• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Spring Smash Showdown | Toronto, Ontario, Canada | Results/Shoutouts/Vids | 3/26/2011

Supreme Dirt

King of the Railway
Oh, I just remembered something I never got to explain to Tin Man.

Etrian Odyssey (DS dungeon crawler)
The Odyssey (homer's epic poem)
The Iliad (another epic poem, also by homer)
Iliad (marth main, you may know him)
Etrian Iliad

Cyan_

Smash Lord
AWWWW YEA SAUC3 YEAAAAAAAAA

ALSO PLEASE TELL ME TIN VS HYPE GOT RECORDED

AND I WANNA PLAY MEEK, but if he plays like boku then eff that i never want to play him EVER

i can see most of the PR was really havin an off day, its ok bros it happens to everyone

there better be tournies like this in the summer like this i swear guys
LOOOOL BOKU

omg playing that guy's sonic on GB made me want to throw my controller even though I won

Toronto Joe

Smash Master
$10 Entry fee

1. Ally ($220 + $60 Pot bonus) - :metaknight: you might have one the tourney,but you lost the poutine war
2. Holy Nightmare ($110 + $30 Pot bonus) - :metaknight: if you beat ally in tourney ill reward you with poutine(from dairy queen tho:cool:)
3. Tin Man ($66 + $10 Pot bonus) - :olimar:/:diddy: good job getting 3rd, your olimar is legit now,youve come a long way since the what is clutch days :p thanks for hosting
4. Hype ($22) - :metaknight: my snake was close LOL <3 ggs hope the friendlies helped!
5. Meekspeedy ($11) - :sonic: most impressive performance this tourney IMO,awesome job dude
5. Sauc3 ($11) - :metaknight:/:kirby2:/:dedede: you might think you got lucky but tbh i felt outplayed on that mk ditto on rc, youre a really smart player
7. JMo - :metaknight: finally proving that potential! good **** man
7. Toronto Joe - :wario:/:gw:
9. Gichan - :wario:/:olimar: thanks for the housing/hosting..go back to the couch though and get michelle some soup
9. Culex - :metaknight:/:falco:/:gw: so much fun teaming with you,clutch as **** vs tin and jmo! good stuff big bro
9. Raidos - :snake: that 100% bike combo wtf LOL
9. Iliad - :marth: didnt get to play but sexy as always johnny boy
13. Ambrose - :popo: DAT SMILE..
13. Ryan FW - :zerosuitsamus: ggs, thank god i escaped the infinite O_O
13. Dan-Da-Man - :snake:/:dk2: ggs in dobules
13. Phiddlesticks - :bowser2: didnt get to play but ggs,had fun doubles training
17. Jasuke - :metaknight: ggs
17. Mprime - :snake:/:popo: wario:awesome:
17. HrcPoke - :ike:
17. Logan - :metaknight:
17. Cura - :ike: pizza was legit,shoutouts to the pizza pizza guy warping time
17. Peachy - :peach:
17. Patches - :gw: *gives you some cheetos*
17. cMeDu - :metaknight: we will get you in top 10 eventually, go vawn
----------------------------------------------------Pools cutoff-------------------------------------------------
25. SK - :snake:
25. Tdawg - :mario2:
25. Leaf Shadow - :rob:
25. Zetsu - :falco:
25. Skyler Silver - :kirby2:
25. Supreme Dirt - :gw:
25. Han - :marth:
25. Kongmetal - :diddy:
33. .exe - :zerosuitsamus:
33. Looftwaffles - :marth:
33. Fuddo -:pit: ggs in pools
33. Tekotsu - :lucas:
33. Fishy - :wario: nice talking/playing,we'll get that wario beast soontimes
33. Roxxy - :diddy:
33. Deegs2 - :falcon:
33. Douhneil - :mario2:
41. Trawr - :falco:
41. Deegs - :ganondorf:
41. Boxer - :diddy:
41. Mr.Plow - :diddy:

Last edited:

Inle~Orichas

Smash Journeyman
Wow, such incredible stuff happening at this tourney. Very sad to have missed it, but its clear how very alive our scene is now.

Meekspeedy is an inspiration.

Supreme Dirt

King of the Railway
Meekspeedy is making me once again seriously considering going back to mid-low tiers. Maybe something like Yoshi/Fox/Peach.

Damnit Yoshi. Why can you not jump out of shield?

