• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Springfield, MO discussion thread

Zivilyn Bane

Smash Master
so car is back didnt get it fixed 412 to get it fixed found out that its my alternator so i was like hell i can do that myself and it hasnt totally **** out on me yet so ill have it fixed in the next couple of days
The alternator just charges your battery. How would that cause the transmission to slip?

YBMP

Smash Rookie
Lol it wasn't the ttransmissoin slipping it was just when I got my car rev to much it would switch to the battery output for a second cuzing it to sputter im getting it fixed though easy fix just buying a new alte and putting it in myself anyways im ready for saturday I think columbia did alot for me cuz now I feel pretty legit playiing but I know I still got alot to learn anyways me and u ziv need to sit down one day and train me some marth it'll be nice to learn from a pro

:phone:

Zivilyn Bane

Smash Master
Lol it wasn't the ttransmissoin slipping it was just when I got my car rev to much it would switch to the battery output for a second cuzing it to sputter im getting it fixed though easy fix just buying a new alte and putting it in myself anyways im ready for saturday I think columbia did alot for me cuz now I feel pretty legit playiing but I know I still got alot to learn anyways me and u ziv need to sit down one day and train me some marth it'll be nice to learn from a pro

Ok that makes sense. Yeah an alt is a heckuva lot cheaper than a transmission that's for sure lol.

On Saturday we can sit down and I'll go over several things with you. I'm not a pro though =/

Also you should try to watch as many matches as possible.

Some good Marths to watch are Mew2King, IB, PewPewU, Dart!, Arc, TAI, FullMetal, FMF, G$, and probably lots more that I'm forgetting.

Terral

bluehexagons
Slippi.gg
TERA#282
YBMP, it takes me about ten times as long as it should to read your posts and figure out what you're talking about, using sentences would help.
And don't buy into Ziv's modesty, he is totally pro. Watching videos of those Marths he mentioned wouldn't hurt, though.

Strong Badam

Super Elite
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer

Wow, that was all one sentence.

Terral

bluehexagons
Slippi.gg
TERA#282
We might be able to get to the church early, but we'll need to know when people want to show up first.

Zantetsu

Smash Master
Well, if you guys want to avoid getting up early, you could possibly stay here in Seymour tonight and just ride up with Jake tomorrow. This idea currently has too many holes since I have yet to talk to Jake about what he's doing tomorrow and I have yet to talk to my friend for staying at his house and having a smashfest later tonight. Since I have yet to talk to them, and I don't even know what you guys want to do, I'll leave it at that for now. It'd be nice to have some of the Columbia crew in my phone, so Bert, Sinister, or whoever wants to figure **** out asap, txt me with your name: +1 (417) 554-0425

*Number will be removed in 24 hours*

Zivilyn Bane

Smash Master
I would be more proactive with this question, however I'm actually working until 6pm tomorrow so I can't really make those kind of decisions =/

Zivilyn Bane

Smash Master
Wow the tourney was really fun. OMG Roman is getting SOOO good. I took him out in Winners finals 3-1, then he took me out in GF set 1, 3-1. Then I won GF set 2 3-0. Insanely good sets.

Linkz got 3rd!!! OMG Drew and Nathan we needed you guys there to make sure no brawl players crack the top 3 but they did =/

I teamed with Jake, team "So Zetta Slow" and we got 2nd. Terral and Roman got 1st.

Terral

bluehexagons
Slippi.gg
TERA#282
Tournament was excellent. It's too bad so many people couldn't make it, both locally and travelling. Hopefully we get more people back next month, on the 21st.

Zivilyn Bane

Smash Master
In case I didn't text you, today (Easter) my wife was driving us and the kids to her grandmothers and some moron ran a red light and we tboned him going through an intersection. We are all ok and have no injuries but our car was wrecked pretty good. Luckily he had insurance.

-Sinister-

Smash Ace
In case I didn't text you, today (Easter) my wife was driving us and the kids to her grandmothers and some moron ran a red light and we tboned him going through an intersection. We are all ok and have no injuries but our car was wrecked pretty good. Luckily he had insurance.

holy ****. **** people who can't drive.

Zivilyn Bane

Smash Master
holy ****. **** people who can't drive.
Yeah definitely. He wasn't drunk or anything either. Just an idiot not paying attention. Oh and we weren't even like, stopped at a red light that just turned green. Our light was green forever and he just didn't stop and BAM. Right into him we went. My two year old son started crying and I was scared to death. He was the only one that came out with a scratch and bump...thinking he was leaning towards the door and bumped his head on impact. It's small and he's not hurt but if he was I don't know what I would've done =/

Linkz17

Smash Apprentice
So, I finally found this thread. I wish I had seen that link from the tourney page sooner. Oh well. At least I'm here now I suppose. I find it ironic though that I haven't posted in this thread, yet my information is on the OP. I'd like a few things changed if you don't mind: if you can get rid of the 17 in my name, that'd be great. I really hate the number, but Linkz was already taken on this site by some guy that hasn't been active in like 4 years. Also, you can add my youtube account if you'd like, or my BFC account as well.

Now that I've found this thread, I'll probably be active on it. I'd like to know what's going on after all.

Linkz got 3rd!!! OMG Drew and Nathan we needed you guys there to make sure no brawl players crack the top 3 but they did =/
Haha, I'm still laughing about this. I love defying logic, in this case, the brawl player beating out everyone but the top two melee players. Lmao.

Zivilyn Bane

Smash Master
Good to hear you'll be active here Linkz, we appreciate that.

As for our melee team goes, the next smashfest is looking like it will be Sunday, May 1st. We will be meeting up at Next Level Games and we will NEED players to bring TVs if possible. Roman and I have decided to not play on my HDTV anymore as there are some input lags going on. So everybody please post up if you can make it. We'll probably go noon-5pm again...maybe 11am if anybody wants. Please post if you can bring a tube TV also...but we'll really only need two or three total. I'd rather not play on Romans baby tv so lets try to avoid that if possible.

