• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

SSB MoneyMatches

Sensei

Smash Lord
I've been thinking about this for awhile and I think this will interesting. Since the ssb (and also brawl, lol) community are able to compete online, then we can also do moneymatches via paypal. It would be cool if we can organize all the money matches in one thread. P2P should be the preferred way to play, but you can do whatever you like. Obviously, the honor system needs to be applied here lol. And the stakes shouldn't be too high just in case somebody decides not to pay the winner so the winner won't be too upset. Like $5 or $10 MMs would be reasonable. So without further ado...

Anybody wanna do a paypal match? lol

Edit: Almost forgot, I'll only do moneymatches with people within the continental USA. I won't moneymatch in laggy/delay matches lol. If you don't lag or cause delay and you are outside the US, I'll moneymatch you.

Zantetsu

Smash Master
I've thought of this before and I do like the idea but the honor system is something that really has to be looked into. We should have this thread have a list of how many times a person has payed up and how many times they haven't. Example :

BHLMRO : Payed : 3 times | Not Payed : 0 times
Guy who johns : Payed : 0 times | Not Payed : 1 time

People can just report if the opponent payed or not in this thread. Simple as that :)

Surri-Sama

Smash Hero
I've thought of this before and I do like the idea but the honor system is something that really has to be looked into. We should have this thread have a list of how many times a person has payed up and how many times they haven't. Example :

BHLMRO : Payed : 3 times | Not Payed : 0 times
Guy who johns : Payed : 0 times | Not Payed : 1 time

People can just report if the opponent payed or not in this thread. Simple as that :)
i dont know it seems like bugs waiting to happen, what if the person who doesnt pay, trys to say he did? then theres a stalemate :|

Sensei

Smash Lord
BHLMRO, I like your idea, we should do that. I'll try to organize the "honor" list lol. Everybody starts at zero first.

Sirhc, if the person who lost doesn't pay and says he did, the person who won will be the one to confirm this. No problem. The only "bugs" is if PayPal itself somehow has an error doing the transaction, which will be up to the players to try and resolve the issue with PayPal.

ALSO........

BHLMRO, MM? My fox vs. your anything or my link vs your anything? $5, best out of 5? Dreamland and Hyrule only.

Sensei

Smash Lord
wow, the ssb community needs to step it up! lol, where is the competitiveness? I wish brawl came out first, then melee, then ssb64, so everybody would be into ssb64 right now lol.

Metà

Smash Master
on p2p you barely notice delay, pm me your msn or something and ill set you up
I don't play online really...ever. I did a few times, but I quit. How about you come to my tournament on April 19/20 and we can money match then? There will be SSB64, and also, unityole would like to challenge your title as best 64 player in Canada I think. You think you can take him?

_kSo_

Smash Master
wow, the ssb community needs to step it up! lol, where is the competitiveness? I wish brawl came out first, then melee, then ssb64, so everybody would be into ssb64 right now lol.

here i was thinking the same exact thing.

I would do money matches online, but the p2p is not perfect. in addition, I don't have time to play now due to the massive amount of exams i have coming up in the next few weeks

AlanCiTuAndPope20

Smash Journeyman
I've been thinking about this for awhile and I think this will interesting. Since the ssb (and also brawl, lol) community are able to compete online, then we can also do moneymatches via paypal. It would be cool if we can organize all the money matches in one thread. P2P should be the preferred way to play, but you can do whatever you like. Obviously, the honor system needs to be applied here lol. And the stakes shouldn't be too high just in case somebody decides not to pay the winner so the winner won't be too upset. Like $5 or $10 MMs would be reasonable. So without further ado...

Edit: Almost forgot, I'll only do moneymatches with people within the continental USA. I won't moneymatch in laggy/delay matches lol. If you don't lag or cause delay and you are outside the US, I'll moneymatch you.

It's a good idea. I have done moneymatches since 2006 but only within my country,lol.
I mean on console. Never online. It's a pity T_T.

