• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

SSB 64 Tournament UPDATE

cpotamianos@gmail.com

Smash Apprentice
I really wish you guys could make it with all that smack talking.. I'm sure you guys would make the competition a bit more interesting with those kinds of side bets and I'm actually curious to see who is actually good

Id go if I lived in california but I dont. And not banning yoshis story is effing ********. You can jump on the clouds and they dont dissapear, itd be more balanced if as SOON as someone touched the cloud it dissapeared 5-7 seconds later but you can shorthop on a cloud indefinatly

PEW PEW. PEW PEW. PEW PEW. PEW PEW. yeah....

Ban that stage.
1. Yoshi's ISLAND IS banned (read the update on page 2 and 1)
2. It shouldn't really matter to you since you can't come lol :p

cpotamianos@gmail.com

Smash Apprentice
is there walk ins or early reg only?
Well since we are trying to fill a 32 spot quota. We are currently only taking early registers. Maybe within the last week or so, if quota isn't met, i can send the address to those wanting to go via private messages for walk-ins.. but i think that is the best i can do for now..
Hope it works out!

Good idea banning YS. Good luck with the tourney man!

whaahppnd

Smash Journeyman
tiger you comin?
crap im prob not gonna place well
i was hoping this would actually be a tourney where i could win

kinda disappointed that sector z is gonna be allowed...

Surri-Sama

Smash Hero
Well since we are trying to fill a 32 spot quota. We are currently only taking early registers. Maybe within the last week or so, if quota isn't met, i can send the address to those wanting to go via private messages for walk-ins.. but i think that is the best i can do for now..
Hope it works out!

if Tigerbombz is willign to walkin to yoru tourny let him, he will bump the level of your tourney like 9000+

cpotamianos@gmail.com

Smash Apprentice
we currently have 25 people registered (of 32 contestant spots) and about 5 people who said they are coming but have not registered. So technically there is 7 openings left since its first come first served based.
So if you have a crew, i would register you and your crew as soon as possible.

*We will ask for full name(s), phone number(s) and survey questions if needed.

Also.. we have a couple teams willing for doubles.. is if there any other doubles players that want doubles in let us know as soon as possible and we will make it official.

thanks

tigerbombzzzz

Smash Rookie
i am sorry but if i go, all yallz will be sending ur money to me and my partner in singles or doubles cuz my friend can actually beat me 1v1...GG

cpotamianos@gmail.com

Smash Apprentice
New Update:

(2v2) Doubles are IN

we are thinking:
- Since there are only a few teams, Doubles will start before Singles.
- Entree fee $10 each team mate ($20 per team)
- Single Elimination
- As for game play rules, Singles Rules apply.

*let us know what you think.. majority of polls still change rules

+ We are still taking registers for both 1v1s and 2v2s

Thanks everyone

cpotamianos@gmail.com

Smash Apprentice
By the way anyone using the greyhound to get here, the Glendale station would be easiest for us to pick you up. Anyone using the Metro, The Gold Line has the Allen exit that you can take and it would take us literally 3 mins to pick you up from there.

whaahppnd

Smash Journeyman
How many teams are there?

If there are only like 5 teams then we can do round robin best of 3

cpotamianos@gmail.com

Smash Apprentice
Right now there are 4 registered teams and 1 that says they are in but no registeration.

ATTENTION: 2v2 PLAYERS!

Which do you prefer for the doubles matches, a round robin (double round robin, best of three), single or double elimination competition?

cpotamianos@gmail.com

Smash Apprentice
dude sign me and the bro alan for the 2v2 and same rules applay?
haha no worries.. you were already signed in for it.

Update/Recap:

••As of today:

•There are 8 registered teams for the 2v2.
• 2v2 will start AFTER singles
•The rules for 2v2 are same as singles which are:

- team attack on
- double elimination (best of 3, finals best of 5)
- 5 stock, No Time limit
- Items OFF
- Stages same (Sector Z is still in as counter by popular vote haha believe it or not, if it really is a problem call/text/message us otherwise. But you must be registered or you will be ignored :/)

*Option suggestions for prize split: (pot with 8 teams is $160)

-either
1st - $100
2nd - $40
3rd - gets back buy-in

or 70%, 20%, 10%
or Winner takes all.

let us know what you prefer..
thanks

cpotamianos@gmail.com

Smash Apprentice
From the Organizers of the SSB Tournament... we would like to thank everyone who showed up and participated.. all of you were great to meet and play in person.

We hope you had a lot of fun.. And after discussing the event, we agreed that we wouldn't mind hosting another one in the future (maybe even an annual event). And of course now, we have more experience to run it more efficiently and know what to expect. This was our first time participating and hosting a video game event and we were extremely pleased with the way it turned out.

So again thanks and we will keep you posted with any future events..

PS: Tournament Results are up in the Tournament Results Board :)

Top Bottom