently, Mewtwo's air speed was originally set to 1.15 before it was changed to 1.25.

However, some articles are contradicting with each other on if Mewtwo's air speed ever did get changed, and it's pretty much impossible to revert back to an older version of the game. As such, there's no way to know if Mewtwo's air speed was always 1.25.

Last edited:

Murlough

Euphoria
NNID
Murl0ugh
3DS FC
4828-8253-7746
I got a big tournament saturday and don't want to screw up my inputs or anything beforehand so I won't be trying Bidou for a few days.

Its the first tournament I've ever been to that is being streamed and uploaded to youtube. I'm so nervous and excited at the same time. Hopefully, all the practice I've been doing will pay off.

3DS FC
2595-4014-1734
I got a big tournament saturday and don't want to screw up my inputs or anything beforehand so I won't be trying Bidou for a few days.

Its the first tournament I've ever been to that is being streamed and uploaded to youtube. I'm so nervous and excited at the same time. Hopefully, all the practice I've been doing will pay off.
Where here for you man screw up or blow up I will always be proud to see a mewtwo main at work

ZephyrZ

But.....DRAGONS
NNID
AbsolBlade
3DS FC
4210-4109-6434
Switch FC
SW-1754-5854-0794
Well, looks like I won't be getting Pokken as soon as I thought.
Although I did manage to get my hands on Fire Emblem: Radiant Dawn after trying to get it since forever, so I'm not that upset.

3DS FC
2595-4014-1734
Well, looks like I won't be getting Pokken as soon as I thought.
Although I did manage to get my hands on Fire Emblem: Radiant Dawn after trying to get it since forever, so I'm not that upset.
Don't be sad I been put a order in and I still hasn't shipped it's killing me

Kabutops

Smash Journeyman
Was pre-1.1.3 Mewtwo really that bad? I know the buffs made a difference but was he really a bottom-of-the-barrel tier character prior to the latest patches?

Last edited:

The Goldenbrawler

Smash Ace
NNID
Frost3
3DS FC
3840-6562-5991
So, I'm going with 2 mains (As I've stated multiple times). First is Lucina, as I wanted to main her since she was announced. 2nd is between 2 favorite veterans: Mewtwo, and MK. MK got hit with nerfs, not too badly though, and Mewtwo's got some major buffs. Difficult choice. I suppose either way, I can make the one I don't choose a pocket later on. *shrug*

Last edited:
3DS FC
2595-4014-1734
So, I'm going with 2 mains (As I've stated multiple times). First is Lucina, as I wanted to main her since she was announced. 2nd is between 2 favorite veterans: Mewtwo, and MK. MK got hit with nerfs, not too badly though, and Mewtwo's got some major buffs. Difficult choice. I suppose either way, I can make the one I don't choose a pocket later on. *shrug*
MK Is still good he's just less janky now

Last edited:

Browny

Smash Hater
Was pre-1.1.3 Mewtwo really that bad? I know the buffs made a difference but was he really a bottom-of-the-barrel tier character prior to the latest patches?
No. People just watched a Mew2King video where he couldnt dthrow-uair and gave up to play sheik and they dismissed him as bottom tier for having 'no combos' despite that his dtilt-fair-fair did more damage than everyones' throw combos that weren't named ZSS.

Last edited:
3DS FC
2595-4014-1734
No. People just watched a Mew2King video where he couldnt dthrow-uair and gave up to play sheik and they dismissed him as bottom tier for having 'no combos' despite that his dtilt-fair-fair did more damage that everyones throw combos that werent named ZSS
I'd say he was low tier a least he had a bunch of strengths

KuroganeHammer

It's ya boy
BRoomer
NNID
Aerodrome
I think he always was that fast in the air unless the 1.1.3 topic just didn't report an air speed change that actually happened.
He wasn't that fast in the air, no one noticed the change and we didn't have data dumps for it l0l

The Goldenbrawler

Smash Ace
NNID
Frost3
3DS FC
3840-6562-5991
MK Is still good he's just less janky now
I understand that, I'm just wondering if I'll have better luck with Mewtwo than MK. 1 combo loss wasn't going to make me drop him. Mewtwo or Meta Knight, is a tough choice, as I like both characters and playstyles. I settled mostly on MK for his solo viability, that way I could play him and Lucina without issues, but now? Not sure on that. Probably not a solo viable character to pick up.

