• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Spoon Sword Social

C3CC

Smash Lord
I'm actually ok with the April 15th release date. Good thing I did the whole Club Nintendo promotion thing.

Now, while we're at it, I'd be honored to have a countdown for you guys. I'll update it every day I can. Since it's already the 2nd here in Venezuela, here it goes:

13 days for the strike!!

Eisendrachen

Smash Hero
NNID
Das_Ritter
3DS FC
5026-4732-8503
>wait impatiently for "I Was Wrong" thread to show up

I know I'm not going to do anything of the sort until I've confirmed it myself (on the 28th), but I've a sneaking suspicion I'm going to be called out...

Smashbro596

Smash Ace
I LOVE the blue coloration!! It looks so bright and much more saturated than Melee's! I see myself maining that alt, along with the black and white one.
personally, the shadow coloration looks baddass. also. shiny mewtwos there too!
fun fact: the 28th is my girlfriends birthday :p

NNID
Nightdazer
3DS FC
0731-4784-1465
OMG!!! IT'S ORIGIN MEWTWO GUYS!!!!

I CAN'T BELIEVE I DIDN'T NOTICE THIS BEFORE. (Sorry if anybody else found this, it was staring me in the face!)

https://youtu.be/WvbwZYV7W0Q?t=41

Listen as SOON as he does confusion on Greninja, that's CLEARLY a feral grunt/growl!!

He also does the same noise when flipping Charizard. There's no way that's shetwo. Even though we won't know for certain till the 15th though, I'm betting it's origins Mewtwo after hearing that.

EDIT: Nm. Maybe it is just a sound effect. GFDI.
that would be the sound of his psychic energy....
lol.

PLATINUM7

Star Platinum
NNID
PLATINUM7
3DS FC
1246-8735-0293
Switch FC
2465-5306-3806
Mewtwo's trailer was simply beautiful.
I've only just watched the direct but I have a feeling I'll be watching Mewtwo's trailer 50 more times today.

Superior Spider-Mew

Smash Journeyman
NNID
MiniRagnarok
Top work on Mewtwo's sound effects for his moves, much different from Melee and sound much more powerful (especially confusion and his forward throw). I already know everyone and their grandmother's are going to be using the Shadow Mewtwo palette and I dont blame them, its awesome they brought that back! For me though I'm probably going to go with green or blue unless I see a different color I like (since we havent seen all of his palettes yet) 14 days and counting. Then I shall anticipate Lucas' return, gosh what an awesome day lol

Last edited:

WingedKnight

Smash Ace
Finally back on my home computer: this is a good result! I know the trailers are designed to make fighters look good, but in terms of speed, mobility, power, and utility his movepool really does look like a strictly-improved version of what it was in Melee. I'm happy for it. The flavor of Confusion and Disable is nice, and they seem properly functional and less janky now. The model and animations are exceptional, really represents his attitude and feel. Plus the Final Smash is beautiful. The quick boost to Mega Y followed by the dramatic mind crush of Psystrike is even better than I'd hoped for. Plus the alt costumes. Everything! It's Can't wait to use him in a few weeks.

NNID
Nightdazer
3DS FC
0731-4784-1465
Finally back on my home computer: this is a good result! I know the trailers are designed to make fighters look good, but in terms of speed, mobility, power, and utility his movepool really does look like a strictly-improved version of what it was in Melee. I'm happy for it. The flavor of Confusion and Disable is nice, and they seem properly functional and less janky now. The model and animations are exceptional, really represents his attitude and feel. Plus the Final Smash is beautiful. The quick boost to Mega Y followed by the dramatic mind crush of Psystrike is even better than I'd hoped for. Plus the alt costumes. Everything! It's Can't wait to use him in a few weeks.
Yeah, seriously. I did predict that this would be what happened for his Final Smash...but I never imagined it looking this epic!