Supreme Dirt

King of the Railway
LOL says you.

Seriously though I'm sticking with GaW and Dedede in singles, Lucario in doubles.

I also realized just how much more I like doubles than singles. Like a ridiculous amount more.

You're just jelly I can DR

fUddO

Smash Ace
Hm, I propose we put an embargo on SD, and only play as Jigglypuff in friendlies with him if he isn't GaW, D3, or Lucario.

Dan-Da-Man

Smash Journeyman
kay,

1. Ally - that Falcon MM was just too good
2. Holy Nightmare - ggs in pools and many friendlies. I'll get better so you have more of a challenge next time
3. Tin Man - doubles again.. and no singles. You're too good at staying alive w/ MK uair saves..
4. Hype & 5. Meekspeedy - fun games, sorry I didn't use my mains in them : /
7. Toronto Joe & 9. Culex - ggs in dubs guys
9. Gichan - didn't get to play ya this time but props on running a great tourney and having some mad hype sets
9. Raidos - Snake dittos.. I was sweating way too much for some reason. Next time, more clutch & yea, friendlies anytime
9. Iliad - didn't get to play ya but saw some pretty hype sets of yours
13. Phiddlesticks - rahhhhh.. next time just Snakeeee vs Bowserrrr
17. Jasuke - newcomer ddm approaches @_@
17. Peachy - sorry DK lives so long........ you got a great Peach.
17. Patches - sry I forgot about MM/friendlies after brackets, ggs in dubs
25. Tdawg - you scare the **** out of me when you're playing brawl, looking like you're having way too much fun.. haha
33. Looftwaffles - keep practicing that Marth, ggs

Supreme Dirt

King of the Railway
Hm, I propose we put an embargo on SD, and only play as Jigglypuff in friendlies with him if he isn't GaW, D3, or Lucario.
That's fine, I guess Melee could use a bit more of my time anyways.

cMeDu

Smash Journeyman
Man I shoulda lost in pools and won that am bracket...
I needed a new controller xD

Supreme Dirt

King of the Railway
I needed a new controller xD
LOL, you're complaining.

My C-Stick broke half-way through a game. Which is really bad, since I C-Stick all my non-NAir aerials, all my smashes, and Side-Bs (though that doesn't really matter as GaW). I went from winning well, to losing barely. Because I have no idea how to properly aerial with control stick + A.

Mprime

Smash Ace
*Edit* Almost forgot to post the title! LoL Iliad shoutouts!

17. Mprime - Bro, I realize you're not happy with your placing, but pools were NOT a cakewalk at this tourney. ****ing stacked brackets bro. You'll def improve when Brendan gets there.
can't say i was too salty, learned alot had a great time and guess who's the best snake in GTA now, that's right it's me i had a title set for best snake in gta against Raidos and won dat ****! Hey Raidos you have to live with the title 2nd best snake untill we meet again. Also Illiad, we must finish our last match of that 1$ MM we didn't get to finish next tourney, don't forget!