SuPeRbOoM

Smash Master
I don't play online really...ever. I did a few times, but I quit. How about you come to my tournament on April 19/20 and we can money match then? There will be SSB64, and also, unityole would like to challenge your title as best 64 player in Canada I think. You think you can take him?
I can't come cause I have school, why don't you guys just come to CT4?
and yes I think I can take him

this guy doesn't know what he's talking about
go ledge cancel somewhere else :laugh:

and meta if you played p2p with me it would be around 1-2 frames(hardly noticeable...to me)

valoem

Smash Journeyman
lol sensei always trying to hustle i started playing again ill need some practice though for altanta

whaahppnd

Smash Journeyman

man stop tryin to get some quick cash sensei

lol jk

on a sidenote id be up for some MM back when im in jersey like this summer

Mura

Smash Apprentice
Wait what?

There's a tourney in Atlanta? o.O

What in the? Sa? There's a tourney in..-blows up- x.x

Surri-Sama

Smash Hero
I am unable to travel for MM's but if anyone is in the Atlantic Region of Canada ill MM them but only on console, and only for 10-15$, PM if there is any interest (i dout there will be, no one lives in this place xD)

PikashoX

Smash Apprentice
pretty sweet idea. kinda worried about the whole honor system though.

"i paid you!"
"no, you didnt"
"did too"

.. o_O

superboom, can you help me set up p2p? much appreciated :D

Umbrasquall

Smash Ace
Why don't we just all send our money to Superboom and save the trouble of setting this up.

BearsAreScary

Smash Journeyman
tourney in atlanta?
i'm down!

me and my friend @ GaTech run about even with aaron (cassidy) and moogle, looking for some new faces and challenges down here

we were told the jersey guys were coming down during summer....is that what you're talking about? if i'm around, i'll definitely MM if i have a few bucks on me =D

SheerMadness

Smash Master
If theres a huge ssb64 tourney in Atlanta I'd consider going.

Huge as in like atleast 50 people.

whaahppnd

Smash Journeyman
tourney in atlanta?
i'm down!

me and my friend @ GaTech run about even with aaron (cassidy) and moogle, looking for some new faces and challenges down here

we were told the jersey guys were coming down during summer....is that what you're talking about? if i'm around, i'll definitely MM if i have a few bucks on me =D
Have you not played Mura? I thought he said he played Aaron
WOW (to Mura): is this the same Aaron (Cassidy) you were talkin about?

so whens this tourney happening? I MIGHT be able to come as well (most like i wont)

Why don't we just all send our money to Superboom and save the trouble of setting this up.
I'm sure that if this ACTUALLY got set up, Isai would be into makin sum cash...

I'm thinking that we should try to set up a KILLER SSB64 tournament like sheer said... if we got like 30 (good) people that would be awesome...

Mura

Smash Apprentice
Maybe...

I've heard my friend mentioning Cassidy before. o.o. I don't know a lot of the people's online smash names. ._. Still don't. ._.

omfgomfg

Smash Lord
Your eyes happened to drift to my location, I see.
lol i will be far more skilled than malva before i take a money match with any of you
(must be 100% sure i can win)

chances of that happening? given a period of three days, less than 5x(10^-12) % per hour.
which is basically quantum randomness or whatever it's called (same chances of a mansion randomly appearing in the sky and crashing on the ground)

PikashoX

Smash Apprentice
If theres a huge ssb64 tourney in Atlanta I'd consider going.

Huge as in like atleast 50 people.
yeah about 50 people would be enough to convince me to pay for a plane ticket down there lol

of course if mura buys my ticket..

Surri-Sama

Smash Hero
chances of that happening? given a period of three days, less than 5x(10^-12) % per hour.
which is basically quantum randomness or whatever it's called (same chances of a mansion randomly appearing in the sky and crashing on the ground)
this happened yesterday, a huge house was flung into the air by an unknowen force, sending it back to the ground (gravity ftw)

Now you must mm me :) :p

Top Bottom