• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

SSB 64 Tournament UPDATE

cpotamianos@gmail.com

Smash Apprentice
Hey everyone! Us again
With new information for our Smash Bros 64 Tournament.

We are looking for laid-back people who can provide some competition.
All ages are welcome. To spice things up there will be a $10 buy-in.

The Skill levels are pretty high so the competition should be great!

TO REGISTER or to find out MORE DETAILS PLEASE CALL
(818) 458-4822 for Chris
(818) 631-0690 for Mike OR
(818) 319-1830 for Francis
Thank you, we look forward to Playing you!

Entry Fee:
1v1 $10

Prizes: (15% of the prizes will go to House to cover cost, the rest given to the players in the following percentages)

Singles:
1st place - 70% of prize (est of $224)
2nd place - 15% of prize (est of $48)
3rd place - gets back their buy-in

Doubles:
Buy-in is $10 each person ($20 per team)
- 2v2 Single elimination
- Will start before singles
- As far as game play - singles rules apply

Date: Saturday August 23, 2008
People can arrive as early as 11AM
Tournament Starts: when all contestants arrive
(absolute latest 2PM)
Singles Start, then Doubles if wanted
Tournament ends: then kick back begins. but gaming still continues.

Tournament Rules

•Double Elimination
•All matches are best of 3, with finals best of 5.
•5 stock, No Time limit
However excessive STALLING is NOT allowed! If caught doing so, you will be asked to stopped with a warning. If you continue to do so, you will forfeit the match.
•Items OFF

•Stages/Characters Choices:
••Stages available: Peach's Castle, Hyrule Temple, Dreamland and Congo Jungle.
••Counter Stages are: Saffron City and Sector Z
••Stages Banned are: Mushroom Kingdom, Yoshi's Island, and Planet Zebes

•First round stage is random unless players can agree upon a stage
•Advanced Slob Picks - Loser may choose the next stage or elect to go to random, then winner may choose to change characters, then loser may change characters
•Double Blind may be called in the first match

--You are responsible to BRING YOUR OWN CONTROLLER.
Bringing Food and Beverages welcomed. Some will be Provided.

*Rules are STILL subject to change by registered surveys.
REGISTER WHILE SEATS ARE AVAILABLE. SEATS GOING FAST.

whaahppnd

Smash Journeyman
wow there are people that still play smash near usc
lookin forward to it =]

cpotamianos@gmail.com

Smash Apprentice
Our rules were based on surveys. Neutral Levels were voted in. Yoshi's Island has no particular dangers to any one character. Saffron City does. Ness can easily be stuck between buildings without any hope of a double jump. The pokemon in Saffron City also is an issue. Yoshi's Island has clouds that have limited standing time but unlike the pokemon luck is a factor and sometimes singles out and attacks individuals.

whaahppnd

Smash Journeyman
lmao at yoshi island bein more neutral than saffron
saffron is usually a counter and yea it sux for ness but is neutral (or close to neutral) for everyone else

and cloud=HUGE advantage
bleh guess im gona go all the way to the right one and shdl all day

Surri-Sama

Smash Hero
Our rules were based on surveys. Neutral Levels were voted in. Yoshi's Island has no particular dangers to any one character. Saffron City does. Ness can easily be stuck between buildings without any hope of a double jump. The pokemon in Saffron City also is an issue. Yoshi's Island has clouds that have limited standing time but unlike the pokemon luck is a factor and sometimes singles out and attacks individuals.
wth, are you saying the pokemon that come out of saffron have minds of their own??

Zebes is netural...those surveys you took..did the people who vote actually play smash...or did you just ask your family to pick 5 stages? O_o

and btw Saffron can be slob picked...so either way ness isnt hurt..unless you dont know how to use the advanced slob D:

cpotamianos@gmail.com

Smash Apprentice
The surveys are based on the people who call and register.
The more registrations received, the more polls are received, then rules are subject to change.

the only rules on the table so far are the levels, but so far saffron is still out. If thats a problem, you know how you can change that. Like i said, we are a pretty laid back group looking forward to awesome games. we work with you.

