• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Squigi Attack (Epic Luigi Combo)

hippiedude92

Smash Hero
Prefered the Japanese luigi combos instead. Bleh, sure it's a cool combo and stuff, (you might as well make a combo vid lol), but nonetheless, seen it and done it. (lol well maybe not done it cause you gotta be lucky with the dair spike :p )

and lol @ snake for not learning how to airdodge/DI

Blayd

Smash Apprentice
thank you all^^

I made this Combo before this japanese luigi combo vid came out :p
but I had no time to record and edit it until today

and btw it was an online match, so it wasn`t so easy to do x)

xDD-Master

Smash Champion
No johns xD

It's still a very good combo, i think you done it 2 or 3 weeks ago ^^

Luigi for Top Tier !!! (Yeah he's cool...)

Eten

Smash Ace
can it be air dodged or DI'ed out of???

Test plz b4 i praise
plz understand weegee. it's never about inescapable combos but flexibility and various combo strings

Nair->utilt->utilt is standard fare and always works at least on snake. The opener(whiffed dair to FF nair) is favorite of luigi's too. Luigi could probably have also gone nair->jab or nair->grab.

Snake DIed away from luigi. If he DIed behind luigi, luigi would still have had a 50%+ damage combo from a 2x uair or uair->bair or something when snake went above the platforms.

Snake could have airdodged the uair. Luigi's nair afterwards could have chased the airdodge however and still hit him.

Once the dair hit the rest of it was legit. Dair -> fastfall-> no tech(you only tech spikes as random as that by accident) -> jab reset -> up-b. Snake could have probably airdodged or DIed differently or even up-B'd away from the dair, but it would have been a lot like the last time.

So in this instance Snake made the choice for like 2 worst case scenarios that ended up in a 0-death in ~5 seconds. In comparison to like a best-case scenario he'd escape with only like 46% damage. That's the advantage luigi has on large heavy-weights with slow aerials. The real pro part about this is the fast moves on the dair spike->fastfall->jab reset->up-b. You don't see that much, and it was the perfect way to punish snake in the situation. (essentially what deserves the praise)

TreK

Is "that guy"
YAHUZ an european luigi :o <- random nub who wants to ditto pm meh plz
nice combo indeed xD
btw i just can't find the sweetspot of the dair ; was it a lucky shot or you could teach me ?

Atash

Smash Apprentice
Ever notice how whenever Luigi spins around his hands create a little wispy white circle around his upper torso? The spike box is that white circle (basically, Luigi's hands are the spike zones).

If people are talking about a spike during an attack, one way to find out about it (for most aerial attacks) is just to look for where wispy white particles/circles/sparkles occur during that attack (Kirby's D-air has two circles, Falco's D-air has wispy sparkles... shinnyyyyyyy...).

EDIT: Semi-ninja'd by Crewster. -.-'

sMexy-Blu

Smash Lord
This seems it could be easily dodged but the dair spike to A > Up B was too good. O_O

Top Bottom