• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Spoon Sword Social

Danpal65

Smash Lord
just his utilt but could just be me thinking that
His Utilt does seem to have smaller range than what you would expect I suppose. But it is great for juggling because of this, I think, as it keeps your foes close to you, meaning you can do more with them.

I knew I'd main Mewtwo, but this Mewtwo is perfect for me! Thank you based Sakurai! :D
Couldn't agree more. I decided to main Mewtwo before he came out but Sakurai certainly made it an easier decision to stick with (although I still would have used him if he wasn't completely amazing :p).

Last edited by a moderator:

fenyx4

Smash Journeyman
Apologies if this was posted earlier, but Mewtwo's Screen KO splat is hilarious; it tops Wii Fit Trainer's Screen KO splat, in my opinion. :laugh: I just love how Mewtwo just exudes indifference in a lot of his "actions" and just doesn't give a bother about much; he's all "DILLIGAF, insolent fool? I'm still going to win.".

Mewtwo's SSB4 Screen KO splat
Video Source: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-7vYiwPtb6Q&t=2m03s

Also, Mewtwo's movements just feel so...natural. I hope you guys understand me here >.<

Also, to the ^^ post, waaaaaaay too early to be calling specific placements in my opinion.
Agreed - I don't mean full-blown tiers, though; I just like the idea of Lucario getting salty from that one particular "attack cancellation/collision/interaction" after all these years of "who's better" debates regarding Mewtwo vs. Lucario. :laugh:

Last edited:

Saikyoshi

Smash Master
NNID
KarmaPilcrow
3DS FC
0344-9771-0514
How many waves could they possibly NEED?!
  • The Wii U is a commercial flop
  • Not all Wii Us have Smash U
  • Not al Smash U owners have Smash 3DS
  • Not all owners of both registered them on Club Nintendo

So yeah, it really seems like it should have been over and done with quickly.

Saikyoshi

Smash Master
NNID
KarmaPilcrow
3DS FC
0344-9771-0514
Last edited:

Danpal65

Smash Lord
Hey guys, I hope you're all enjoying Mewtwo. <3 That's the only reason for my inactivity. :3 I love him.
If I was't doing Uni work on my computer I would be playing as him too. :p From what I have played he is definitely the most enjoyable character in Smash 4 for me to play.

Its great to see such a fun and positive group of people discussing Mewtwo, bringing up the points that they love about him, whilst still being able to discuss potential flaws or problems they may have with the character. :bee:

Last edited by a moderator:

Thermithral

Smash Journeyman
NNID
blahara
3DS FC
1375-7535-6452
Switch FC
6524 3241 3725
Can anyone confirm whether or not downloading Mewtwo adds his trailer to the movie list? A small detail but worth mentioning one way or another.

Vinylic.

Woke?
Switch FC
SW-5214-5959-4787
I'm getting comfortable with the character. Spacing/Tilts can lead to a good amount of strings and reads.

Yo speed, I can hop in for some if you want.

Last edited:

Takehiko

Smash Journeyman
NNID
FoldedMachi
Can I get some 1v1s with a Mewtwo from this fourm? I'd like to get some match up data. please pm me

Metros

Smash Ace
NNID
metros2soul
I'm in work at the moment and super envious of all of you that get to play him right now. :p I have to wait 5 more hours. It's hard. All I can think about is playing.

I'm SOOO glad I have work off next week. A whole week of practice!

If anybody would like to ever practice/train with me PM me :)

Bobert

"...And His Music Was Electric"
NNID
MetallicBlur
Switch FC
SW-1415-6753-4608
I'm almost certain at this point that I probably won't be getting Mewtwo until the 28th. I'm itching to play as him so badly right now and I've been waiting all day to play as him but haven't received an email. Oh well. :facepalm:

Volaro

Smash Rookie
NNID
Volaro
3DS FC
2707-2096-3929
Ran into a fantastic Mewtwo online earlier. She seemed to know exactly what worked already. Jab > Dtilt > Fair worked out pretty well.

As far as the colors go, I like the Mew and monochrome ones. Hard to tell what one I'll favor more until I get my dang code.

Thermithral

Smash Journeyman
NNID
blahara
3DS FC
1375-7535-6452
Switch FC
6524 3241 3725
I'm almost certain at this point that I probably won't be getting Mewtwo until the 28th. I'm itching to play as him so badly right now and I've been waiting all day to play as him but haven't received an email. Oh well. :facepalm:
Likewise. I am told it has something to do with my using AOL for that. I dont know if yours is a simialr reason, but we probably both should call Nintendo in the morning.

Timbers

check me out
His jab1 setups might be worth looking into. I did see him compared to Palutena's jab1 though, which is hardly true. Mewtwo's jab1 scales in kb pretty hard, and lacks Palutena's dash speed for followups. Shadowball and dtilt are notably good.

initial gripes:

- weight/hurtbox ratio is still a joke

- really terrible upB

- lots of deadspots in his moves (mostly notable on smashes, ftilt, bair). animations are fluid but had they honored his hitboxes on these animations then his attacks would be massive, leading to a general feeling of inconsistency across his moveset.

-lots of bad moves in his arsenal. downB/sideB are disappointing. base impressions suggest that he will need to survive on (maybe jab1,) grab, tilts, shadowball, and fair.

-I was hoping for a better bair to reliably wall.

Enoki

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Enokikone
I was so happy with Sakurai until I found out Mewtwo is the lightest in the game, and has a slow roll. WHY.

To put it in perspective, warlock punch won't kill Jigglypuff from spawn position on FD until 50% (with no rage). Mewtwo dies at 48%. So Mewtwo is somehow lighter than a 2D character, and lighter than a balloon. Oh well. At least he kills early.

Solfiner

*Those Who Stand Against Our Path*
NNID
Solfiner
3DS FC
1676-3664-3928
My favorites are "shadow" Mewtwo and shiny mewtwo. I know, highly original. :p

Bobert

"...And His Music Was Electric"
NNID
MetallicBlur
Switch FC
SW-1415-6753-4608
Likewise. I am told it has something to do with my using AOL for that. I dont know if yours is a simialr reason, but we probably both should call Nintendo in the morning.
I'm using AOL too actually.

Top Bottom