• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

SSB4 Character Demands Tier List - BACK FROM THE DEAD AND PREPARING THE UPDATE CANNON

woopyfrood

Smash Lord
INDEX
1. Introduction
2. How This Thread Works
3. The Tier List
4. Featured Challenger
5. Links​

1. Introduction
Hello, Dear Smashers and Forumites alike, and welcome to the SSB4 Character Demands Tier, a site-wide project to help document the desires of Smash Fans and their dreams of character possibilities.

Yes, the title of the thread is quite self-explanatory, but let me clarify a little further...

...SSB4 is both highly anticipated and discussed. People want more items, stages, modes of play, and whatnot.

But, most of all, people want characters.

Super Smash Brothers is a fighting game at heart, and characters are a defining part of most fighting games. However, since Smash Brothers is like a huge crossover of video games, the roster of playable characters is doubly important.

Because much of Smash Brothers' appeal resides in it's collection of fighters, having your Video Game character of choice become a challenger in the next SSB is nothing short of a dream come true for some. That's why it's such a hot subject. That's why there's such fervor and loyalty to certain franchises.

That's why this thread was made. To give us all a clear look at the Smash Community's hopes for the next Smash Roster.

So, before this intro becomes a wall of text, let's get down to business...

2. How This Thread Works
If you haven't already guessed, this thread will act much like a poll. Just to assure you, even though it says "Tier List", this is NOT a personal gauge of how important I think character suggestions are. This is a list of vote amounts, grouped into tiers.

There are rules to voting, so listen up.

First and foremost, there is no limit to the number of characters you can support. Each character on your list will count as one vote for the character. The votes will be tallied via spreadsheet on my computer and the thread will be updated. Yes, you can edit your votes, but it may be troublesome to hunt down your previous post(s), so try to to make your first vote as complete as possible.

Second of all, if it wasn't obvious, don't try to repost your votes. I record the usernames of all voters, and in the event that a re-vote does slip through it can seriously mess up the tally. This has already happened once and I'm fairly certain that I've fixed it, but I worry that too many mistakes will make the list too inaccurate.

Thirdly, please be serious. Do not bother to list characters that do not have their origins in Video Games. I don't mean to be harsh, but even though Goku, Batman, and others have been in a lot of games, it's still a fairly ridiculous concept that they will appear in Smash Bros. I have listed some rather silly suggestions, but Non-Game characters is where I draw the line. Franchises that have not appeared on a Nintendo console at least once in the past are also extremely unlikely, but I may list them.

Lastly, This is not the SSB4 Discussion thread. If you want to chat, go over there.

