• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Spoon Sword Social

woopyfrood

Smash Lord
Something about that render seems different from the model we were shown.

This leak seems legit though. We all know what happened last time we saw high-quality renders and denied them.
So of course the one time I'm like "Welp, might as well just accept it." the leak turns out to be fake anyway.

U-Throw

Smash Lord
NNID
GKB21101
Right now, the only character I really, truly, definitely want is Wonder-Red. Literally, that's it. There are a number of other characters I'd like to see, but none of them even approach Wonder-Red in terms of how much I want him. It'd be amazing to see him as a playable character, and he has so much potential that it'd be a shame to pass him up. However, that said, I understand that Sakurai must be dog-tired after creating a character he wasn't planning on in the first place, so I'd understand if there isn't anymore DLC.
I don't think Smash 4 needs anything else at the moment. There's tons of content, and hours of stuff to do (*Stares directly at "Beat All-Star Mode on Hard with Everyone" challenge), so I'm good as is.
Though, I can't but think that Smash Run would be even more amazing if it was ported to the Wii U version.

Last edited:

godogod

Smash Ace
If Mewtwo is confirmed with a traielr
according to youtube, mewtwo cant even beat yamcha. :/
the one minute melee between mewtwo and frieza was utter bull****. mewtwo would have easilly won.
Yeah... I really doubt Mewtwo can bust planets with ease, let alone A planet or the moon. King piccolo destroyed a moon in dragon ball. Mist impressive thing Mewtwo ever did was make a huge storm in the first movie. But the actual fight, and the second movie that followed didn't show anything impressive.

Last edited:

U-Throw

Smash Lord
NNID
GKB21101
If Mewtwo is confirmed with a traielr

Yeah... I really doubt Mewtwo can bust planets with ease, let alone A planet .
But, Mewtwo can use his psychic powers to read Frieza's mind so he can know what he's going to do next, and then counter it by using his psychic powers to redirect the attack, and since Frieza wouldn't have the slightest idea what was going on, Mewtwo either wins or comes extremely close, in which case he simply rinses and repeats until he defeats Frieza.

Boom.

D

Deleted member

But, Mewtwo can use his psychic powers to read Frieza's mind so he can know what he's going to do next, and then counter it by using his psychic powers to redirect the attack, and since Frieza wouldn't have the slightest idea what was going on, Mewtwo either wins or comes extremely close, in which case he simply rinses and repeats until he defeats Frieza.

Boom.
While i like Mewtwo in all, reading your opponent's mind would be useless if they can just warp over to you and attack before you get the chance to do anything. :confused:

U-Throw

Smash Lord
NNID
GKB21101
While i like Mewtwo in all, reading your opponent's mind would be useless if they can just warp over to you and attack before you get the chance to do anything. :confused:
Ah, but see, in order to warp over to you, you have to think about it first, thus giving Mewtwo a little bit of a head start, and considering his speed as shown in Vs. Genesect, getting out of the way shouldn't be an issue, especially since Mewtwo can teleport.

D

Deleted member

Ah, but see, in order to warp over to you, you have to think about it first, thus giving Mewtwo a little bit of a head start, and considering his speed as shown in Vs. Genesect, getting out of the way shouldn't be an issue, especially since Mewtwo can teleport.
However, in the same movie, it appears as if Mewtwo's moving at about 200mph-300mph at most, whereas Frieza can probably at least move 500mph-700mph (he can't move at the speed of light without teleporting, but he's still pretty fast), so Mewtwo's only viable option would be to keep teleporting away from Freeza's attacks, but once he runs out of PP, then he'd have to either mega evolve into MMX or MMY, or start using barrier, as psystrike and psychic could potentially be blocked by Freeza.

But i'm pretty confident that Mewtwo can at least beat Yamcha and Krillin.

ThePsychoWolf

Smash Lord
3DS FC
3926-5863-0271
Are people really arguing about this?

Of course Mewtwo would win, it would take Frieza 20 episodes to do anything :troll:

Seriously though, Mewtwo created the greatest storm in the history of mankind just by thinking about it.

Last edited:

ZombieVito

Smash Journeyman
As much as I love Mewtwo, he gets one shotted by any Dragon Ball character in the Namek arc.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

I'm pretty sure that Mega Mewtwo X and Arceus could stand a chance against some of the dragon ball z cast, however, Mega Mewtwo Y's defenses are too low... But Mega Mewtwo X is weak against flying :troll:

ThePsychoWolf

Smash Lord
3DS FC
3926-5863-0271
Think about it. Mewtwo is stronger than, or at least on par, with Arceus, the creator of the frikkin' universe. Frieza and Vegeta can blow up planets, sure, but Arceus made the planets. And Mewtwo beats it 9 times out of 10.

