• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Sporcle: Can you name the SSBM Top 8 Finishers Since 2008?

ycz12

Smash Ace
http://www.sporcle.com/games/ycz6/ssbm-top-8

For those of you unfamiliar with Sporcle: It's a quiz game site. Quizzes are mostly user-contributed, and are on all sorts of topics. Most quizzes take the form "Here is a list of hints, enter the answers in this text box and they will show up below." It is also extremely addicting.

So, I made a quiz about Melee. Let me know if you have any feedback, particularly about which tournaments are listed. Currently there are a few that are kind of obscure, and several large Cali regionals are absent. Also make sure to use
spoiler tags
if you want to discuss specific answers.

Good luck! Post your scores to compare, if you like. ;)

Don't scroll down if you want to avoid spoilers.
:happysheep:

Landry

Smash Ace
Interesting stuff. There were definitely some people I forgot (Cactuar...)

Bones0

Smash Legend
I got 192/240.

I missed 14 in just the first 3 tournaments. I also remembered there was a good Peach that started with "V", but I forgot there is both Vwins and Vanz. Their names are too similar. lol I hope you or someone else makes another quiz like this. I love Sporcle quizzes.

I would just put not to scroll down in your first post so everyone doesn't have to keep using Spoiler tags (except maybe Landry since his post is visible at the top of the page).

Juggleguy

Smash Grimer
Premium
You got 218 out of 240 answers correct

I missed about half of the Europeans. The only Americans I missed were:
NES n00b, Chexr, Darc, Falcomist, DEHF, Teczero, Bizzarro Flame, DoH, and G$

Also, I definitely typed in Eddy Mexico but the site didn't add it as one of the correct answers, wtf lol.

JPOBS

Smash Hero
Can you make it so that we have to attempt the tournies in order, or some other rate limiting effect?

Otherwise, typing random names gives you answers for free. i stopped playing after I typing "Mango" and got like 20 ansers

edit:

>tfw you forget about the east coast golden boy ;___;

KrIsP!

Smash Champion
Lol yeah the obvious ones give you stuff for free but getting higher score means guessing less obvious people, and feeling bad you forgot cactuar.

Anyways I got 202. Yeah Europe screwed me up though a few I should've known.

Strong Badam

Super Elite
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
requiring the e to be accented for the pokemon stages was a poor choice. and "past stages: ". i got them all though.

on the top 8, i got 227. epita smash ruined me as did a few obscure people getting 7th at various tourneys haha.

VoiD-

Smash Apprentice
requiring the e to be accented for the pokemon stages was a poor choice. and "past stages: ". i got them all though.
Ah, didn't realize it would do that, should be fixed. Also made the hyphen optional for past stages. Still has to be there though, because it's the only thing differentiating between the past and new versions.

Slhoka

Smash Lord
This is an amazing idea !
I got 210/240, forgetting the following players :
Azen
DEHF
Kels
HugS
Taj
Frootloop
Azen
Colbol
Weon-X
Chillin
DoH
DJN
Tope
Bladewise
Tink
Frootloop
NES Noob
Chexr
Teczero
Vidjo
Lambchops
Duck
Bizarro Flame
Eddy Mexico
Poilon

It's amusing to see I forgot Poilon considering he's one of the only 2 French players in these rankings. Not to mention I was hosting this event...

Oh and also... ACAP at ESA2 was in fact Adam (the Dutch player)

Nintendude

Smash Hero
I got 218/240. I forgot:

PewPewU
DEHF
Cort
Vidjo
Wife
Lampchops
Tope
Falcomist
Weon-X
Duck
Japan
random Europeans

Xyzz

Smash Champion
You got 232 out of 240 answers correct.

Missed: Lovage (I'm ******** lol, sorry), DJ Nitendo (I swear I tried him but it didn't work), Masashi, Poilon , NES n00b, Chexr, (no idea who those are, never saw a game), Tink (I remember his name at least! :D)

Shadocat

Smash Ace
3DS FC
3737-9651-3260
"You got
out of 240 answers correct"
really ashamed that i missed shiz on rom1 :( and javi on apex 2012
idk **** about europe lol

KrazyKnux

Smash Lord
Can you make it so that we have to attempt the tournies in order, or some other rate limiting effect?

Otherwise, typing random names gives you answers for free. i stopped playing after I typing "Mango" and got like 20 ansers

edit:

>tfw you forget about the east coast golden boy ;___;
Lol, I take it you'd rather type in "Mango" 20 separate times? That'd be annoying. Also, typing in random names doesn't give you answers for free - by "random" you really mean "good players who likely placed in the top 8", which is precisely the point of the quiz.

Psychoace

Smash Champion
225/240

cort (kept spelling it with a u >.>)
vidjogamer
captain jack :(
masashi
adam (acap)
makenshi
poilon
chexr
tope my bad
aldwyn (didn't spell his name right in time lol)
weon-x
bladewise

RIP Nes Noob

KrIsP!

Smash Champion
Yeah i missed two past stages two, spent the last ten seconds slamming yoshi's island into it and then got past stages. :( In my mind I got them all.

Do items lol no johns there, and people will really have to think about that.

Xyzz

Smash Champion
I forgot tons of stages... I've seen most stages just how many times it took me to finish the singleplayer when starting out (yeah, I could've copied a save of sb else, but I felt like beating it on my own... :) )

KrazyKnux

Smash Lord
I missed the mushroom kingdoms lol. I kept on trying to type in MK and MKII, but couldn't for the life of me remember what they stood for. Mario Kingdom is the best I could come up with LOL.

Also missed Great Bay because I forgot the name (I could envision the stage, but just couldn't come up with the name) and just completely forgot about Icicle Mountain.

VoiD-

Smash Apprentice
Do items lol no johns there, and people will really have to think about that.
Items!

For extra challenge, I included everything that counts as an item even if it's not spawned through normal means, including pretty obscure stuff. I will be very impressed if someone manages to remember everything. Coin mode stuff isn't included btw.

I'll do event matches when I get a chance.

ycz12

Smash Ace
The items quiz is missing
Starman, Heart Container, Barrel, and Bomb (Link/Y. Link). Also the balls from Mewtwo's forward-throw, which can in fact be picked up. Trophies also function like items.

KrIsP!

Smash Champion
Items!

For extra challenge, I included everything that counts as an item even if it's not spawned through normal means, including pretty obscure stuff. I will be very impressed if someone manages to remember everything. Coin mode stuff isn't included btw.

I'll do event matches when I get a chance.
25/37
electrode though? Really? Some of them I'm sad I missed...like fire flower or super mushroom. Wow. lol

VoiD-

Smash Apprentice
Blame the wiki, I trusted it for normal items >_>

Will fix it.

Also wasn't sure what to name the Mewtwo fthrow balls in a way that could reasonably be guessed, but I guess I'll just put in a bunch of options.
@ycz12
Barrel is in there, it's just called Barrel Cannon. I'll fix it so you can just enter Barrel though.

Top Bottom