3. The Tier List

Mewtwo - 40

Megaman - 33

King K. Rool - 22

Roy - 22

Ridley - 21

Isaac - 20

Bowser Jr./Shadow Mario - 19

Geno - 17

Little Mac - 17

Krystal - 17

Paper Mario - 14

Doctor Mario - 14

Claus/Masked Man - 11

Pichu - 11

Young Link - 10

Waluigi - 10

Tails - 10

Dark Samus - 9

Toad (Mario) - 9

Knuckles - 9

Banjo-Kazooie - 8

Lyndis - 8

Dixie Kong - 8

Black Knight - 8

Tom Nook - 8

Shadow - 8

Midna/Wolf Link - 7

Toon Zelda/Tetra - 7

Daisy - 7

Samurai Goroh - 6

Sylux - 6

Vaati - 6

Sukapon - 6

Bomberman - 6

Plusle & Minun - 6

Black Shadow - 6

Rosalina - 5

Zero X - 5

Ninten - 5

Galacta Knight - 5

Skull Kid - 4

Darkrai - 4

Saki Amamiya - 4

Micaiah - 4

Balloon Fighter - 4

Crono - 4

Kumatora - 3

Kamek - 3

Birdo - 3

Meowth - 3

Dr. Eggman - 3

Deoxys - 3

Takamaru - 3

Gold Trainer - 3

Paula - 3

Lip - 2

Mew - 2

Metal Sonic - 2

Zant - 2

Earthworm Jim - 2

Sothe - 2

Raichu - 2

Custom Robo Ray - 2

Mike Jones - 2

Space Pirate - 2

Ryu Hayabusa - 2

Gardevoir - 2

Giegue/Giygas - 2

4. Featured Challenger
Welcome to Featured Challenger, where we draw attention to potential Newcomers.

Rayman

The limbless wonder, Rayman!​

A prominent video game character in his own right, he has but only a few appearances on Nintendo consoles (and most of them are about insane rabbits).

A moveset for Rayman would be obvious. His attacks would make use of the fact that his hands and feet are not restricted by petty limbs. As for specials, Hair-Chopper would be his recovery move, Wind-Up punch would be his Basic Special (and it would have very longe range when fully charged), Side and down special could make use of the many power-ups found in Rayman 3: Hoodlum Havoc.

If you have any move-sets for Rayman posted somewhere else on the forums, Personal Message me them and I might link to them here!
...Speaking of links...​

5. Links

N88's Poll, A poll by a fellow smasher. It needs some traffic, so show it some love. Or just vote on it. Whichever.

Mewtwo Petition, Mewtwo is in high demand...err, to return to Smash, that is. If you support Mewtwo, be sure to sign your name here!

...And more to come. If you want something to be linked here, be sure PM me about it!​

Past Featured Challengers: Earthworm Jim

Kefrius

Smash Apprentice
Man if this is not a thread to see which are the most textures/ or models then I THINK it doesnt believe it belongs here.

But my votes ;) :
- The Black Knight
- Tom Nook
- Geno
- Ridley
- Zero X
- Banjo

NeoTLkid

Smash Cadet
it'd be nice to have them organized, btw i want
-Zant
-Wolf Link
-All characters in the forbidden 7

woopyfrood

Smash Lord
Alright, I'm getting this all down. I'll post when the numbers start piling up.

Steelia

Smash Champion
...So, just for clarification, we can post however many characters on our wish lists? Because, honestly, I've got a larger-than-average list going at the moment. I just want to know if I'd need to trim it down, or post as-is (the list in question containing a solid 40+ characters).

~If not, easily Mewtwo, hands-down my most supported character. I'll post whatever else I've got once clarification has been made. :)

Kief

Smash Ace
Myself. I think I would make a pretty good character. I don't know why I wasn't in Brawl. Idiots...Also, my friend Ugg wouldn't make a bad character either.

Wouldn't mind seeing some Paper Mario characters in there as well. But when I think Paper Mario I think old school, like how about Kooper. They'd all have **** air/spot dodges though.

Rudra

Smash Ace
Krystal, Roy, Pichu, Doc., Mewtwo, Lyn, Megaman, Bass, Roll, Ridley, Dark Samus, Dixie, King K. Rool, Kalypso, Gold (Pokemon Trainer with Johto Pokemon), Kat and Ana, Daisey, Bowser Jr., Samurai Goroh, Black Shadow, Geno...

Thats just from the top of my head. =3

zephyrnereus

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
1048-9153-4450
Krystal, Geno, Mewtwo, Pichu, Megaman, Ryu, Bison.

for lulz, Sakurai and Miyamoto

woopyfrood

Smash Lord
...So, just for clarification, we can post however many characters on our wish lists? Because, honestly, I've got a larger-than-average list going at the moment. I just want to know if I'd need to trim it down, or post as-is (the list in question containing a solid 40+ characters).
You can post it here and I'll try to get it all down. I want the list to be complete as possible (barring the option of including every Nintendo character ever made), but I would prefer it if you only posted the ones you want the absolute most...so trimming it down might be necessary.