Last edited:

U-Throw

Smash Lord
NNID
GKB21101
I now have undeniable proof that Mewtwo would kill Frieza. You know the move Power Swap? Well, Mewtwo can learn it, so all he would have to do is use Power Swap in order to switch his and Frieza's Attack and Special Attack stats, so now his Shadow Ball can destroy planets and Frieza's Death Saucers are as powerful as Shadow Ball. That is to say, far, far weaker than Mewtwo's new Shadow Ball. So, now, Mewtwo completely owns Frieza because his new attacks beat Frieza's by a longshot.

Double Boom.

D

Deleted member

Think about it. Mewtwo is stronger than, or at least on par, with Arceus, the creator of the frikkin' universe. Frieza and Vegeta can blow up planets, sure, but Arceus made the planets. And Mewtwo beats it 9 times out of 10.
A few words for you

Yveltal
Talonflame
Mawile

I now have undeniable proof that Mewtwo would kill Frieza. You know the move Power Swap? Well, Mewtwo can learn it, so all he would have to do is use Power Swap in order to switch his and Frieza's Attack and Special Attack stats, so now his Shadow Ball can destroy planets and Frieza's Death Saucers are as powerful as Shadow Ball. That is to say, far, far weaker than Mewtwo's new Shadow Ball. So, now, Mewtwo completely owns Frieza because his new attacks beat Frieza's by a longshot.

Double Boom.
I have a counter to this statement... Power Swap switches changes of the attack/special attack stat amongst the two subjects, but Freeza wouldn't need to power up to beat Mewtwo in the first place, and Mewtwo powering down to do the swap would be too risky and he'd probably get blown up due to his -90 defense stat before he could initiate the swap.

Nice try, though.

Last edited by a moderator:

ThePsychoWolf

Smash Lord
3DS FC
3926-5863-0271
A few words for you

Yveltal
Talonflame
Mawile
What about 'em?

I have a counter to this statement... Power Swap switches changes of the attack/special attack stat amongst the two subjects, but Freeza wouldn't need to power up to beat Mewtwo in the first place, and Mewtwo powering down to do the swap would be too risky and he'd probably get blown up due to his -90 defense stat before he could initiate the swap.

Nice try, though.
Oh, for the love of...do you understand how psychic power works? We're not talking movesets, and stats, and hold items and crap here. Mewtwo would blow up Frieza's head the moment they locked eyes. He talks to you without moving his mouth because he's inside your mind. Do you really think Frieza's going to know how to counter something like that? Mewtwo can teleport, can put up shields powered by its mind. As long as Mewtwo's mind remains intact, those shields aren't going down, and if you can't get through the shields, how are you going to damage its mind? The only reason Mewtwo can be bested in Pokemon is for gameplay reasons. In a universe full of, for all intents and purposes, gods, capable of creating landmasses, seas, with control over life, death, space, time, and the universe itself, Mewtwo is the ultimate. Frieza wouldn't stand a damn chance in HFIL.

But seriously, this is just sad. They really need to give us some details here, so we actually have something to discuss.

D

Deleted member

Oh, for the love of...do you understand how psychic power works? We're not talking movesets, and stats, and hold items and crap here. Mewtwo would blow up Frieza's head the moment they locked eyes. He talks to you without moving his mouth because he's inside your mind. Do you really think Frieza's going to know how to counter something like that? Mewtwo can teleport, can put up shields powered by its mind. As long as Mewtwo's mind remains intact, those shields aren't going down, and if you can't get through the shields, how are you going to damage its mind? The only reason Mewtwo can be bested in Pokemon is for gameplay reasons. In a universe full of, for all intents and purposes, gods, capable of creating landmasses, seas, with control over life, death, space, time, and the universe itself, Mewtwo is the ultimate. Frieza wouldn't stand a damn chance in HFIL.

But seriously, this is just sad. They really need to give us some details here, so we actually have something to discuss.
THIS is what happens when Nintendo doesn't give us Mewtwo information/release Mewtwo right now. People start to snap and fall apart. I just want to see my favorite character join the battle, and in the end, i'm pretty sure that's what we all want.

---

鉄腕
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
TripleDash
3DS FC
1719-3728-6991
Switch FC
SW-1574-3686-1211
A few words for you

Yveltal
Talonflame
Mawile

Nice try, though.
What about 'em?

