• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Springfield, MO discussion thread

-Sinister-

Smash Ace
apex = HUGE DISAPPOINTMENT.

who agrees?

the only thing i enjoyed was watching mango's matches and javi's matches where he *****.

Strong Badam

Super Elite
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
its not very entertaining
you dont have to watch tho. i left after game 2 and money matched ice, shiz, pc, kdj, captain jack (dk ditto friendlies after)

Terral

bluehexagons
Slippi.gg
TERA#282
Brawl singles was actually pretty fun to watch, though I only saw winner's finals and forward.

Wretched

Dankness of Heart
Michael, we shouldn't worry about that.
Regardless of where the community goes, it is always about the individual.
I will never stop enjoying this game, regardless of what I say in the moment. I will keep playing if it is just Terrence, Michael, and I and the boards died and tournaments stopped.

_Yes!_

Smash Hero
Michael, we shouldn't worry about that.
Regardless of where the community goes, it is always about the individual.
I will never stop enjoying this game, regardless of what I say in the moment. I will keep playing if it is just Chris, Terrence, Michael, and I and the boards died and tournaments stopped.
10chibos

:089:

Zantetsu

Smash Master
I will keep playing if it is just Terrence, Michael, and I and the boards died and tournaments stopped.
Is this implying that you believe I'm going to quit soon?

As much as it may seem that I've lost interest in this game, that's certainly not the case. I've been having to compress all of my Springfield activities into 1 day and honestly, I normally put smash behind the rest. Does that mean I plan on quitting the game? Not one bit. I will be moving to Springfield in May or June and when I do, I'll be able to play at any time that I'm not working. Right now I'm in a decline for smash, but I guarantee that when I move, I'll play a lot more and I'll get so much better than all of you. You guys will end up quitting because of how good I am before I quit this game.

Word.

Wretched

Dankness of Heart
Is this implying that you believe I'm going to quit soon?

As much as it may seem that I've lost interest in this game, that's certainly not the case. I've been having to compress all of my Springfield activities into 1 day and honestly, I normally put smash behind the rest. Does that mean I plan on quitting the game? Not one bit. I will be moving to Springfield in May or June and when I do, I'll be able to play at any time that I'm not working. Right now I'm in a decline for smash, but I guarantee that when I move, I'll play a lot more and I'll get so much better than all of you. You guys will end up quitting because of how good I am before I quit this game.

Word.
No I wasn't implying that at all.
I know you aren't going to quit, but play more.

_Yes!_

Smash Hero
Hey guys, there's alot of extra Apex 2012 shirts that the staff wants to sell if you're interested, originally $25 but now it's $15, free shipping. Anyone interested?

^shirt

Zivilyn Bane

Smash Master
Whatever, this tournament isn't worth remembering.
Arby can you elaborate on this a little bit for us? Aside from the lame grand finals set, and the obvious frustrations with the stream (which shouldn't have bothered you, being there and all), what was wrong with the tourney from your perspective?

EDIT: Nevermind Arby, I got the gist of it from the Arkansas topic.

I can't wait til Roman moves to town.

Anybody in our crew (or reading this) have a 3ds? Addddd meeeee!
5155-3243-4640
:phone:

-Sinister-

Smash Ace
as much as i like m2k, forfeiting melee cuz there's more money to be made in brawl and then getting 13th in brawl is a major fail. him in melee singles would've made the tournament way more interesting.

Terral

bluehexagons
Slippi.gg
TERA#282
as much as i like m2k, forfeiting melee cuz there's more money to be made in brawl and then getting 13th in brawl is a major fail. him in melee singles would've made the tournament way more interesting.
That's just silly.

I'm looking at the Apex Melee bracket and it looks like a bunch of nonsense. I don't recognize half of the names that beat people I wanted to do well.

_Yes!_

Smash Hero
He's an idiot for ever forfeiting.

Tourney was awesome and I wish I could have gone.

But yeah if you want a shirt lemme know.

Zantetsu

Smash Master
This image is wonderful, even though it's from a brawl match:

The black guy to the right of the Asian who won totally has a trollface on.

arbustos

Smash Journeyman
Arby can you elaborate on this a little bit for us? Aside from the lame grand finals set, and the obvious frustrations with the stream (which shouldn't have bothered you, being there and all), what was wrong with the tourney from your perspective?
There were also a lot of questionable decisions from the TO and disorganization on all sides.

But what it really boils down to is the sickening feeling that Melee wasted what should have been its best tournament ever. At least performance and match-wise. Blue balls doesn't begin to describe it.
That's just silly.

I'm looking at the Apex Melee bracket and it looks like a bunch of nonsense. I don't recognize half of the names that beat people I wanted to do well.
Don't place much of anything in these results. This time more than any other, judge the players on how they actually played, not how they placed. The videos won't be able to capture the despondent feeling in that room though. We must have had some dementors hidden overhead.

Wretched

Dankness of Heart
I challenge Chris.
Therefore you cannot play Terrence until your match with me has been completed.
If I beat you and you beat Terrence, I will get to play you again for your spot.

Terral

bluehexagons
Slippi.gg
TERA#282
You have to use Bowser if you expect to win. It's Wretched's one true weakness.

Terral

bluehexagons
Slippi.gg
TERA#282
I think we should do a leader board for Brawl even if there is no demand. I think it'll encourage people to get better. I've been hearing that BZA and ICE have been training, Linkz might make a return, and hopefully we'll see a fair number of new Brawl players so maybe some of those will become regulars. The Brawl crew might finally start to rival the Melee crew in size.

Ugvts

Smash Cadet
I better start training up my Pokemon Trainer, then.

RED! Get back in the water!

Top Bottom