---

Also, stating that you want "Zero" or "Zero X" or any other adult version of Megaman will go into a particular category. Stating that you want "Megaman" will be regarded as the demand for the classic Blue Bomber Design.

---

The list is already large, but there are not many characters who have over one vote. Should I post the top scoring characters now?

NovaRyumaru

Smash Apprentice
NNID
NovaRyumaru
Characters I want....

Returning:
Yoshi[as if i really need to vote for him, he's not going anywhere. :)]
Kirby[see above]
Captain Falcon[see above]
Fox[see above]
Ike
Wario

As for new characters that'd be nice:
Yoshi[Black D:<]
Vaati
Crono
Issac[Golden Sun]
Zero[x or MegamanZero, both are good. :p]
Banjo Kazooie[sp?]
King Boo[Or a generic boo]
Geno[duh?]
Sora
Infernape
Dusknoir

Soulless9922

Smash Rookie
Leon Powalski
Lolo
Zant
Darknut
Bowser Jr.
Waluigi
Paper Mario
Black Shadow
King K. Rool
Tails
Knuckles
Dr. Eggman
Daisy
Krystal
Birdo
Bomberman
Regulus

(And also Batman FTW)

Steelia

Smash Champion
You can post it here and I'll try to get it all down. I want the list to be complete as possible (barring the option of including every Nintendo character ever made), but I would prefer it if you only posted the ones you want the absolute most...so trimming it down might be necessary.
Gotcha.
In that case... I did the best I could. I swear. D:

Super Mario
-Dr. Mario
-Princess Rosalina
-Paper Mario
-Dry Bowser

WarioWare
-Ashley

DK
-King K. Rool

Legend of Zelda
-Imp Midna/Twili Midna
-Young Link

Metroid
-Ridley
-Dark Samus

Kirby
-Adeleine
-Galacta Knight

Star Fox
-Krystal

EarthBound/MOTHER
-Masked Man/Claus
-Ninten
-Giygas/Giegue/Gyiyg

Pokemon
-Mewtwo
-Darkrai
-Deoxys
-Pichu

Fire Emblem
-Roy
-Lyndis

3rd Party
-Mega Man
-Geno

n88

Smash Lord
;)

That may be of some help, although Toad should have about twelve less votes than he currently does (Somebody voted for him like, thirteen times)

Thrillhouse-vh.

Smash Hero
Like what we had when Brawl was announced SmashChu? Buti nstead of a smaller board for stages, it's just a thread for stages, then one for characters, gameplay, etc?

That way the stream of conversation won't change that often and we could all focus on one thing at a time, on multiple ones with multiple threads.

smashmaniac2008

Smash Journeyman
CHARACTERS:
B. Jr./Shadow Mario – Reason – He has been in every Mario game since his introduction
King K. Rool* – Reason – Been in almost every Donkey Kong game; main villain of Donkey Kong Country
Ganondorf w/sword* – Reason – I gave him his sword because fans have been asking for it since melee.
Toon Link w/new moveset* – Reason – been in numerous Zelda games; can have a decent moveset
Vaati* – Reason – main villain in 4 swords series; popular (I don’t like him ask me I prefer mask link)
Mewtwo* – Reason – Highly missed in Brawl; eliminated for no reason; Popular; Fits in SSB
New Pokemon* – Reason – Tradition
Falco w/ new Moveset – I am replacing all the clones/semi–clones
Wolf w/ new Moveset – I am replacing all the clones/semi–clones wait why am should we even keeping Wolf?
Krystal – Highly popular; been in every Star Fox Game since introduction; need more girls
Marth (now in English lol)
New Lord – Reason – Tradition
Ninten – Reason – Ness and Lucas in it why not Ninten?/bias; first Mother Hero; BIASED
Lucas w/new specials – Reason – I am replacing all the clones/semi–clones
Skapon – Reason – Popular; Old School; Unexpected; Abstract; basically same reason as G&W and R.O.B.
Isaac – Reason – Popular; Cool; Main Character in GS; From a popular RPG; BIASED
Mega Man – Reason – Popular; associated w/Ninty; Capcom has said that they’d be glad if he was in SSB
DOWNLOADABLE CHARACTERS (for all of my biased character that shouldn’t be in a reasonable roster)
Ike (Vanguard) – Reason – I would’ve put him the regular roster but I had no room
Black Shadow – Reason – same as above (adapted Ganondorf’s old moveset)
Masked Man – Reason – I like him; semi-popular; <_< BIASED
Panther – Reason – same as above
Masked Link - Reason - Epic; he was in the 2nd best Zelda game ever; I like triple changers
Takumaru – Reason – I don’t like him but he’s popular so yeah.
Ridley – Reason – Popular; in LIKE every metroid game; pwns; is RIDLEY (same size as in melee)
Toad - Reason - one of the Big 8 Mario Characters, rumors since melee hell rumored since original.