Watch the double posts please. Remember to use the edit button.

NonSpecificGuy

The Extraordinary is in What We Do
Super Moderator
Premium
Writing Team
NNID
Goldeneye2674
3DS FC
0989-1770-6584
Okay! Who Pranked me? I know it was either @ NonSpecificGuy NonSpecificGuy or @Spirst or @ LoveGame LoveGame . I'm gonna get to the bottom of this if it's the last thing I do.:p

Besides, joke's on you. I like this shade of pink.
I would be lying if I told you the truth, but then again if I told you I'd be lying to you about being truthful, so I just won't tell you anything...

Wasn't me...

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

*Looks at above argument about Mewtwo and Frieza*

......pretty sure Mewtwo wouldn't stand a chance, as much as I like him.

Aninymouse

3DS Surfer
3DS FC
3540-0120-0225
Frieza might have more power and speed than Mewtwo, but all Mewtwo needs is enought time to think about twisting Frieza's head clean off. Frieza is powerless against that. And let's not forget Mewtwo's ability to wipe people's minds! Mewtwo can just make Frieza forget who he is or what he's doing, and attack in his state of bewilderment. Frieza could kill Mewtwo with a single punch, but the odds are in Mewtwo's favor, I think. Mewtwo tore a laboratory down to the foundation by thinking about it. Pretty sure he can hold his own.

I haven't seen this video on YouTube (I don't watch the death battle crap. Dunno if this is one of those; don't care), but if it's just Frieza beating up Mewtwo and doing and saying a lot of edgey things, I definitely don't want to see that. That's just blatant favoratism and isn't very creative.

I mean, really, it's physically impossible for a creature to be as powerful, fast, and durable as Frieza. Chi doesn't exist, and neither do psychic powers like Mewtwo's. Physical beings can't levitate or teleport at will. This is like arguing if Rudolph the red-nosed reindeer is faster than the Easter Bunny...

---

鉄腕
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
TripleDash
3DS FC
1719-3728-6991
Switch FC
SW-1574-3686-1211
Personally I just want to see how they buffed Frieza for the new DBZ movie.

Off Topic: I think Gaara vs. Toph was the first Death Battle that was poorly handled IMO.

The Goldenbrawler

Smash Ace
NNID
Frost3
3DS FC
3840-6562-5991
Death Battle/One Minute Melee are hit and miss for me. For Death Battle, some are great, like Rainbow Dash vs Starscreen (Hilarious) and Master Chief vs Doom Guy. Some...not so much like Luigi vs Tails (I call bull ****, at least due to the ending) Shadow vs Vegeta (after hearing that apparently saiyans aren't supposed to be able to breathe in space). One Minute Melee is similar with Bowser vs Eggman (which was good) and Meta Knight vs Zero (which I found to be horrible). However, I don't take these as canon, so whatever. Argue if you really want to, but I'm not going to even attempt, as I care little for either of these series.

godogod

Smash Ace
People seriously think Mewtwo can beat Frieza, let alone stand a chance against him? Mewtwo wouldn't see the death beam coming. Guldo would wipe the floor with Mewtwo. Raditz would destroy him also.

D

Deleted member

It's actually kinda funny because even Chi-Chi could most likely mop the floor with Mewtwo, but, if he was freed from his boundaries as a pokemon character, then to be honest, i think that he could destroy Freeza in a heartbeat... But unfortunately, due to the dynamics of pokemon, Mewtwo is nothing but a punching bag to more advanced characters. Besides, Mewtwo only has a power level of 680.

MewtwoMaster2002

ミュウツーマスター2002
3DS FC
2922-0496-2962
Why do these kinds of discussions usually go right to death battle instead of seeing if they would get along or not?

Igzex

I wish I looked this good with lipstick
There's no doubt about Frieza beating Mewtwo. Pokemon and Dragon Ball are on entirely different scales of power.

I wouldn't even give Mewtwo an edge because of psychic powers. Frieza has some of those too. Just ask Goku. Or better yet, Krillin.

D

Deleted member

Freeza would probably ask Mewtwo to join forces with him, but, remembering what happened the last time Mewtwo tried doing such (with Giovanni), it went horribly, so Mewtwo would probably reject the offer and Freeza would say for that, he must die, then a battle would begin.

MewtwoMaster2002

ミュウツーマスター2002
3DS FC
2922-0496-2962
Do you honestly think Mewtwo and Frieza would "get along"?
No, but in the case of Gaara and Toph, possibly. Depending on the version of Mewtwo, he may or may not join forces with Frieza. If they end up fighting, Frieza is better destruction-wise. Personally, I want to see if Light from Death Note can trick Frieza into thinking he's on his side, then kill him with a Death Note.

