• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Springfield Smash XII June

Zantetsu

Smash Master
If you can find some places, then do so. Even if we do get Next Level or Meta, it would be nice to have extra locations so we can plan tournaments with more ease. I don't really have the time at the moment to talk with anybody, so I'm out until I'm at least settled in Springfield.

Terral

bluehexagons
Slippi.gg
TERA#282
I haven't heard back from a church I had sent an email to. Has anyone else tried to contact anywhere? Linkz offered to let us have the tournament at his house, but he's in Branson. It's still a possibility, though. I'm not thinking we are going to get a ton of people, probably around 10.

Wretched

Dankness of Heart
Dude... Branson is closer to Arkansas. What if we got them again? We could get other midwesters too.

Terral

bluehexagons
Slippi.gg
TERA#282
I think that would be asking a bit much, even if you were serious.

Linkz17

Smash Apprentice
Linkz offered to let us have the tournament at his house, but he's in Branson. It's still a possibility, though. I'm not thinking we are going to get a ton of people, probably around 10.
I had offered to host the tourney at my house. Sadly I was just informed that I may be having relatives over this weekend. They'd be occupying the area which could be used for the tourney. It's looking like this month is out.

As for other months, I could host at my house. My basement is decent sized (not nearly as big as the Pathways basement though) and has 16 power outlets which could be used. Everyone would just have to note that I only have 2 TVs, 1 Wii/Brawl and 1 GC/Melee setup. So other setups would be needed, as well as tables to place the additional setups on.

I will say however, that I'll be in Springfield tomorrow. I'll go ahead and talk to Next Level Games and Meta Games and see if either of them would be willing to let us have the tourney there. There'll probably be a venue fee if we do get the space.

Plus Linkz probably wants brawl. He wouldn't want a big *** Melee fest.
Depends what you mean by "big." I have a decent space, but it's not huge. It is a house after all. Also, so long as there's a Brawl event, I don't mind there being Melee, even if it's bigger than the Brawl event. After all, that's how the tourneys usually were anyways.

Terral

bluehexagons
Slippi.gg
TERA#282
Hopefully we can find something. I'm extremely busy with a lot of things going on, so I haven't had much chance to try to find a new venue yet. This is a pretty terrible time for our venue to cancel the tournaments. The church I contacted still hasn't gotten back to me. I may try calling tomorrow or whenever it is that I have time to. If anyone has any suggestions, that would definitely be appreciated.

Zantetsu

Smash Master
Do you have any connections to this church, Terral? I would think that they wouldn't want to rent to strangers. Oh, and we can always charge venue fees, so you could mention that we could pay for using the venue.

Terral

bluehexagons
Slippi.gg
TERA#282
The only connection I have is Robbie and his dad. Hopefully I do hear back, but given how short notice it would be at this point I don't really feel comfortable bugging them more for this month's tournament. I've been very busy the past week or so and will continue to be busy for the next week. If anyone wants to help out and try to find a venue, that would be awesome. I just don't have the time or connections. We have a couple Brawl players interested in traveling but it's getting to the point where I'm not even sure that we will have a venue.

If all else fails, we still need to have SOMETHING on the 30th, even if it's <10 people in someone's house or something like that, just for the people who asked off work and want to meet us. I don't know if anyone would want to volunteer for that.

Zantetsu

Smash Master
The managers from my Apartment told me I would be able to move in within 5 days of putting my renters app in, but I haven't heard from them and I put it in on Friday, so I can't guarantee a smashfest at my house, but it's likely. I would also have to talk to my roommate who doesn't play. I'm not sure he would want a large group of people over on the first weekend of moving in.

Linkz17

Smash Apprentice
I talked to Meta Games and the guy said that it wouldn't be possible to have our tourney there this weekend. As far as for future tournaments goes, he said that the guy that we'd have to talk to wasn't there today, and wouldn't be back until next week. However he believes that it would be possible for us to use their facilities in the future.

As far as Next Level Games goes, I wasn't able to make it there before they closed. I can call them tomorrow and see what they say, but it's really getting close to Saturday, so I don't know if they'd let us.

Terral

bluehexagons
Slippi.gg
TERA#282
We have a backup plan: my parents' house. If all else fails, we can have the tournament there. This is not ideal.

How many people are definitely going to be there?

The tournament has been canceled.

Top Bottom