I'm SO glad that Mewtwo still has his Teleport and Shadowball btw, those were my favorite moves :D

Ikr? I can't believe Sakurai and the team managed to import his entire moveset from Melee and make it as epic as it is!
Btw...did anyone like that Up Throw he performed on Luigi? ;3 I know I smiled when I saw that.

lltacx

Smash Journeyman
Yeah, seriously. I did predict that this would be what happened for his Final Smash...but I never imagined it looking this epic!

Ikr? I can't believe Sakurai and the team managed to import his entire moveset from Melee and make it as epic as it is!
Btw...did anyone like that Up Throw he performed on Luigi? ;3 I know I smiled when I saw that.
It's Up-Throw? Yeah it's epic, NO! It's Legendary ^^ BTW What happened when he threw that "Barrel" to DK while using his forward air? Was that a combo or?

NVM, that Barrel was R.O.B.....

Last edited:

godogod

Smash Ace
I called it on his final smash being Mewtwo Y(no surprise there) using psystrike. heh.

Danpal65

Smash Lord
There was nothing about Mewtwo in that trailer that didn't look like pure awesomeness.

Personally I think I might just stick with the standard mew two colouration, but I have yet to see all of them. Right now Shadow Mewtwo is just too mainstream. :p

SuperNintendoKid

Smash Lord
i called Mega Mewtwo Y as well, but I didn't think of Psystrike to look like that (I thought it would look like how it is in X/Y)

ORVO5

Smash Lord
3DS FC
4785-5813-6727
There was nothing about Mewtwo in that trailer that didn't look like pure awesomeness.

Personally I think I might just stick with the standard mew two colouration, but I have yet to see all of them. Right now Shadow Mewtwo is just too mainstream. :p
Mewtwo in general will be mainstream until Lucas comes out. Such is the way of new characters. Or until people get sick of him. As for me, I can finally enjoy Smash again!!

CryoGX

Smash Journeyman
NNID
CryoGX
Is it me, or is everything about Mewtwo fast as hell now?

Seriously, that instant downspike: it's like its foot did Instant Transmission from the ledge to down Villager's throat.

NNID
Nightdazer
3DS FC
0731-4784-1465
Is it me, or is everything about Mewtwo fast as hell now?

Seriously, that instant downspike: it's like its foot did Instant Transmission from the ledge to down Villager's throat.
"So Villager, I hear you have an overpowered recovery.... It'd be a real shame if someone stole that from you..."
...*spike*
:troll:

Last edited:

OmegaSorin

The Lucky Hero
NNID
Semjax
I am -really- eaager for Mewtwo, he was my main dawg back in Melee, and I eagerly await the sleek and smooth awesomeness that will be him in Smash 4.

He might actually be enough to break me from my Waifu, Luci. If he plays as smooth as I hope he does, then I'm definitely going to attempt to main him.

NNID
Nightdazer
3DS FC
0731-4784-1465
I am -really- eaager for Mewtwo, he was my main dawg back in Melee, and I eagerly await the sleek and smooth awesomeness that will be him in Smash 4.

He might actually be enough to break me from my Waifu, Luci. If he plays as smooth as I hope he does, then I'm definitely going to attempt to main him.
Nuuuu...we gots enough Mewtwo players! Keep the Lucina love train going strong!
....yeah, I'm one of those people who would hate to see other characters neglected because of something new and shiny...
I mean, we need to keep the balance! That's why Mewtwo needs to suck. ^-^

Last edited:

OmegaSorin

The Lucky Hero
NNID
Semjax
....yeah, I'm one of those people who would hate to see other characters neglected because of something new and shiny...

I don't know why, but I just read your post in the most adorable voice ever.

The Goldenbrawler

Smash Ace
NNID
Frost3
3DS FC
3840-6562-5991
Decided to merge these 3 pics to summarize my mains. :3
Edit: Also made sure they were in sync with how my mains are positioned in my Sig.

Last edited:

MewtwoMaster2002

ミュウツーマスター2002
3DS FC
2922-0496-2962
There are so many characters in Smash that I doubt people would just jump on the DLC bandwagon and stay that long unless they actually like the character. People will be going back to their Diddy Kongs and their Hoo-Hahs before long.

Top Bottom