Last edited:

NonSpecificGuy

The Extraordinary is in What We Do
Super Moderator
Premium
Writing Team
NNID
Goldeneye2674
3DS FC
0989-1770-6584
People seriously think Mewtwo can beat Frieza, let alone stand a chance against him? Mewtwo wouldn't see the death beam coming. Guldo would wipe the floor with Mewtwo. Raditz would destroy him also.
Wouldn't Mewtwo's psychic abilities give him telekinesis. Meaning he could actually bend lightwaves make himself invisible and sneak up on Freiza? I'm not big into DragonBall so I wouldn't know, and frankly don't care. Just thought I'd give my 2 cents.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

No, but in the case of Gaara and Toph, possibly. Depending on the version of Mewtwo, he may or may not join forces with Frieza. If they end up fighting, Frieza is better destruction-wise. Personally, I want to see if Light from Death Note can trick Frieza into thinking he's on his side, then kill him with a Death Note.
Oh, you're referring to the actual Death Battle.

The point of that is based on the hypothetical of "If so-and-so and yadda yadda yadda had a fight to the death, who would be the one left standing?"
It's not saying "they will fight if they so much as make eye contact" as if it will happen, it's just going by a specific circumstance.

As for Mewtwo and Frieza, no. They would not work together no matter which incarnation of Mewtwo it is.
In-game/Origins Mewtwo is a savage beast. It would take one look at Frieza and fight with full intention on defeating him, thinking of nothing else.
Movie 1/Returns Mewtwo was only out to prove to himself and the world that his existence had meaning. Being subservient to Frieza (which, knowing Frieza, would be what he would want) would not sit well with this Mewtwo. Especially not after how he got pissed when Giovanni told him his purpose was to serve and fight for him.
Movie 16 Mewtwo was against the Genesect Army causing unnecessary destruction that threatened the lives of humans (which this Mewtwo only distrusted, not hated) and other Pokémon. She would not likely align herself with someone as purely evil as Frieza.
etc.

ThePsychoWolf

Smash Lord
3DS FC
3926-5863-0271
Lol. Look at this "leak", and then look at my avatar.

We don't really have a guage of Mewtwo's pure power to go by. We can't go by the anime, because if we did, Pikachu would destroy all. And Mewtwo can't display the pure, savage power it's supposed to have in game, because if it did, it's game over. Mewtwo attacks the mind directly. Hell, Trunks managed to kill Frieza with a damn sword. He's nowhere near as invincible as you guys are making him out to be. This isn't even taking into consideration Recover, Me First, and other moves that may help to level the playing field, even if Mewtwo was outclassed, or the fact that Frieza was a coward, that would turn tail and run at first sight of an opponent that could give him a fair fight. The only reason he didn't run from Goku in the latter stages of their fight was because there was nowhere he could go that Goku couldn't find him.

But really, what are we, eight-year olds on an elementary school playground? They're fictional characters from two very different franchises.

Last edited:

U-Throw

Smash Lord
NNID
GKB21101
That guy did a great job. Except, of course, he used Smash 3's Mewtwo. So, its definitely fake. Look at Smash 3 Mewtwo and then look at the "leaked" Mewtwo. They're identical.
Other than that, though, he did a very convincing job. I'd like to how he got the resources to make that, though, assuming he didn't do it himself.

Metros

Smash Ace
NNID
metros2soul
Lol. Look at this "leak", and then look at my avatar.

We don't really have a guage of Mewtwo's pure power to go by. We can't go by the anime, because if we did, Pikachu would destroy all. And Mewtwo can't display the pure, savage power it's supposed to have in game, because if it did, it's game over. Mewtwo attacks the mind directly. Hell, Trunks managed to kill Frieza with a damn sword. He's nowhere near as invincible as you guys are making him out to be. This isn't even taking into consideration Recover, Me First, and other moves that may help to level the playing field, even if Mewtwo was outclassed, or the fact that Frieza was a coward, that would turn tail and run at first sight of an opponent that could give him a fair fight. The only reason he didn't run from Goku in the latter stages of their fight was because there was nowhere he could go that Goku couldn't find him.

But really, what are we, eight-year olds on an elementary school playground? They're fictional characters from two very different franchises.
Yes, I know it was that model.

I meant in the context of now are we going to see an onslaught of fake 'leaks' with Mewtwo since the Rayman one was pretty convincing.

Top Bottom