sauc3

Smash Lord
*cracks knuckles*

1. Ally ($220 + $60 Pot bonus) - i really wish i could have seen you play tinman as ics, I need to learn that matchup I'm soo bad vs olimar, if i do end up going to more tourneys then i'll have to come up with a strat for olimars (and wario's), they run my ****
2. Holy Nightmare ($110 + $30 Pot bonus) - never got to play you, but had fun chillin, i think we were both amazed at meek rapin ****, tourney was pretty epic, you were so close to beating ally that one set, just lost it near the end
3. Tin Man ($66 + $10 Pot bonus) - dat olimar, good job outplacin the rest of gta, next tourney i can go to, ill just have to beat you with mk, which i should have gone in our set. i realize in hindsight i was trying to out gimmick you, but your style apparently cant be out gimmicked, so i'll just have to out play you next time :p
4. Hype ($22) - we never got to play either, but i wish i could have mk dittod you, i hear you're the best at that ****, and i love playin the ditto, get tinman next time aswell, stick to mk too, marth was a one time thing for the what is clutch series i think.
5. Meekspeedy ($11) - o shi that ****in sonic, how do you fight something that you can't follow for ****! man you're my hero, so much mindgames mixed with techskill and knowledge, ****in comin outta nowhere and beating half the PR, you're also a hero in teams, carrying my boy mike, which i didnt even know could happen, but you've definately proved yourself, keep comin out and show 'em you aren't a one time deal. also, you're gunna have to up your game, cuz you can bet your *** everyone else is gunna be learning the sonic matchup :p
5. Sauc3 ($11) - can join the no sleep club, current club size, 99% of tourney goers, why do people use this as a john? do they honestly believe that their opponent went to bed at 9pm the night before with a clear mind, and slept all through the night? **** no, they stayed up till 4am with whatever smashers they were travelling to the tourney with and then tried to sleep for the next 4 hours only to have their brains racing 100mph about the tourney to come, while being kept awake by the loud snores of the people who didnt enter the tourney and had a great sleep :p
7. JMo - i watched a few of your games and i can honestly say i play almost exactly like you, which is weird cuz both out style should be diff since we play totally diff people, we should play next time i have a feeling it will be epic
7. Toronto Joe - man i feel like i coerced you into playing ****ty characters in our pools and earlier games, tho i have a feeling i got the try hard joe that last mk ditto on rc, and the thing about he ditto is as long as you know what you're doing, anyone can win, its just a matter of outsmarting them that specific game and going for risks at the right time. now im sure if we played a bunch you'd def beat me more often that not, but i just got lucky (yes, lucky) with my choices that game, people really shouldnt look to much into this, my mk is good, but not nearly as good as yours,
9. Gichan - good **** running the tourney, and ****** my *** with cps (i totally deserved it :p), i'll have to learn the olimar/wario matchup with mk or something if i come back, cuz cps only get you so far in a set, you def have my number tho and im gunnin for you, gives me incentive to come out to the next tourney :)
9. Culex - ma boy, comin out after month of not playing and gettin 2nd in teams, you had a tough *** singles bracket and did the best you could for sure, fun mm aswell, dat dolla is mine :p
9. Raidos - yooo, so chills, too bad you're gunna be busy for a while i always have a great time comin down and chillin and gettin cheesed, play some smash n ****, next chance we get, smash for days :D, good **** drivin hamilton too, ill see you around, hopefully sooner than later
9. Iliad - oh wow, we had a fun mk ditto, you sd'd like twice i feel so bad, well done on the commentary aswell, you were close to beating me as mk, but it was certainly wonderful see you again, and chillin outside while you smoked, and that smoke went up into that thing, uh, whats it called, oh yeah, its the sky!
13. Ambrose - :D, cool seein you again, fell to the ics slayer, it happens to the best dont worry
13. Ryan FW -
13. Dan-Da-Man - /
13. Phiddlesticks - ***** my mk :(, just when i thought I knew the matchup, those damn up b's kept poking my shield n ****, u beat me hard, kirby was fun aswell, we always have fun sets, good times,
17. Jasuke - i owe you a minute 30 of calling time :p, fun seeing you again, mr best mutha ****in cap falcon in the world
17. Mprime - ggs in pools, keep workin on those ics
17. HrcPoke -
17. Logan -
17. Cura -
17. Peachy -
17. Patches - good games aswell, you had a hard as time killin me that first game, and once i get to that percent it gets easy to just shield gaw's attacks and punish bit by bit, good luck at cot5,
17. cMeDu -

Gichan

Smash Champion
ookkkaaayy, my ****ing huge *** shoutouts have arrived.

1. Ally - *****. **** you. now aside from the hate thanks for all the tips. you really do help me out a lot. even when you are trolling by doing the same move over and over again I learn how to deal with that. So yeah thanks, but we still be hatin k?

2. Holy Nightmare - Man you're starting to feel like a brother from mtl LOL. Akways fun to house you. But man, I seriously wonder how you are getting sooo good each time. Like, it's not increments of improvement, it's huugge jumps. PLEASE go to US tournies more often, it's time man.

3. Tin Man - Thanks for all the help, but no thanks for embarrasing me with diddy. Did you even use that char vs anyone else? Regardless, it's greatto have a diddy to practice against. Please come over sometime.

4. Hype ($22) - So ****ing great to see you again mother****er. This time we got to talk a bit more. Good luck on that ****ing marathon, you're such a beast man, I can't believe you're going for it. I'll try to come by sauga sometime and play you guys. Better train me up like you do for ryan.

5. Meekspeedy ($11) - What a man, may we have sex? Get dat ***** now that your balls dropped. Dude you are soooo good, like it's ridiculous lol. You make me kinda wanna play brawl seeing your huge improvement. Wifi didn't work for me...