For those who still want in
Please call and register before spots are taken (we are currently at 23 out of 32 spots)
you can call or text me at (818) 458-4822 (with full name, number and any rules requests)
my name is Chris.
Thanks everyone =)

Malaca

Smash Rookie
wth, are you saying the pokemon that come out of saffron have minds of their own??

Zebes is netural...those surveys you took..did the people who vote actually play smash...or did you just ask your family to pick 5 stages? O_o

and btw Saffron can be slob picked...so either way ness isnt hurt..unless you dont know how to use the advanced slob D:

Oh wow.. Yes.. exactly. pokemon have a mind of their own because they are actually alive in the game. Its called random programing. The pokemon are programed to randomly select characters to attack. but like when you hit random stages.. its usually picks the same level out of unlucky probability.
And how does slob help if you cant get out between the buildings.. you can have 0% damage and still be spiked between the buildings with no way out. nice use of advantage dumb a**

Stay in canada..

lol SHDL on clouds

And yeah but who the hell plays Ness?
About everyone who plays smash bros plays with ness if they are well rounded with the characters. Even the "best players" like isai and park play with ness..

Zen Yore

Smash Ace
Montreal, Quebec, Canada, North America, Earth
Oh wow.. Yes.. exactly. pokemon have a mind of their own because they are actually alive in the game. Its called random programing. The pokemon are programed to randomly select characters to attack. but like when you hit random stages.. its usually picks the same level out of unlucky probability.
And how does slob help if you cant get out between the buildings.. you can have 0% damage and still be spiked between the buildings with no way out. nice use of advantage dumb a**

Stay in canada..

About everyone who plays smash bros plays with ness if they are well rounded with the characters. Even the "best players" like isai and park play with ness..
Maybe but who the hell would play Ness in a tournament ?
If you really want to win you would use Kirby or Pikachu.

Also if I would be living near this place I would go but not anymore because you're one of the tourney organizers xO zzzzz

Malaca

Smash Rookie
Maybe but who the hell would play Ness in a tournament ?
If you really want to win you would use Kirby or Pikachu.

Also if I would be living near this place I would go but not anymore because you're one of the tourney organizers xO zzzzz

oh am i?? haha shows how much you know..
i just get annoyed by stupid responses.. and i read the most from you...
" but..but im not ga-ga going anymore because.. your a big me-me-meanieee"
is that what you wanted to say?

Zantetsu

Smash Master
Oh wow.. Yes.. exactly. pokemon have a mind of their own because they are actually alive in the game. Its called random programing. The pokemon are programed to randomly select characters to attack.
I'm pretty sure the pokemon only activate once the door is open and you get near the door. After the door is open for a long time, they eventually come out randomly.

Then again, this is just what I'm guessing.

Don't get hit. Ness's recovery can be gimped on other stages just as easily as it can on saffron. Ness is just a crappy character.

Stay in canada..
Was there a reason for this at all? There was NO reason to bring up his country and insult it like that >_>

Also, don't argue with people like sirhc, because they know a lot more things that new-board-***s like you ignore
Zenyore is right.

B Link

Smash Lord
omg I hate it when people don't know who the "best players" are and say some person who played isai

whaahppnd

Smash Journeyman

Stay in canada..

yea... i would suggest you shut up before making yourself sound stupider

what he was referring to was that you cant pick saffron for the first match but the loser of that match can counter pick it... so if you win that match as ness you dont have to play ness for the second game

point 2 - as mentioned, just because someone plays isai doesn't make them part of the "best players"

side note - I don't really care if Saffron is in or not; I DONT want Yoshi's islands... add me to the "survey" as I registered... and I don't have a problem with Zebes

cpotamianos@gmail.com

Smash Apprentice
please take this outside of my threads... this is only for tournament responses.. take your squabbles elsewhere please!

