• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

squirtles side -b

Burnsy

Smash Lord
Do YOU really think that is necessary? We try to compile everything, and it was clearly a mistake. There is no change that is intentionally left out of changelogs...
Well, I guess not? Maybe...? I understand it wasn't intentional, but I trust in that sort of data a lot. Squirtle's tail is still invincible on all attacks that use it, right?

Last edited:

Ragna22

Smash Ace
Well this thread is close enough to what I'd like to ask. Alright so yesterday I invited some friends over to do 1v1s, one of them uses Squirtal and the other uses Samus, my question is, when does Squirtal's side-B armor activate? Because Samus' fully charged shot hits him sometimes, other times Squirtal ignores it, I figured it might be near the end of Squirtal's side-B animation because I noticed that he glows yellow for a bit before he comes out but I'm not sure.

~Dad~

part time gay dad
Well this thread is close enough to what I'd like to ask. Alright so yesterday I invited some friends over to do 1v1s, one of them uses Squirtal and the other uses Samus, my question is, when does Squirtal's side-B armor activate? Because Samus' fully charged shot hits him sometimes, other times Squirtal ignores it, I figured it might be near the end of Squirtal's side-B animation because I noticed that he glows yellow for a bit before he comes out but I'm not sure.

Side b sometimes goes through fully charged shot? o_O I'm gonna need some verification on that lol.

Armor is active the entire time you're in withdrawl, but it gets weaker the higher in percent you are. The armor is based on knockback, and the higher percent you are the higher knockback you receive. (So, things that wouldn't knock you out of withdrawl at 0% might at a higher percent.)

The yellow flashing is just a way to let you know that the move is about to end.
Pro tip: Don't let it end on the ground or near your opponent, turn away from them, jump, and cancel it in the air with b. This way you are still moving during the endlag of the move. It makes it harder for your opponent to punish you.

Ragna22

Smash Ace
Side b sometimes goes through fully charged shot? o_O I'm gonna need some verification on that lol.

Armor is active the entire time you're in withdrawl, but it gets weaker the higher in percent you are. The armor is based on knockback, and the higher percent you are the higher knockback you receive. (So, things that wouldn't knock you out of withdrawl at 0% might at a higher percent.)

The yellow flashing is just a way to let you know that the move is about to end.
Pro tip: Don't let it end on the ground or near your opponent, turn away from them, jump, and cancel it in the air with b. This way you are still moving during the endlag of the move. It makes it harder for your opponent to punish you.
Huh, alright then, thank you for the info.

PlateProp

Smash Master
NNID
Genericality
3DS FC
3823-8710-2486

Has anyone but me noticed that Mario's fireballs knock Squirtle out of withdraw but Dr. Mario's pills do not?

Top Bottom