5. Sauc3 ($11) - Wow man I had to be such a *** to win but like I was tired of getting ***** by DDD lol. Seriously though, you lost this time but warios don't **** you, that DDD of yours is mad legit all you really have to do is learn DDD vs oli in case of anything.

7. JMo - Maaaan, I am still a fan of yours and I'm glad you are finally active within the scene. I guess I gotta thank Tin for making sure to keep you around. I guess you can only go up from here. But expect me to try to improve again. I did from last time, it just seems you improved more than I did.

7. Toronto Joe - waah, waaah. Sooo fun having you around. You're still a **** as usual lol. Pizza Pizza sucks lol. come to my place again sometime mother****er, I wanna **** free Mks from here on out.

9. Culex - I'm glad I didn't have to play you sexy, I'll never beat you lol. Looking sexy daayyumm I'd love to hit that.

9. Raidos - Yo man, I shouldn't have won that easily. I don't like using sleep johns or excuses but I think in your case you seriously were just tired or something. You died in some ****ing ******** ways. Remember on halberd when you took out a grenade in the blastzone and magically died? LOL, ridiculous. Next time I know I'll have a hard time.

9. Iliad - Yo guy, we're free.

13. Ambrose - freeeeeee. You won;t look at ths shoutout anyways lol

13. Ryan FW - Dayum, it was great to see you to. Sauga always makes me happy lol, and ****ing sad to cause you guys always **** on me in games. I think I did improve so that's why I was more disappointed in losing to you than anything else but oh well, **** happens. As I said in hype's shoutout, I'll try to come by sometime soon.

13. Dan-Da-Man - Good **** for coming ou, 13th at this was legit man, this tournament was ****ing tough so just keep it up.

13. Phiddlesticks - Yo man, Chimcheeo (or however you spell it LOL) ****ing ***** you this time. Good luck charm my ***, look at this placing, 13th?! Next time you'll be ******

17. Jasuke - God damn man, you beat ally's falcon, wtf is this. Hamilton is just stupid good with falcon lol. I stll want sauga falcons vs hamilton falcons to go down.

17. Mprime - I saw those ICs in action lol. You just got a plethora of charcters don't you lol.

17. HrcPoke - from free placings, to 9th, to free placings again LOL. wtf man. Can't believe you were at the venue before me lololol, you're crazy man. That morning person speciality will take you places in the future.

17. Logan - get raaappeed.

17. Cura - Yoooo man, soo much fun having you and frannie (hope i got that right) around. You're so good even while rusty. Please come back with ICs though, I wanna see how you'll do with them here.

17. Peachy - Great that you finally came to a tournament and joined singles. I have been hyped up for your attendance for a while now. 17th surprises me actually, I really thought you were gonna get 7th. I'm going to have to play you soon and I'm deifnitely not looking forward to it lol.

17. Patches - God damn yo, you are defnitnely improving. Like seriously, I watched you in some matches and I'm defintiely impressed. Keep going, the competition is improving whil you are, remmeber that.

17. cMeDu - Get ***** man, wtf is this? Man, with York region training you're going to be beating me next like jMo did. I hate and love all of you guys lool.

25. SK and Leafshadow: You guys gave such amazing and entertaining matches. You two have so much potential and I can't wait to see how much you guys improve next time. Leafshadow was alrady talking like a big man after his 2nd place finish LOL. But keep it up, Sk we know you could make brackets but it happens.

25. Tdawg - Good to see you come back. You didn't do too well this time but don't worry there's always next time. Keep it up man.

25. Zetsu - Mah ****ing boooiii. Give me your email or something mother****er so I'll give you details on my casuals or just to talk the ****. Good to see you man, I seriously wonder when these low placings will stop and when you'll show your true potential

25. Skyler Silver - Yo same with you, time for that email. And you can't hustle another member of the miniorities. I'm ****ing broke to LOL.

25. Supreme Dirt - Holy **** dude, I can't believe how good you are geting and how fast you are getting there. I'm glad to see the casauls at my place have you playing more and getting better. I even saw better DI at this tournament. You made me proud, that G&W is getting legit.

25. Han - LOLOLOL, you're soooo freeeeee. I think you shoulda gone yoshi, I probably would have lost LOL.

25. Kongmetal - Good to see you at least come out for a bit. You have such potential, why do you have to be of york region?! Toronto needs players like you, god damn lol.