Ps.. is there anyway to delete comments off of threads??

cpotamianos@gmail.com

Smash Apprentice
New UPDATE

Entry Fee:
1v1 $10

Prizes: (15% of the prizes will go to House, the rest given to the players in the following percentages)

Singles:
1st place - 70% of prize
2nd place - 15% of prize
3rd place - gets back their buy-in

Doubles:
If wanted during tournament can be thrown together there for those who want in.. (so bring extra cash for buy-in)

Date: Saturday August 23, 2008
People can arrive as early as 11AM
Tournament Starts: when all contestants arrive
(absolute latest 2PM)
Singles Start, then Doubles if wanted
Tournament ends: then kick back begins. but gaming still continues.

Tournament Rules

•Double Elimination
•All matches are best of 3, with finals best of 5.
•5 stock, No Time limit
However No excessive STALLING is allowed! If caught doing so, you will be asked to stopped with a warning. If you continue to do so, you will forfeit the match.
•Items OFF

•Stages/Characters Choices:
••Stages available: Peach's Castle, Hyrule Temple, Dreamland and Congo Jungle.
••Counter Stages are: Saffron City and Sector Z
••Stages Banned are: Mushroom Kingdom, Yoshi's Island, and Planet Zebes

•First round stage is random unless players can agree upon a stage
•Advanced Slob Picks - Loser may choose the next stage or elect to go to random, then winner may choose to change characters, then loser may change characters
•Double Blind may be called in the first match

--You are responsible to BRING YOUR OWN CONTROLLER.
Bringing Food and Beverages welcomed. Some will be Provided.

*Rules are STILL subject to change by registered surveys.
REGISTER WHILE SEATS ARE AVAILABLE. SPOTS GOING FAST

srbsburrito

Smash Apprentice
me and the bros are gonna win this

im the best around, there is no chance of survival with me

me and the bros are gonna take this
samus

tigerbombzz

Smash Apprentice
holy *** bag...im sooo scared! hes the man! SOMEBODY STOP HIM!!

*bows and trembles in fear cuz of enormous reiatsu

srbsburrito

Smash Apprentice
but really it should only be one character be allowed and that would be the character you will be in through the competition or else everyone with just pick a better character to challenge you and that will be gay
sector z should be a in cause me and the bros can do narly combos and if its just a counter stage will we be able to chose it when we lose?

tigerbombzz

Smash Apprentice
shiet if u only need 1 character u better PICK JESUS if you want to beat me SHUN! oh wait...not even JESUS can save you from my wrath u fuking heathen

srbsburrito

Smash Apprentice
wow bro come on thats not cool only cuz im gonna win the comp. dosent give you the right bro not cool man
but really i hope i get to play in the tournament so i can wipe the smile off your face
by the way my name is benito and if you hear my name in the tournament i hope you come up to me and say a friendly hello bro

tigerbombzz

Smash Apprentice
i'll give you a friendly "stfu" thats what i'll give you shun! aye r tard...u think ur tight? throw down 5 bills and ill make the 5 hour trip to play you

srbsburrito

Smash Apprentice
k your cool bot really more like just really gay with no freinds any way ill be at the tournament so we can talk later if your going

Dylan_Tnga

Smash Master
so does that mean your scared of me well i guess your just talk bro
Tigerbombz would destroy you lol. He types like a ****** but hes got mad skills yo.

Id go if I lived in california but I dont. And not banning yoshis story is effing ********. You can jump on the clouds and they dont dissapear, itd be more balanced if as SOON as someone touched the cloud it dissapeared 5-7 seconds later but you can shorthop on a cloud indefinatly

PEW PEW. PEW PEW. PEW PEW. PEW PEW. yeah....

Ban that stage.

tigerbombzz

Smash Apprentice
omg im soo l33t wen i got on the cloud...fukign flying nymbus feared my reiatsu and disappeared wen i turn super sayian and went fukign nuts and threw a 3episode kame kame ha! yess sniff

Top Bottom