3DS FC
2595-4014-1734
I understand that, I'm just wondering if I'll have better luck with Mewtwo than MK. 1 combo loss wasn't going to make me drop him. Mewtwo or Meta Knight, is a tough choice, as I like both characters and playstyles. I settled mostly on MK for his solo viability, that way I could play him and Lucina without issues, but now? Not sure on that. Probably not a solo viable character to pick up.
If you love both characters that much I'd say go with the one with the best matchups

Krysco

Aeon Hero
NNID
Krysco
3DS FC
2122-7731-1180
My cousin came over last night and after getting fed up with FF dubs matches (it was actually a good night for us overall but we do get tired of it eventually) we did some 1v1s which was a miracle. Only saved 6 replays, 3 Mewtwo, 2 Robin and a Cloud one and those were the only characters I used while he used :4falcon::4fox::4jigglypuff::4link::4peach::4samus:. Only really notable character of his that he didn't use was :4drmario:. Gonna post the 3 M2 matches I saved here in a spoiler for anyone who cares to take a look.

The one on Battlefield I found interesting since the first stock was taken by a run off double jump fair which I feel was marginally faster than the intended fh dj fair I tried to do.

The one on Lylat just had a really hectic moment since he pulled out a stitch face that I miraculously grabbed and then he grabbed it right back.

The one on Halberd just has two nice sweetspot dairs on my end and Mewtwo apparently knows Thief~

My cousin seemed to have a really hard time against my M2 with his Peach. What do you guys think of the MU? Is it in our favour, even or are we at a disadvantage and he just wasn't playing it properly? Not to take just those 2 Peach matches of his into account, we had numerous other matches and he did win a few of them.

Those replays also don't show it since they were more early on (we played Smash for 14 hours, FF dubs included) but I was making use of SHAD fair or 'phasing' to fair. I asked my cousin about it and he did say it was a good tactic since he couldn't punish my airdodges too well and I did notice that. I'm just too used to the tactic being a poor one for most characters to use it too often with M2.

3DS FC
2595-4014-1734
My cousin came over last night and after getting fed up with FF dubs matches (it was actually a good night for us overall but we do get tired of it eventually) we did some 1v1s which was a miracle. Only saved 6 replays, 3 Mewtwo, 2 Robin and a Cloud one and those were the only characters I used while he used :4falcon::4fox::4jigglypuff::4link::4peach::4samus:. Only really notable character of his that he didn't use was :4drmario:. Gonna post the 3 M2 matches I saved here in a spoiler for anyone who cares to take a look.

The one on Battlefield I found interesting since the first stock was taken by a run off double jump fair which I feel was marginally faster than the intended fh dj fair I tried to do.

The one on Lylat just had a really hectic moment since he pulled out a stitch face that I miraculously grabbed and then he grabbed it right back.

The one on Halberd just has two nice sweetspot dairs on my end and Mewtwo apparently knows Thief~

My cousin seemed to have a really hard time against my M2 with his Peach. What do you guys think of the MU? Is it in our favour, even or are we at a disadvantage and he just wasn't playing it properly? Not to take just those 2 Peach matches of his into account, we had numerous other matches and he did win a few of them.