Jeps

Smash Cadet
Super long list of characters I want in SSB4

Paper Mario
Mr. L (non-paper)
Waluigi
Rosalina
Bowser Jr.
Baby Mario Bros.
Toad
King K. Rool
Masked Link
Midna
Dark Samus
Sylux
Ridley(too big?????)
Galactica Knight
Krystal
Black Shadow
Mewtwo (returns from Melee)
Darkrai
Deoxys
New Pokemon
Lyn
Roy (returns from Melee)
Ninten
Masked Man/Claus
Isaac (Golden Sun)
Little Mac
Tom Nook
Takumaru
Grey Fox (sorry I don't know anyone else from MGS)
Shadow
Megaman
Lloyd Irving (Tales of Symphonia)
Geno

Thrillhouse-vh.

Smash Hero
All characters from past Smash Bros. Games return.

Geno (SMRPG)
Ridley (Metroid)
Isaac (Golden Sun)
Muddy Mole (Mole Mania)
Little Mac (Punch-Out!!)
Dr. Lobe (Big Brain Academy) / Tom Nook (Animal crossing) [Rep from a "casual" series]

Some of these come from games with little to no violence in them, but I think it's be great to see what the developers can do with the characters to adapt them into Smash's style.

I would main Dr. Lobe in a heartbeat.

JOE!

Smash Hero
my wishlist:

Mewtwo (with new moveset)

Meowth (reps the anime better than Jigglypuff)

Space Pirate (Metroid Prime Series)

Skull Kid (from majora's mask)

woopyfrood

Smash Lord
The tier is now up. Mewtwo is the current Leader, with the likes of Geno, Ridley, and Krystal not far behind.

Leo Kitsune

Smash Apprentice
I'm disturbed at the lack of suggestions for Tails. Only one person even mentioned him.

I'd be fine with him, Issac and Megaman (classic) getting in along with the Brawl cast (plus Roy and Mewtwo). Oh, and Cress too, since Phantasia came out on the SNES first.

Clownbot

Smash Lord
Here we go...

Mega Man
Ryu Hayabusa (Ninja Gaiden)
Mewtwo
Pokemon Trainer (w/ 2nd Gen pokemon)
Meowth
Paper Mario
Little Mac
Animal Crossing Villager

Will probably update later. I'm pretty much coming up with these off the top of my head. :p

JOE!

Smash Hero
hey, what happened to my Space Pirate Suggestion? He'd be cool...and in like z-tier with 1 vote :p

JOE!

Smash Hero
and meowth has 2

honestly, i'd consolidate the 4 and 3 votes, make 2 it's own tier, and keep e tier for 1 vote wonders

Shadic

Alakadoof?
NNID
Shadoof
Voting for:
Mewtwo
Geno
Megaman
King K. Rool
Isaac
Lyndis
Banjo
Little Mac
Daisy
Toad
Dixie Kong

And an anti-vote: (Likely not possible, but whatever)
Ninten

Top Bottom