Terral

bluehexagons
Slippi.gg
TERA#282
Dang it, I work 1-10 that day. It's way too soon to ask off, so I can't show up. Have fun, though.

Ugvts

Smash Cadet
First off: Holy mañana, Zivilyn! Good thing your thumbs are safe! Oh yes, and your wife and children, they are similarly important. (I joke because I care! Don't get mad! :nervous: )

Now then, I think we should do melee tournaments. It is far better than Brawl, in every way, and I am willing to completely convert over and only play melee. Never touching any other game (especially brawl) again. Everyone else should, too. Especially Linkz, I think he would be a very good Rodan player.

For anyone somehow unfamiliar with melee

Blue Zexion

Smash Cadet
LOL rodan, i hope i can go to next months ive been really busy lately and yah solely melee sounds fun....crazy linkz got third in melee.

Zivilyn Bane

Smash Master
Now then, I think we should do melee tournaments. It is far better than Brawl, in every way, and I am willing to completely convert over and only play melee. Never touching any other game (especially brawl) again. Everyone else should, too. Especially Linkz, I think he would be a very good Rodan player.
Lol. Melee....I get it.

Linkz17

Smash Apprentice
Everyone else should, too. Especially Linkz, I think he would be a very good Rodan player.
Rodan? What's that? =O

LOL rodan, i hope i can go to next months ive been really busy lately and yah solely melee sounds fun....crazy linkz got third in melee.
Solely Melee sounds boring. >_<

And yeah, I got 3rd in Melee. No one knows how exactly. I guess miracles do happen. Lol.
...crazy Linkz?

LordByronXIII

Smash Rookie
Hey guys, I my family just moved to AR near Springfield and I am looking to get into the local smash scene. What tournaments are there around the area this summer? Someone told me that there were monthly tournaments in Springfield, were they right? I only play brawl tho and they didn't specify what game(s) were played at those tournaments. I've been playing a lot here at college and don't want to get rusty over the summer. Thanks. Hope to play against some of ya'll sometime.

Zivilyn Bane

Smash Master
Hey guys, I my family just moved to AR near Springfield and I am looking to get into the local smash scene. What tournaments are there around the area this summer? Someone told me that there were monthly tournaments in Springfield, were they right? I only play brawl tho and they didn't specify what game(s) were played at those tournaments. I've been playing a lot here at college and don't want to get rusty over the summer. Thanks. Hope to play against some of ya'll sometime.
That's correct, we do monthly tournaments, usually the third Saturday of every month. They are Brawl and Melee. We usually get between 12-20 players and pretty much everyone enters both events, but we're split with about 6 Melee exclusive players such as myself, 8 or so brawl exclusive players, and a few that are both. Too bad you play Brawl =/ We could use some more melee players.

Anyways, we update this topic with upcoming tournaments so just keep an eye out here, or if you're on AiB you can check us out there too. It'll be nice to have a new face though.

Linkz17

Smash Apprentice
Oh nice, another Brawl player. Yay.
Like Ziv said, we have tourneys once a month in Springfield consisting of both Brawl and Melee. Everyone is really cool and everyone generally plays in both brawl and melee events, and we have people from a variety of skill levels.

It'd be really great to have you become part of our tourney scene. Maybe you could even make the May tournament. I live in Branson, thus I'm near the Arkansas border. If you need driving directions, I can provide them.

I must ask btw, who do you main? ROB?

Linkz17

Smash Apprentice
Well you obviously didn't do a very good job because they still haven't been processed -_-
I haven't been able to contact the Midwest Tournament Processor. However, I've just informed a friend of mine that happens to also be a tourney processor, just for a different region. Hopefully she'll take care of it though.

Terral

bluehexagons
Slippi.gg
TERA#282
Still nothing. Would it be bad to upload the results again? It happened like this one other time, where I uploaded results and nothing happened for a few days, then I uploaded them again and it was processed an hour later.

Zantetsu

Smash Master
ATTENTION SPRINGFIELD CREW: Event 52 is coming soon and the following people are going:

Jake(YBMP)
Roman(Zantetsu)
Drew(Drewbear/Chi)
Nathan(Tempest)

We have a spot open! We are unsure if we will be leaving Friday night or Saturday morning but if you have those days open, you are welcomed to join us. Whoever confirms a spot first gets it, but if someone beats you, go ahead and call a spot in case anyone bails. You will need 5 dollars for the entry fee, plus whatever tournaments you are entering (singles: 10/ doubles: 20 per team) and you will need about 12 dollars for gas + whatever you need for food. The tournament is located in Lawrence, KS (Kansas City) and it's about a 3-4 hour drive so be prepared to wake up very very early if we decide to leave Saturday instead. This is not a tournament you will want to miss. I've been to the first Event 52 and it had a number of noticeable players such as Hungrybox, Mew2king, Colbol, and a whole lot more, SO RESERVE YOUR SEAT NOW!!! :)

Also, for those who don't know, melee smashfest at Next Level Games, this Sunday. Time is unknown currently but it'll be somewhere around the 12-5 region.

Linkz17

Smash Apprentice
Still nothing. Would it be bad to upload the results again? It happened like this one other time, where I uploaded results and nothing happened for a few days, then I uploaded them again and it was processed an hour later.
Alright, my friend was able to take care of it for us. =)
I wish she was in charge of the midwest. Things would get done so much faster.

Zivilyn Bane

Smash Master
Ok I don't have any ride to the smashfest on Sunday (my car was wrecked on Easter). I tried to call/text Roman but no answer =/

Can anybody pick me up?

Top Bottom