• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Squirtleknight is obnoxious obv :012:. - Marth+

VietGeek

Smash Hero
The key speak in third-person is to.

We will only then receive the necessary changes we will.

WheelOfFish

Smash Journeyman
Don't make his SH too high, just high enough that doing double f-airs consistently is sliiiiightly more feasible.

I mean, I play Marth for fun in Melee and doing double f-airs is so easy compared to Brawl+ Marth.

*P*L*U*R*

Smash Hero
Soooooooo.... Make things easier just because you can't do it consistently?

He's fine, dood. If I recall correctly, isn't he still like one of the best characters in the game? Don't 'fix' him just because something's to hard for you. Learn how to do it consistently.

GHNeko

Sega Stockholm Syndrome.
NNID
GHNeko
No one said anything about it being hard to do. I've said multiple times that I have little to no issues with marth's staple tactics. If anything, my break from him has allowed me to drop habits and I've been performing better.

There is a difference between good physics for a character and the best physics for a character. His current SH isnt the best and it could be better. Plenty of characters have gotten physics reworks, but not all of them are on point. Marth is one of them.

Plenty of people here can do marth shii no problem (except SS12 lol) but a vast majority of agree, yes, he SH could be higher because it was made too low. When you over change something and dont get the intended result. You fix it. >_>

I hate how people bring up a requested change and blame it on the player's ability rather than thinking, "o hai it just might be the char lololol"

VietGeek

Smash Hero
i thought smash players favored arbitrary execution barriers over actual game play anyway? deal with the height guys. if you can still do double fairs, his sh is high enough.
1. This kinda post basically describes and displays the sort of things I hate about Smash players. <_<

2. I'm sure we should walk down Sakurai's route of game design again too. He thought Brawl was good enough too.

Also I didn't know Brawl+ Gold already came out. Did we stop beta testing? Or do we all think "beta testing" is receiving the product before it is officially released?

VietGeek

Smash Hero
IDK man

i was reading this greek myth

about this woman trapped in sum cage

then zeus appeared and dropped golden rain onto her

and she got pregnant

it was pretty cool i guess

but not as cool as ice cars

the coolest ride around for that cold-hearted *******

born in the winter of february

cuz he IS the cold steel

obv

VietGeek

Smash Hero
ya we should just leave dthrow to vbrawl defaults

instead of trying to make it **** leik melee

although it proly did that cuz of dat gravity

so ya

i herd ur Nu got repeatedly hit with the nerf hammer until she downgraded into Windows Vista.

ya...Vista.

nagging Lamb is nagging.

Miss Lamb!

VietGeek

Smash Hero
someone fix me before i tear down the mean streets of fairfax with me ice car

i mean shield breaker

srry gotta be smash related mirite

GHNeko

Sega Stockholm Syndrome.
NNID
GHNeko
ya we should just leave dthrow to vbrawl defaults

instead of trying to make it **** leik melee

although it proly did that cuz of dat gravity

so ya

i herd ur Nu got repeatedly hit with the nerf hammer until she downgraded into Windows Vista.

ya...Vista.

nagging Lamb is nagging.

Miss Lamb!
omfg dont talk about nu. ;__;

SymphonicSage12

Smash Master
Hi, guys, I know I'd said I would disappear forever, but I just want to say one thing.

*gets pom poms*

GO NEKO GO!

VietGeek

Smash Hero
SAGE12 used Pom-pom!
Foe NEKO's Attack raised greatly!
Jin Win used Aerial Raptor Boost!
Critical Hit!
Foe NEKO Fainted.
----------------------------
Jin Win! VietChair defeated Mr. Nyan~

in all seriousness

how can we fix nu?

i mean marfs sh

srry ice cars on my mind

GHNeko

Sega Stockholm Syndrome.
NNID
GHNeko
SAGE12 used Pom-pom!
Foe NEKO's Attack raised greatly!
Jin Win used Aerial Raptor Boost!
Critical Hit!
Foe NEKO Fainted.
----------------------------
Jin Win! VietChair defeated Mr. Nyan~

in all seriousness

how can we fix nu?

i mean marfs sh

srry ice cars on my mind
Nu needs more sexy feet. It's the reason why they were nerfing her anyways. Feet are 2sexi.

Right now, Marth's SH is like ugly Nu feet. We need to give it a pedicure.

_Yes!_

Smash Hero
or you're just *****ing for no reason? if he can still do what is needed with a shorter jump height, he's less vulnerable to being punished, making him a BETTER CHARACTER.

shanus

Smash Hero
or you're just *****ing for no reason? if he can still do what is needed with a shorter jump height, he's less vulnerable to being punished, making him a BETTER CHARACTER.
Just to play devil's advocate, this isn't necessarily true. Adding 2-4 frames of additional air time could allow you to vary your spacing more or also slightly alter your combo set-ups (as you have more leniency on when to place your hitbox windows) which could also make him a better character.

Just saying ;-)

_Yes!_

Smash Hero
Marth's aerial DI isn't fast enough to make 2-4 frames worth it. If we were talking wario/jiggs sure, but at this point if it gets the job done then I like it.

btw shane stop failing and come to btl2

Alphatron

Smash Champion
Neko is just a man who strives for perfection, the nature hidden deep within that of Ness mains. Perhaps he may have a point.

bob-e

Smash Journeyman
Since hit boxes can now be made visible, I went and made a pac, along with a frame by frame video for Marth+ that shows all his hit boxes.

pac
http://www.mediafire.com/?gvymg1nkmim

video
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rOdkQG7Y1OI

Also, wasn't the reason Marth's SH originally got changed because it was considered too good? It let him weave in and out too well, or hang in front of his opponent for ever, and apply amazing pressure. Then they tried to fix this during the nightly builds by making Marth fall like a rock so he couldn't hang at the apex of his jumps for so long, but people *****ed about this, because he didn't feel like Marth anymore. So 5.0 gave us back floaty Marth, but with a lower SH and slightly less air control. And now some people want Marth's SH to be raised, bringing it full circle?

Make up your mind.

VietGeek

Smash Hero
Let's all be honest here:

Marth's usmash is the best buff Sakurai ever did.

And that's saying something.

Top Bottom