Those replays also don't show it since they were more early on (we played Smash for 14 hours, FF dubs included) but I was making use of SHAD fair or 'phasing' to fair. I asked my cousin about it and he did say it was a good tactic since he couldn't punish my airdodges too well and I did notice that. I'm just too used to the tactic being a poor one for most characters to use it too often with M2.
The peach matchup is definitely in our favor the only thing she really has over ous is that she can kill ous early with fair turnips can be reflected and stop her float(if your fast enough) shadow ball is the worst for her since she struggles against zoners it shuts down everything you can space her out with back airs to get her away from you our combos stop working earlier on her so keep that in mind don't play super agro since you'll make it easier for her overall I'd say the matchup is 60:40 in our favor I could be wrong tho

/Lucina

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Katsie
With even more Mewspeed than ever, Peach should have a hard time closing in with her attacks.

Last edited:
I've decided to pick up Villager as my pocket over Palutena. He's the most underplayed top tier by far, and there needs to be more people outside of Ranai and the occasional Dabuz proving that top tier placement.
Also, Villager dominates most top tier matchups, most notably Bayonetta.
Good idea or no?

/Lucina

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Katsie
Yes, Villager is a solid choice. He'll space out your opponents, plus his recovery is amazing.

Browny

Smash Hater
I am convinced that Mewtwo beats peach in theory.

Turnips and fair are trounced by shadowball and peach is far too slow to stop Mewtwo reliably charging up one often. She sure can kill him early and dont forget her upb, that thing can kill stupidly early with rage its probably the strongest move in the game with the reverse hitbox (I swear its stronger than finishing touch).

Peach has a strong neutral game characterised by a powerful and safe defensive wall. Mewtwo absolutely doesn't care about this and has solid answers to all of her options. As long as you don't try to challenge her fair with anything risky, she shouldnt be able to really get near you.

3DS FC
2595-4014-1734
I am convinced that Mewtwo beats peach in theory.

Turnips and fair are trounced by shadowball and peach is far too slow to stop Mewtwo reliably charging up one often. She sure can kill him early and dont forget her upb, that thing can kill stupidly early with rage its probably the strongest move in the game with the reverse hitbox (I swear its stronger than finishing touch).

Peach has a strong neutral game characterised by a powerful and safe defensive wall. Mewtwo absolutely doesn't care about this and has solid answers to all of her options. As long as you don't try to challenge her fair with anything risky, she shouldnt be able to really get near you.
This is basically the theory I was aiming for bravo(☆•☆)

Last edited:

Krysco

Aeon Hero
NNID
Krysco
3DS FC
2122-7731-1180
Yeah, I didn't find his Peach difficult at all. He didn't use Fox or Falcon too terribly often, mostly stuck to Peach and Puff. What he did use of his rushdown characters, it wasn't a cakewalk for M2 but it was far harder for my Robin. Found his Puff to be a pain too. I won the most matches but those that I did lose were largely to his Puff. Cloud vs Puff in particular is scary.

3DS FC
2595-4014-1734
Yeah, I didn't find his Peach difficult at all. He didn't use Fox or Falcon too terribly often, mostly stuck to Peach and Puff. What he did use of his rushdown characters, it wasn't a cakewalk for M2 but it was far harder for my Robin. Found his Puff to be a pain too. I won the most matches but those that I did lose were largely to his Puff. Cloud vs Puff in particular is scary.
Yeah Mewtwo doesn't do to we'll against rushdown he just doesn't have the necessary get off me moves

JesseMcCloud

AKA Zessei, Herald of Fate
NNID
JesseMcCloud
3DS FC
3652-0660-4917
Hey all, long time no see.
So, I've been thinking it over for a while, and I think I've come to the conclusion that my one true main will be Cloud, with Mewtwo and Captain Falcon secondaries.
But in Pokken Tournament, Mewtwo will forever be my boi.

Yoshisaurus Rex

Smash Champion
Switch FC
SW-1023-7514-9432
U know I never thought of that but I'd still say those two still beat it up throw is considered good because it kills these moves can do that and space,zone,and pressure I respect your opinion tho

Edit: are you talking about the grab or the person?
I think he's talking about the grab but U-Throw the person is pretty cool too. :p

Top Bottom