33. .exe - What a boss, you show dedication coming out to these tournaments despite low placings, but I really don't understand why that;s the case! You and zetsu are so ****ing good but always fail lol, learn to deal with tournament pressure, I know you got this.

33. Looftwaffles - Dont'w orry man, with samshfests at my place you'll be improving quicktime to. I'll keep you updated man. Sned me a text so i can get your number, I forgot to save it.

33. Fuddo - You failed me man, I know you can do waaay better than this!

33. Tekotsu - I hope you guys hada great time. Remmber what I told you about. If anything send me a PM.

33. Fishy - Dat Wario, it;s great to see someone else pik him up. you got potential with him, I think playing oli helped you a lot with spacing. Keep it up, by cot5 you will be comfortable amongst your competition.

33. Deegs2 - Of course you are from sauga, all of you guys are cool lol. I bought that lucas plush, be jealous lololl.

33. Douhneil - Bout time you came out again! Good **** on beating fuddo in AM brackets. Try to come to one of my smashfests sometime.

41. Deegs - Man you guys got DQed in the end anyways, **** lol. I really wanted to see you guys play in the AM bracket. Please come out more man, with Sauga training you guys will **** soon easily.

41. Boxer - LOLOL dat MK. I can't express it enough, you ****ing stepped it up HAARRD in AM bracket, ****ing congrats man! If Jack kept playing, you, him, and logan would all have been top ten contenders.

41. Mr.Plow - Man, you always look drunk LOLOL. I hope you continue playing man. you got this.

Drekken: That stream was ****ing fantastic, thanks soooo much for supplying us a much needed legit stream. I think viewers were impressed to come across professional streaming. I hope next time we can get more viewers. Your knowledge and understanding of competitive gaming is just too good, you were meant to do this kind of ****.

Photographer was such a beast, shoutouts for taking pics

Marik: Man it was great for you to at least drop by, always good to see you. P:M ended up failing anyways, but next time...next time.

RBox and Ryan: You sexy chocolates, I hope you guys weren't that ****ing bored with the tournament, must've been balls being there with a game you guys had no interest in. But it was great to see you guys. RBox thanks fo the set-ups and melee station.

Dimmy: Get ***** by life, but you're loaded now so whatever looool. next time bring your Marvel, ya herd.

Omega Collectables, thanks sooo much for sponsoring our tournament, I hope you guys can feel special for the fact that you are the first to do so for a smash tournament. The pot bonus and prize were just ****ing fantastic. Your items are always the ****, I hope you continue to grow with mroe success.

Overall, amazing tournament, I'm proud of this one. I know Tin must feel the same. You guys really are spoiled lol. One of you host something, antyhing, even if it's small, in April. I really just want the opportuntity to hang out with you guys.

Patches

Smash Master
I've done some thinking ladies. Seeing how I did at this tournament, and how I actually managed to take a set on a PR member and did decently against Hype too, I'm still going to main GaW. I'm going to practice more with him (dat wifi), and have a pocket Snake and MK ( just to know the match ups that much better ) however, I probably will not likely want to USE them in tourney, except maybe Snake.

So, from here on out, watch out for dat GaW and dat Dedede of mine. I'm going to get a lot better, especially if I can get down to Hamilton and join in on the smashfests.

cMeDu

Smash Journeyman
I think I performed poorly this tournament (on the account of some terrible decisions) just ask culex lol....

I'll try my best to achieve better results.

I don't care what tinman says.

Supreme Dirt

King of the Railway
I think Tin Man cares what he says.

But it's very possible he doesn't.

Oh, for people uploading replays, my tag was always Train, usually with a letter, number, or form of punctuation replacing the "N". Someone let me know when all my matches are uploaded, I need to keep my playlist updated.

jasonhan416

Smash Apprentice
too much yugioh, yo lol
I am going to start practicing brawl more .... LOL I need to be "good" in order to trash talk :p

~XP~

Smash Apprentice
too much yugioh, yo lol
I am going to start practicing brawl more .... LOL I need to be "good" in order to trash talk :p
Did you say Yu-Gi-Oh? I would like to partake in a match with you.

Should've went to this tourney. Although I've been playing a lot of Melee lately on account that I don't have a Wii, but I'll still be coming to next tourney whenever it happens, even if Melee isn't there. Hopefully

Top Bottom